z

Young Writers Society

The Crossing

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:45 am
Kinsley says...

Elysia gasped and ran from her hiding position in the trees. She couldn't find Baer so she left her sister by the campsite to go look for him. Well, she'd found him alright. And if what he said was anything to go by, she'd found his brother too. She had to leave, she thought, she wasn't just dealing with a thief, she was dealing with a murderer.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:37 pm
blackwings_angel says...

{I hope this sounds like Ruben.}

Baer turned, he heard a rustle behind him. Had the easterlings already found out that Ruben was in trouble. No, he saw a flash of a dress in the woods. One of the girls had followed him. "Your getting off easy this time, Ruben. Next time I see you satlking either of these girls, head will roll. "Yeah and it will probably be yours," Ruben said in between coughs. Blood was now trickling out of the corner of his mouth. Baer burst into the camp he had set up, Elsyia pulling on her sister's sleeve.
"I brought back the rabbit." Baer said smoothly. The girl spun around to face him fear in her eyes.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

22 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:09 am
Kinsley says...

A rabbit. He was using a rabbit as a cover for murder. Elysia spun around, Miya on her hip. She pushed back her blond curls with her delicate fingers and looked down nervously. Could she still get away if he was here? No, she decided. She would wait until he was asleep. Unless...

"There is no fire," she said thinking quickly. She set Miya on the ground. Should she and her sister run while gathering wood or should she make Baer get it and then make her get away?

(I don't know, you decide Black_wings. I'm not sure if running would be in her charachter.)
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:35 am
misspriss says...

Coughing weakly, Ruben crawled towards a creek he had seen earlier and painfully took a gulp of the icy water.

Shaking uncontrollably, he brought took a leather pouch from his pocket and ate the contents. He immediately felt his broken ribs mending. He smiled, good 'ole magic. Of course, he had faked some of the pain back there, just to make Baer think he was gaining the upper hand, though most of it he had felt, and the pain had seared through his body.

It was a good thing the girl had found them, or Baer probably would have finished the job. Now, not only was he alive, but he was mending rapidly, and the girl no longer trusted Baer. This was to his advantage, he thought, smiling.

He stood up and painfully stretched his muscles, yes indeed, most of the pain had been real.

38 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:39 pm
blackwings_angel says...

(i thought since she followed him once she'd follow him again, if not I'll edit it)

"I'll get the wood, the sooner we can eat the better." He walked back into the woods, looking for old dead trees.
He heard leaves crinkling behind him, she was following him. He smiled to himself.
"I really do hope that easterling doesn't try to attack those poor helpless girls again, I almost couldn't fend them off."
He heard a gasp from behind him, his plans was working.
When he finally found a tree weak enough to push over and break easily for firewood, he slammed into it with his shoulder, with a loud creak the tree fell. He bent over it, starting to break off limbs.
"THose poor girls, being followed by easterlings. If I ever see another one try to harm them I swear I'll kill em." The leaves started crinkling behind him getting closer and closer.
"I- came to help." Elysia said, her voice unsteady.
Maybe Baer wasn't such a bad actor after all. He gave her a large smile, and started breaking off more chunks of the wood. Then he stood up, with a bundle of wood and started walking back, Elysia tagging along. Maybe she still did trust him. He saw out of the corner of his eyes her reaching for his knife.
- Never mind,she doesn't trust me. Baer thought spinning around facing her. She stood their aghast, he had caught her.
"Do you think this is enough firewood?" Baer asked, a tone of kindness and honestness slipped off his tongue. She thought he was so clueless. Baer chuckled under his breath. She had it all wrong, he wasn't the clueless one, it was her.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

22 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:15 am
Kinsley says...

(Not sure if this is in charachter for Baer, the whole soft spot for Miya, if you don't like it black_wings I will take it out. You said he could be caring so I think it will work.)

Elysia, grateful for the distraction, watched Miya crawl over a huge fallen tree then run to stand next to them. She looked up at Baer with her big, blue eyes.

"I think that's 'nouf wood, Baer," she said in awe. He shifted his large pile of wood to one arm then reached down to pat her head.

"If it's not, I'll be sure to send you out in the dark to fetch some more," he said teasingly. Her eyes grew big and frightened and he smiled. Elysia smiled too. She knew it was all an act but she liked the way he treated Miya. You'd think that he would grow tired of her many stories of the villiage but he always listened intently and asked her questions about her home. But maybe it was all part of his plan. Gain the trust of the girls. Elysia knew that that could be what he was really doing but she liked to think there was some good in Baer. They started walking back in silence but were soon joined by the complimentary stories told by Miya. At camp Baer built the fire, skinned the rabbit, and cooked it while the girls found a proper sleeping place. Then, stomachs finally full, they settled down for the night.
Last edited by Kinsley on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:21 pm
blackwings_angel says...

(it's perfect. Sounds just like the Baer I imagined.)

Random avatar

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:38 am
misspriss says...

(Er--is there something special about Easterlings that I should know about? Do they have any powers?)

38 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:46 am
blackwings_angel says...

(not that I know of. I kinda imagined them just caring disease that they were immuned to. How about you Kinsley?)

Random avatar

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 am
misspriss says...

(Phooey. *sigh* I will resign myself to being a powerless disease-carrier...:roll:)

22 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 pm
Kinsley says...

Yea. They're just a band of warriors that are feared throught the country that go on rampages. They usually kill just for fun. :(
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:34 am
misspriss says...

:twisted:

Oh--:shock:--sorry. I'm evil, remember?

22 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:19 am
Kinsley says...

Um, I totally don't get what you just said. Sorry, I must be dumb or something...
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:44 pm
misspriss says...

Never mind.

38 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:16 pm
blackwings_angel says...

*hahah* *suddenly gets serious* U kill anyone, you die

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard