z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

Paul mentioned something about Collin and lunch. So that was where we were the next day, in Paul's car, with Collin, headed to the nearest Taco Bell because I had the hugest craving.

School was such a drag today. All I had accomplished to do was listen to the teachers drone on. And I couldn't stop thinking about Danny. Somehow that smirk would not learn my mind. He had a really good smirk. I couldn't not admit that.

"So, Collin, how did the day go for you so far?" Oh, Paul, so formal with his words.

They were both in the back, I was driving. We decided that since my car was the biggest, a tan Jeep Wrangler, it'd be the best for the three of us to go in. And I really wanted to drive, I liked the feeling of being free from the school for a few moments and I had that small feeling to actually leave if I wanted to.

"Whatever, it was alright, just boring, man." Collin replied with a smile.

I turned on the radio, my phone was plugged in through the AUX. A Blink 182 cover started to play.

"Ahh, I feel you, Collin. Danny, please." he called to me. "With the music again, play something good." Paul complained.

"Hey! Blink 182 is good. And this is 5 Seconds of Summer covering them! It's genius!" I defended.

"Come on! Put on some real music."

"Guys, please." Collin said.

We both shut up. I turned down the music and rolled down the windows, feeling the cool air bite at my bare skin. I saw the light in front of me turn red, so I tapped the brake and slowed down to a stop. The Taco Bell was just to my left, so I hit my turning signal.

"Drive-thru or inside?" Paul asked.

"You know me," I said. "Drive-thru only,"

"Who's paying this time?" Collin asked.

I looked at him through the rear view and smiled.

"Okay, so last time it was Collin with the pizza and the time before it was me... Paul, pay up."

He cringed and pulled out his wallet, handing me a Chase credit card. The light turned green and I took the turn, going onto the Drive-Thru lane.

"Hey," I heard someone say behind me.

We were back in school and I was in Biology, it was a course I had to take. I was already ready to dissect my brain so there would be some sort of entertainment.

I turned my head and saw a familiar face, though I couldn't pin a name to them. She had this beautiful blonde waves and her just herself screamed 'SNOBBY'. I smiled and turned back to the front of the class.

"Dafnie," she said.

Looking at her again, I rolled my eyes, expecting a beat down.

"What," I huffed.

"I just wanted to ask if maybe you wanted to come over to my party this Friday." and yet, I was still waiting for the blow. "I'm Jessie," she added with a white toothed smile.

I had to process my thoughts for a moment before I realized that what the fuck Dafnie are you doing hesitating.

"Yeah, I'd love to." I said.

"Great! Awesome, you can bring Paul too."

Okay, I knew her. Of course I did, we've been going to the same school since we were kids. We actually used to even be friends back in middle school. I used to like her a lot, like, look up to her, I mean. I'd wanted to be her with her easiness, and the way guys looked at her. And how proper she was. She was a real lady while I was...

I smiled back and looked back at the front. My Biology teacher, Mr. Jackson was a good teacher. He was about in his fifties and knew what he was doing. He taught other advanced classes as well.

I remembered my schedule by heart.

Homeroom - Ms. Martin
English 104/ Creative Writing - Mr. Blomquist
Math - Mr. Burge
French 101 - Ms. Thom
LUNCH
World History - Mrs. Peabody
Biology - Mr. Jackson

So now, after ten more minutes, TIME TO GO HOME. You don't understand how excited I was. After a week of being here, I was ready to die. Summer, please come back. Or Winter Break last forever.

Mr. Jackson droned on until it was time to go and I bolted out of that class like there was a fire in there. Paul was already by my locker, flirting with some girl. She must be my locker neighbor. I walked over to them and turned the dial on my locker, getting it open. I tossed all my books in there since I didn't need anything and slammed it closed.

"Hey Daffy, ever met Izzy?" he asked.

I rose my eyebrows then looked at the girl.

She had the best hair I had ever seen. It was brown with this red the swarmed in it. I was even jealous.
Spoiler! :
Sorry @NicoleBri I should have looked.

"Isabelle actually," she corrected him. "Hi,"

"Nice to meet you," I smiled.

Collin came up from behind them and caught Isabelle's attention. A small blush started to grow on his face and he walked over to me, covering his face with his hand as he pretended to cough.

I gave him a small smile and looked over at Isabelle. She seemed to know why he was blushing and she was definitely the cause.

I wasn't going to even ask.

"So, anyone else invited to Jessie's on Friday?" I asked, pushing away the awkwardness.

"Yeah," Collin said.

"Same," Isabelle said, looking at Collin.

Oh, how cute.

"Paul, Jessie told me to take you." I said.

"She already invited me, so I'll take you." he smirked.

I just shook my head and started to walk down the crowded and loud hallway toward the exit. People were talking, not even minding the fact that their talking could burst my eardrums. People, be courteous. I followed everyone out to the parking lot and got to my car, crossing the extremely exaggerated green lawn to it.

"Dafnie," and shivers sprung onto my body.

Turning on my heel, I saw Danny in all his glory. His hair all swoopy and that side smirk that made my heart melt. I have never felt like this about any boy.

"Danny," I said.

"Maybe we could take a smoke together?" he suggested and my body felt on fire.

"Sure," I smiled.

"I mean since you totally ditched me with Paul a few days ago..." that cocky son of a bitch.

"Just get in my car," I sighed.

"Who said we were going anywhere?"

He got off the sidewalk and walked over to me, leaving a foot of space between us. You don't understand how badly I wanted to run my hands through his hair.

"I'm not staying here,"

"Are you a safe driver?"

"Trust me," I smirked.
Last edited by Nike on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 am
Gravity says...

Cole

I hate school and home is mediocre. I don't understand it, in the movies, exchange students were always the talk of the school. The only acknowledgement I get are the jealous looks in Art when the teacher recognizes my work, and the bored looks in French when Madame Lacope has me explain things to class so she can grade papers. I feel like I've tried everything. I've even tried dressing up today, wearing my favorite dark colored skinny jeans, dark brown combat boots and a gorgeous floral print blouse with ruffles plus a matching cardigan. And my hair is out of its usual ponytail, in waves down my back. nothing seems to work.

Nothing except running into random people in the hallways. Engrossed in my personal pity party, I managed to run into a flustered (and admittedly cute) boy. He looked like your average hipster, cool jeans with a t shirt. My bag and my books were on the tiled floor of the hallway.

"I'm so sorry...? Erm, what's your name?" He asks.

"Cole. Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going..." My French accent made him scrunch his eyebrows slightly as my tongue had slight difficulty rolling over the rs and my vowels never quite sounded American.

"Cole? That's kinda funny. I'm Collin." He started to help me gather my books. Once he reached for my bag, he held it up close to his face, people walking around us and looking at us oddly.

"You're using this to carry schoolbooks?" He checked the lining of the spacious shoulder bag.

"You do know what this is right?" I looked at him and cocked my head.

"This is a fairly old, but expensive Louis Vuitton." I shrugged.

"My host parents gave it to me as a gift." As I say this, he smiles.

"Well they have very good taste. The bell is about to ring so, I'm sorry-not sorry- I ran into you. It was very nice meeting you." He waved as he walked away and I smiled.

Finally, someone talked to me.
Last edited by Gravity on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:32 am
Ciblio says...

Jessie

Spoiler! :
I feel like Jessie's getting herself into something that's going to break her. But eh, what's life without a little risk, yeah? @Nike, tell meh if I need to change anything.

Her heart raced, breath increased rapidly, face flushed, she was completely embarrassed. Shocked. "What is this? Is he tricking me?"

A voice in the back of her head called to her, "Don't trust him! He just wants to use you, Jessie!"

Jessie pushed away all thoughts, and let her actions get the best of her. Without a nod, or a response, she allowed the boy she'd been crushing on since the 6th grade press his lips against hers. He held onto her hips, and explored her mouth. She could feel the heat rising up in her cheeks, as his hands roamed her body. It was a new touch. It was something she liked, oddly. No guy had ever really touched her, more less kiss her.

Jessie almost resisted as he pulled away, and finally, finally, she looked down to see how close they were. Their wet bodies pressed up against each other in a heated passion. She blushed deeper, and turned her face away, "...we, u-um...we should probably get...back to the others.."

Of course, she didn't care about the others. This is what she'd always wanted. But, she didn't want to do something she'd regret. And...she didn't know if he actually liked her. She'd seen the way he'd looked at her before. He gave her the look that she usually got from people. The "Look-There's-Another-Snobby-Rich-Girl" stare. It pressed her buttons. Got on her nerves. Because...because she wasn't snobby. She tried her best to be the nicest she could to anyone, and everyone. There's always somebody who despises of you, though. Thinks your a fake, something like that. You can't stop them from thinking that. But, you can kill them. Or-wait, no, that sounded wrong. You can kill them with kindness.

With everything running through her mind, Jessie didn't notice him asking her a question. It was weird. Seeing him right in front of her, in her bedroom. This is what she'd always dreamed about. Rupert Franz and her dating. But, no. She wasn't sure. What if he was just playing around? Or just using her for his own needs? Or maybe he's pretending to be interested just to hurt her, oh, that would be bad. Jess started getting second thoughts, and immediately she closed her eyes, squeezing them shut tightly.

"-essie? Hey, did you hear me?" His voice suddenly cut in.

She snapped her eyes open again, and found his gaze fixated on her, though...there was just an expressionless look in his eyes. She was hoping there would be a hint of concern, or interest...something that showed he actually wanted to be with her.

Jess blinked, and took a step away from him, instantly feeling cold without him next to her. She was already used to his body heat? Man, did she have a thing for him.

"I'm gonna go get back in. It's getting kind of chilly." She said, trying to sound casual.

Before she left, though, she slipped him a piece of paper, with 7 numbers scribbled down neatly. She couldn't just...push away the guy she l-oh, whoa, no. The guy she liked.

Jessie fast-walked back down stairs, pushed open the slider door, and, as she told Rupert she was going to do, dove back into the hot tub. The warmth instantly heated her body, and she pulled herself back up to the surface, wiping the excess water from her face.

It was a wonder to her, why he was suddenly interested. Maybe he was acting like this because, well, he's a guy, and she was kind of wearing a revealing bikini...maybe he was just tempted. Or...maybe...maybe he actually liked her? Or, well...a little bit. Even if he remotely liked her, and wasn't just attracted to her because of her figure. Though, maybe that was it. Maybe he just liked her figure. It hadn't crossed her mind that she just lost her first kiss, and as soon as it did, she gasped, slapping her hand over her mouth. She was so distracted by his charm, his lips, his body, that she completely forgot that he just took it. He stole right from beneath her, and she didn't care. This was important to her. She used to daydream about getting her first kiss. It would be special. Under the stars, with the guy she loved. But, now...now she had to live with this. A guy she'd liked since the 6th grade, who suddenly came onto her, and she didn't refuse him. How was it special? How was any of it special?

But on the other hand...she made out with Rupert. Rupert.

Jessie shook her head, attempting to clear her mind, when a deep voice spoke up behind her, "Did you guys do something? Jeez, you're acting like you just murdered somebody."

Jess snapped her head towards the speaker, and scowled quietly, "No...no, I just...he just...I don't know, um..."

Phillip chuckled, "Dammit. The bastard. Now I gotta be jealous."

Jessie frowned, and stared up at the boy, "What do you mean by that?"

Phil waved his hand, "Don't worry about it."

She stared at him for a few more seconds, before dipping her head back under the water, and swimming over to the other side of the large pool/hot tub.

She could feel his eyes on her. Phillips eyes. Not Rupert's. She wasn't even sure if he'd come down yet. "Oh, crap. Is he still in my room? Man, I hope he doesn't go through my things...jeez, why'd I have to leave?"

The others were laying on the chairs that were neatly set up on the patio, drinking alcohol, laughing, horse-playing. Well, this was nice. Having people over, other than her family, or her stuck-up friends. This was a good change.

Jessie blinked her eyes away from the teens, and caught Rupert now talking to Phillip. They were laughing, it seemed. Losing her train of thought, she focused on him, and him only. The lean in his body, the way he tilted his head when he laughed, his smile, the curve of his lips, how his muscles glistened from the not-yet-dried water. He was perfection. Most wondered why a girl like her, rich and "snobby", liked a guy like him, a supposed "bad boy."

He wasn't always bad. He was actually kind of a good kid back in Elementary. But then when they got into the 8th grade, he moved schools. He went to a Junior High school, for 7th and 8th graders. And she, being the perfect angel her parents thought she was, was moved to an expensive private school, where she lived on campus. She didn't see him again until 9th grade, when she was enrolled at Lincoln Wood.

They talked a bit their 9th grade year, but he had...changed. He acted differently, barely ever came to their 3rd hour, which they coincidentally had together. He cursed more. He wasn't the Rupert she knew, but for some odd reason, she liked this Rupert a little better. He was more daring, more interesting, more...attractive. Every time she looked at him...she just got a warm tingly feeling in the pit of her stomach. There would be a lurch, and she would feel fuzzy inside, and she would be reminded as to why she liked this boy.

Unfortunately, Jessie was completely caught up in her thoughts that she forgot she'd been staring at him. She must have zoned out...oh, man. How long's it been? 5 minutes? 10? Longer?

He was now staring back, with a thoughtful look passing over his face. Was he thinking about her? No, no. Probably not. Jessie couldn't help it. Once their eyes met, and she watched his smirk grow, she couldn't help herself.

Jessie pulled herself out of the hot tub, and, as calmly as she could, walked over to him, took his hand, and ed him back upstairs, desperate for his touch, his kiss, his everything. Even if he didn't mean any of it, even if he didn't LIKE her, she craved his touch again, and her selfishness was overpowering her thoughts.

As soon as they reached her room, she slammed the door shut, and pushed her lips back on his. He didn't resist, he simply kissed back with more force, hunger. Their mouths fought furiously together, and she could feel his hands gliding down her back, but she didn't care. His warm fingers trailed all over her, and she liked it. It was weird. Amazingly weird. So freaking amazingly weird that she loved it.

Jess strapped her arms around his neck, and pulled herself closer. She could feel herself breaking, her innocence slipping away, and drifted away into nothing. With their lips still locked, Jessie decided to give herself a break. A break from her thoughts, since, after all, that was what was keeping her from going for what she really wanted. Even if getting what she wanted meant hurting herself.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:35 am
LordGreenleaf says...

Hunter Lexington

Click.

My bike lock clipped into place, it's shiny metal gleaming against the dull sun. My heart was pounding, I had a headache and I was so nervous my hands where soaked with sweat. I took off my helmet and ran a hand through my damp hair, trying not to bring too much attention to myself.

Looking around I could see the types of people I wouldn't get along with. Snobby, entitled people who thought they where gods gift to the earth. I was at Lincoln Wood Private College Prep though, and I had to start getting used to it.

I took out my crumpled schedule.

Homeroom
AP Biology
Advanced Music
Band
Art and Design

I could already tell I was an outsider by looking around. Ariving late, wearing a ripped jacket and my brother's jeans I could tell they where judging me from head to toe.

I felt a hand on my shoulder then and I turned around startled.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. - Jim Carey

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:24 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

"So are you going to Jessie's party?" Paul asked me as we stood by his locker. I had to think about it, I mean, we were definitely not the best of friends. "I'm not even sure. I mean we aren't even friends." I tell him as I grip my books closer to my chest. A girl by the name of Dafnie came up to her locker and put stuff in and slammed it shut.

She was definitely an eye taker. Well at least in my eyes, she was beautiful. "Hey Daffy, ever met Izzy?" Paul asked. I smiled. "Isabelle actually." I say. "Hi." I say again. She smiled, "Nice to meet you." she says.

It was a relief to actually be talking to girls for once that didn't try to start everything with me. I smiled and let out a blush when I saw Collin pass by me. Wow, he smelled good, I am such a weird person. He walks over to talk to Dafnie and I stand at my locker gazing for a moment.

Dafnie started talking about going to Jessie's party and I sighed at the thought. "I'll see you guys later." I say and start walking out the door. Thank god it was time to leave but I definitely wasn't going home.

"Issy!" I heard someone yell. I turned a little and it was Katie. She had been my friend since last year when she moved into town. "Hey." I tell her and smile. "You should give me a ride home and stay the night with me." she tells me. I had to laugh, that was just her excuse to not ride the bus.

"Why is it you never invite me to spend the night?" Katie asked. I sighed, she knew why. "You know my dad doesn't allow friends." I tell her. "It doesn't make sense that he would let you go somewhere else but not let the other people come to your house."

I agreed with her but didn't question my dad. I mean he just wants to be himself in his own house and when people are there he can't be a whore or do anything he wants.

"We should go to Jessie's party Friday." Katie said. I laughed at that. "You know she hates me." I tell her.

"Yeah, but Jessie and I are friends so just come with me?" she asked. I had to think but then again I knew Collin would be there, so why the hell not. "Okay." I say and open the door to my car.

"Get in." I yell to her and laugh.

I drove over to her house and we went straight to her room. "I so totally saw you eyeing that Collin guy at school today." Katie finally bursts out. I flushed.

"So? Do you think something will happen between you two?" she asked. I rolled my eyes, probably not.

"I doubt it." I say aloud. "He probably isn't even in to me." I say. We threw ourselves on her bed and just stared at the ceiling, that is definitely what I needed. Silence.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 am
Sunshine says...

@LordGreenleaf: I think everyone's kind of moved on past just starting, so I've tried to include you and @TakeThatYouFiend's boys. I AM SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE BANDIES.

Adah Lone

So, anyway. School always seemed to blur through, a tornado of introductions and 'remember this'; I can't blame some of the Rich-Daddy-Pays-Tuition kids for skipping. First days are absolutely useless.

Well, except for this one class.

There are a lot of Bandies at LWPCP. Which means, sure, we loose a lot of kids. One of my closest friends, Taylor, left last year. It also means, however, that we get a lot of kids streaming in each year, bringing in new and unusual talents. I heard from Annie that we were even bringing in a British guy who apparently had, and I quote, "mad harmonica skills."

I got there early, but so did Hawthorne Snow. She was rummaging through a few of the school instruments. We didn't really have much to say to each other. The few words we shared in First Hour didn't help me shape an image of her as a person, just an enigma.

Kids trickle in, but this is the hour after lunch, so they can take their time. Most of them are confident, setting their instruments in what they know is their chair, though a enough bat confused eyes that The Director comes out to draw the seating arrangement on the door. I'm really not surprised when The Director, seeing me in the front row, asks me to go greet and show people where to go. (Flutes are always reachable, and get these sort of jobs.)

I stand near the door. Kids, as they come in, whisper stuff about a party at Jessie What's-Her-name's mansion. A party. I'm sure Annie would want to go, and regret it as soon as she got there. That was just her style. Where there's her style, there's me being dragged along as a a dash of blue in it.

A boy comes in. I can see by his appearance that he's way braver than I'd ever have the courage to be. I catch little blue boxes on the cufflinks of his suit, and a mark I associate with those Harry Potter books. I look down at my own long-sleeve white blouse and high-waisted-but-still-long blue skirt. This was the bravest I got. It was actually pretty pathetic.

"Hello." He says, and I remember myself.

"Hi! Welcome to the Lincoln Prep Band! I'm Adah. If you'd tell me what instrument you play, I can help seat you."

"My name is Hugo," he says, his voice odd and rather British. "Melodian and mouthorgan"

"Um, what?"

"I'm the harmonica guy?"

Ah.

"Maybe you should talk to The Director." I pronounce it like most of the band kids, capital T capital D. "I don't know if your instrument came in. If he's busy, you can talk to..." I find my friend in the growing crowd. She waves, and I point. "Annie is the librarian. She knows about this kind of stuff."

"Thanks." He goes towards Annie, but turns toward me as a moment passes. "I'm Hugo, by the way. It's nice to meet you."

I can't help but smile. "It's nice to meet you too."

I take a breather, but only until my breath gets taken away.

Okay, this is silly, but the boy who comes in next is a percussionist. Sticks in the back of the pocket, good hair and all percussionist. A drummer, not a player of one certain instrument, but anything you can beat with a stick. The band sort of needed some of those. Heck, I needed some more of those in my life.

"Hi, I'm Adah. Welcome to the band."

He looks around, taking n our expansive and expensive... well, everything. Being a percussionist, he would get the free roam everyone else dreams of.

"It took me a long time to find this place." He sighs. "Right, sorry. I'm Hunter. What was your name again?"

He finally looks at me, and I get to use my Greeter Smile. I don't get to use it nearly enough, as I have no job, and I'm really not that great of a leader.

"Adah. I can help you, if you need any help. Class is about to start, and The Director has some really great music picked out this year, so it should be fun. Lot's of Micheal Sweeney, so the Percussionist should get good parts." I wince. "Sorry, I'm rambling."

A list of reasons nobody but The Director gives me Leadership positions:
-That.

Hunter says something, but I'm hardly listening. "Sorry, could you repeat that?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:25 am
AlmondEyes says...

Hawthorne

For a moment, I thought I wouldn't make it to class on time. Running three red lights and two stop signs on the way here seemed to help, but a third stop sign would have given me breathing room. With a mental shrug, I let it go. There was nothing to worry about, seeing as how I made it.

Walking into class as the bell rings, I look around, trying to find a familiar face in the crowd. Noticing a girl from my band class, I head in her direction.

“Do you mind if I sit here?”I ask, motioning to the seat beside her.

"Yea. Okay." was her answer.

In all honesty, even if she'd said she had minded, I would have sat down there anyway. Neither one of us talk as we wait for class to start. I sit there with my foot lightly tapping against the floor, peering around at the other students as they pop their gums about how summer's over. My gaze stopped at the girl sitting beside me for a moment before turning back towards the front. It didn't go unnoticed that she was watching me either.

Deciding to introduce myself, I spoke. "I'm Hawthorne, by the way."

"Adah." she replies, and I nod, but say nothing.

Adah. The name sounded familiar. Where did I Know that name from?

“You’re, um, in the band, right? The girl who plays all the instruments? What are you planning to start on this year?” she inquired.

Band! That's right. We were in band together last year. Finally someone I had something in common with. Now that I looked at her, I recognize her from class. Tall, with almond shaped like eyes. Hair the color of midnight, pulled away from her face with a deep red colored head band to keep her hair out of her face. She was also a tad bit on the skinny side. Scratch that. She was more on the skinny side.

I smiled. “Hm. I was thinking flute. That section lost a lot of girls last year.”

I didn't miss the surpriseon her face, though she tried to hide it. “I play the flute too, but I’m afraid that’s my only instrument.”

I laughed a little at that just as the bell rang again. There was nothing wrong with only playing one instrument. The teacher stands up and speaks.

“Welcome class, to the new year at Lincoln Wood.”

Just as the bell rings for lunch, I get my stuff together and fly out of class. Seeing as how I have no appetite, I move at a now leisurely pace through the vast schoolyard, finding a tree to perch my self under. Pulling out and unfolding my schedule, I listen as the still crisp piece of paper crinkles. I take a gander at my classes

Advanced Essay Writing- Mr. Jacobs
Chorus-Mrs.Hall
Creative Writing-Mr.Blomquist
AP Mandarin-Mrs.Xingyi
Lunch
Band-Mr.Samuels
Archery-Mr.Grant

If i'd had my guitar, I would have been playing something. Without thinking about it, my fingers began shifting and and sliding, as if I were playing the guitar. The song I would be playing is most likely the acoustic version of La Da Dee by Cody Simpson. Lord, I loved that song. Just pretending to play the song put my mind at ease.

I could hear my fingers individually strumming the strings in the beginning, the sound resonating within the body if the guitar. Without meaning to, I began to humming the song, letting myself fall into that sweet lull that always fell over my when I played. It made me wish I had my guitar with me. Music was such a beautiful thing. I'd always thought so. Music was the only real thing I could call my own. The only thing I had to myself. The only thing that gave me comfort.

I had no idea how long i'd been playing, when I finally noticed the presence of another person, snapping me out of my sweet lull. My head popped up to find a rather tall guy standing in front of me. He had the most vibrant blue eyes and thick lashes i'd ever seen. How long had he been there? watching me? I probably looked like a enormous dunce. I'm so glad the cool shadow from the tree I was under hid the crimson color gliding across my cheeks and neck. I was at a loss of words as I stared up at him.

Spoiler! :
@Nike, You'll have to take it from here. Just have her be all shy and stuff and be really cute while she's doing it xD
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:22 am
LordGreenleaf says...

Hunter Lexington

"So, when do we start playing?" I asked Adah. She had a spark in her eyes that I liked and long flowing dark hair. Looking around the room I could see the state of the art instruments and technology. My eyes honed in on the drumkit, which was a tall gleaming Pearl set that had three extra ride cymbals and a double bass peddle.

I guess I was going to like it here.

"Pretty soon, I guess. So are you new?" Adah asked, looking at me curiously.

"Yeah, I just moved here from Daleysford actually." I replied, looking around the room. I spotted a smartly dressed guy with excessively large ears sitting near us. He turned around, almost as if he knew I was looking at him.

"Hi. The names Hugo, you?" Hugo said. He had quite an attractive face after all.

"Hunter."

-

We had played through a few songs as a class but we where yet to really form something. I was itching to get another go on the drum kit, but it would have to wait. Walking down the hall I was staring so intently at the floor that I bumped into someone.

"I'm so, so sorry." I said, helping the girl onto her feet. She had wide blue eyes that where framed with thick lashes and a pair of hipster glasses. Her light blonde hair was tide into a ponytail and there was green paint on her ear.

"It's ok, I probably wasn't looking where I was going either." She smiled. It was a delightful thing and I felt my face redden.

"I'm Cole by the way. " She said, her smile once again knocking me off my feet.

"Hunter." I said hurredly. Something about this girl made my nervous and I wasn't sure if I liked it.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. - Jim Carey

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:37 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

This was what I did. I found a girl and fucked her. It was all natural and I took all the steps to get to this point. She was willing and I was getting what I wanted. Her body felt perfect under my hands as I roamed it, trying to pull off all of her clothes. Her lips were plastered to mine and wouldn't escape, which made getting naked a mission.

I pulled away, feeling this cold surround my face. Wow, that's weird. Her eyes met mine, she was lost without my lips, how cute. I let a smile grow on my face as I went back to kissing her. My hands found her back and I started to un-tie her bikini. This was when usually a girl would stop, look at me, then make me leave. I felt that was going to happen, cause as I pulled at the strings, her kissing slowed down and she was more wary of what was going on, but she let me. And we went on.

But as my hands went down to her bottoms, she stopped. She pulled away and her eyes were wide. I felt her hands touch mine, so I looked down and watched her pull them away from her panties.

"No, we are not doing that." she surprised me.

I rose an eyebrow and took a step back, giving her the space she wanted.

"I... I can't have sex with you... I just met you... and..." she was failing at talking, her eyes were not meeting mine.

Shit. She's a virgin.

"Look, Rupert." she paused, running her hands through her hair. "I'm a virgin."

"Wow," I responded.

"I don't act like one," she noted.

"No, you don't."

She smiled, but then looked back at me with a straight face. My heart wouldn't stop racing and she seemed to be extremely calm. I was suddenly aware of the fact that she was a virgin and she probably is gonna make this serious. Or maybe not. Maybe she'll play along.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." she apologized.

"There's nothing to be sorry about." I actually felt sorry after seeing that look in her eyes, it was one that said she had given up. "Don't worry, it's fine."

She let herself smile softly and I smiled back, unsure of what to do now. Ha, that was a lie, I knew what to do. I walked back up to her and wrapped my hands around her waist, startling her. Her eyes met mine.

The Next Day

As I walked to my next class, it was in the other building, I saw a girl sitting under one of the huge trees. They called it the Hemingway Building due to all the literature it was involved in, hence the classes. I paused just in front of her. She was pretty immersed in her own mind. It looked really nice to see a girl ignoring the rest of the world.

She looked so at peace, so into that world that this world wouldn't even bother her. I must've been standing there a while since she noticed something in this world was intruding her world and she met my eyes. I held my breath for a moment and then let my original smirk let on. She sort of shifted in her spot.

"Hey, I'm Rup. You?" I started.

"Hawthorne,"

"Wow, what a name!" I complimented.

A blush enveloped her cheeks as she stood up. Wow, she was almost my height, a little shorter, but almost there. And her figure, man... I couldn't not look at her body. It was hard to meet her face now, though, she had a great face too.

"You can call me Rose..." she spoke softly.

"Ah, I like Hawthorne, the full name. It's a good name, not a lot of people get those and it'd be such a waste not to use it." I licked my lips.

If someone told me that I didn't have good lines, they were wrong.

I somehow thought she would have rolled her eyes to that, surprisingly, she didn't. She took it like a champ and let me flirt with her.

I had class in like five minutes and I bet she did too, so I should cut this short.

"There's a party happening at my friend Jessie's house, you should come, I'd like to see you there. Bump into you, you know." I said with all the charisma I could, I even took the step toward her.

Her plump lips looked damn inviting but I suppressed my needs and looked at her eyes, as if I were really considering that it would matter.

Spoiler! :
GOD HE'S SUCH AN ASSHOLE (sorry for the swearing)

She didn't meet my eyes. "I'll think about it," her cheeks were still that tomato red, how cute.

I nodded, touched her hand, then went my merry way behind her, toward the walk that led to the open doors of the building. Some students were running, late for class, but I took my time admiring the old architecture of the building, all stone and ancient.
Last edited by Nike on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:49 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

The bell rang, indicating the end of the lesson, and the school day. Hugo was just walking out of archery class, although it had been slightly disappointing, mostly going through all the health and safety. He hadn't fired a bow until almost the end of the lesson, and then it was recurve, and Hugo was a longbow fan.
Band however, had been pretty damn good. Hugo had be put on the edge, next to the brass, as he was mainly doing their lines. They'd ran through a few tunes, but what Hugo really liked was the French music they'd done, a composition by Yann Tiersen no less. There Hugo could really use his melodian.
One of the things Hugo noticed during band was the recording studios across the room. Hopefully, with any luck, he'd be able to get the director to let him use them some time after school. He'd been wanting to have the opportunity to do some multitracking, but he'd never had the facility.
Hugo had taken the melodian from the band room. He figured no-body else would be playing it, so it didn't matter if he took it for a day. Besides, he wanted to do a bit of busking.
The whole school was rushing from the large double doors at the front building, a feeling of relief at the end of the day. Hugo knew most people didn't want to be here. For many this school was just a creche for teenagers, for parents far too busy to talk with their kids. But there were a few who actually wanted to be here. Who were here for the education. These were the kids Hugo thought would actually do well. For the most... well, they're screwed.
Hugo caught the bus to the town centre. There he set up on the pavement (sidewalk, he reminded himself,) and began to play.

Spoiler! :
This is the kinda tune I'm thinking of, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hqc94q7CBY if you were wondering.

Spoiler! :
This might be an opportunity for character interaction if there's anyone in town after school :-) *looks hopeful*
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 am
Gravity says...

Why was I always bumping into people? First Collin, then this sweet guy named Hunter. This time, I couldn't really stammer anything other than "Sorry" So I settled for a smile. But as I smiled his cheeks seemed to redden slightly and I hoped I hadn't embarrassed him. I couldn't stop thinking about the people who had actually stopped to talk to me that day, even as I got ready for school. Once again, I tried to dress up, but I added a little more as well.

As my alarm went off, I realized it was an hour earlier than usual. And then I remembered what I intended to do. Stepping onto the soft, white carpet of the room, I made my way to the bathroom with the large shower walled in by blurred clear class. The bathroom tiles were cold beneath my feet, causing me to hurriedly pull off the long t shirt I slept in as well as my bra and panties. After washing my hair, my body, and shaving my legs, I walked into my room to pick out an outfit. The last traces of summer were still in the air and I was somewhat confident I could get away with wearing a short (ish) denim mini skirt.

As well as the skirt, I pulled on a cute loose fitting top with an abstract bird and I put on pink high tops afterwards. After that, I needed a face. A better one. I dug through the drawers in my new bathroom trying to find my contacts. When I finally spotted them, I hesitantly slipped them in my eyes, blinking rapidly and wiping the moisture from my eyes.

Speaking of my eyes... I was reminded of my intention to wear eyeliner today. So I pulled a liquid liner from the makeup set my host parents provided me with, it was brown, the most natural color I could find. I did my bottom and top lids lightly before applying mascara and finishing with a little lip gloss. I smiled. Maybe I would "run into" Hunter or Collin today? I wasn't used to dressing up for guys but at this point, I saw all the couples openly embracing in the hallway. I sort of wanted that for myself. I wasn't used to that happening, in France, PDAs were frowned upon in school.

Walking to school, I spotted Hunter. So I ran up beside him before I approached the building and tapped him on the shoulder. He started, his face contorted in an expression of confusion.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I smiled.

"...Cole? You ran into me yesterday?" As soon as I said my name, his face lit up in recognition.

"Hey! Yeah, sorry, your glasses are sort of a defining feature. Can I ask you something?" I nodded.

"Sure."

"Is Cole your actual name or is it short for something." I laughed and even in just a simple giggle, I could hear the faint notes of my accent.

"Yes, it's short for Colette."

Hunter grinned knowingly before looking at me and saying:

"Well, Cole, I wish you hadn't left your glasses at home. They're actually quite nice on you."

I smiled, blushing.

"Thanks Hunter." Just then the bell rang and after saying goodbye, we parted ways. I was smiling as I walked to class, knowing I'd just made my first real American friend.

Spoiler! :
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

267 Reviews

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:10 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

I was reading my book, The Old Man And The Sea, when I realized that maybe I should be doing something better with my life. I am always reading. Like there is not a time when there isn't a book in my hand. But this was is for my English class. Still, i enjoyed it.

Looking up, I saw that I wasn't alone here. There were a few students here and there. I pulled out my cellphone from my pocket and saw a few unread text messages.

Why are you always skipping lunch to read? Paul
What time are you going to work tonight? Mom
Hey chika Unknown (random number)

I first replied to Paul Shut up. And do you know this number? I added the random number into the text. I told my mother I had no work.

Who is this? To the rando.

I went back to my book and sighed. Fuck. Again with the no life thing. I could totally be at the lunch table with my friends right now. It's not like I mind reading all the time. I like my choices, I like reading, I don't care. But I haven't been out much and the only place I am going to this weekend is Jessie's.

I shut my book and slid it into my backpack. getting up, I saw Rupert walking past a table and stopping. A girl was sitting there, her cheeks flushed when she realized he was there. Why was he talking to her? She listened to everything he said. She couldn't even meet his eyes, she was looking at her book as he spoke. She looked like a shy mouse with that long brown hair, she even had bangs. She was a cardboard cutout of a bookworm, unlike myself.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, but I ignored that. Rupert walked away. He was never typically in the library, so the tension was thick when he was here, everyone noticed his presence and that girl now had a name here.

Taking in a deep breath, I swung my backpack over my shoulder and walked over to her . She was staring at the book in front of her, not reading. I will bet that she was thinking about her encounter with Rupert.

He had this power and it was working fine.

"First time?" I asked.

I took her by surprise because she jumped in her seat and her wide eyes found mine, showing complete shock. I smiled, assuring her I wasn't dangerous. Her hands went over her book, nervous.

"What?" she asked, her voice very soft.

"May I sit?" I asked instead.

It took her a second, but then she nodded slowly. I pulled the chair back and sat down, setting my backpack onto the floor. I had no idea what I was doing, but I was sure that she was not the girl for Rupert.

"So, I'm Dafnie." I started.

Her book was still open, I'm sure she was hoping that either we would both end up reading together or that I would leave her so she would read. I did none of that.

She looked up and licked her lips, still nervous. She people, I am one of those but not as bad. I'm just bad at parties, social interactions, groups... I can walk up to people and talk but I'd be awkward.

"Hawthorne," she responded. "That's... that's my name."

"Wow, what a name." I complimented. "That's a beautiful name."

And she blushed. I was jealous of her great skin, she had absolutely no blemishes while I had a few zits. At least i didn't have acne problems, but i still complained. She was beautiful. Rupert would ruin her.

"So, you know Rupert?" I asked.

Her cheeks grew an even deeper shade of red as she shook her head, hiding her smile.

"That wasn't your first encounter with him, was it?" I questioned.

"Nope," she popped the 'p'.

I nodded slowly. She shut the book, now immersed with the conversation at hand. To get a girls attention, you talk about boys.

"I'll be your friend." I said.

She rose her eyebrows in surprise to my words.

"And I'll tell you that he is not the one."

A breath escaped her lips as she bowed her head down, looking away from me. I knew telling a girl that the guy she's interested in really sucks, but God, Rupert, REALLY? I sighed and folded my arms on the table.

"I recommend straying away from him. And maybe finding yourself a guy who will appreciate a good book." I said.

"I get it, he's hot, whatever... just don't." I was literally doing all the talking.

I shifted in my seat and waited for her to say something. But she didn't. I took in a breath and smiled. She rose her head up, probably from my deep breath and our eyes met. For just a second I could see the mix of colors in her irises and the long lashes. She was beautiful. I wish I looked like her. But i wasn't jealous, I was complimenting.

"Meet me by my locker after school and we will watch a movie." I said.

I pulled out my notebook and ripped off a sheet of paper. With a pen, I wrote down my locker umber and my phone number, handing it over to her. She took it, reading everything on the paper. Putting the pen and notebook back in my backpack, I stood up from the chair.

"Okay," she smiled.

I swung my backpack over my shoulder, waving at her. She just went back to her book and I went to class. Someone texted me. I puleld out my phone and checked.

It was from the random number.

Take a wild guess.

I replied within a heartbeat.

Danny.

A second later, someone spoke up in front of me.

"Bingo,"

I looked up, my heart racing, and caught sight of Danny in all his perfect glory.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:57 am
Ciblio says...

Collin

Tuesday. It was the second day of school, and Collin was even more excited than yesterday, because he'd stayed up all night making yet another special outfit. The sewing was done like a professional, and he was proud of himself.

With a silky, light purple scarf draped around his neck, and his black fedora settled on his head, he pulled off his plaid flannel T-shirt, white skinny jeans, and his new sneakers. And even though his mind was obsessed with his new sewing technique that allowed him to stitch up the hem of a shirt within an hour and a half, he also thought of the two girls he'd met his first day.

Cole...and Isabelle. Both amazingly beautiful, and from what he could tell, had great personalities. Cole's smile was stuck in his mind, though. Her complexion, the creases in her cheeks as she smiled, it was perfect. Then, Isabelle. She seemed a little on the bad side. Like, he'd heard stories...but he didn't really believe them. He tried to see the good in people. Isabelle's cute little smirk, the way she switched when she walked, how her hair swayed. The girl was magnificent.

Collin blinked, and caught a glimpse of Isabelle walking up ahead, talking to someone. He smiled a bit to himself, adjusted his messenger bag on his shoulder, and began walking over to her. He wanted to talk. To get to know her, because honestly, she was the first girl who showed that kind of interest in him.

Once he reached her side, she turned toward him, and grinned, "Hey there."

Collin beamed back, and rocked a bit on his heels, "Hey, Isabelle!"

She was alone now, and her outfit was a bit...on the revealing side, but that was okay. He'd seen worse. Like the other day, he saw some dude walking around with an Aeropostale and basket ball shorts. What kind of person would wear such an outfit? None of it looked right. He almost threw up when he saw it.

Isabelle looked over him, then fixated her gaze back up on his face, "You look cute today."

Collin couldn't help but blush a bit, "Thanks.."

Isabelle nodded with a small smirk playing across her lips, then cleared her throat, "So, you going to rich bitc-ah, I mean, Jessie's party friday?"

Collin frowned a bit, but nodded once, "Dafnie and Paul convinced me to."

"You're pretty close to those two. How long ya been friends?"

Collin shrugged a bit, and smoothed down his shirt, "We met last year, I believe."

Isabelle scrunched her nose, "Well, I'll see you later, gotta go use the ladies room."

Collin laughed a bit, and nodded, "See ya!"

He was left alone in the hall, wondering where the heck Dafnie and the idiot was. He was hungry. And needed somebody to talk to so he didn't have to talk to himself.

Just as he began walking again, a small figure bumped into him, and nearly knocked him to the ground.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention," The person apologized, their gentle hands placed on Collin's arms to help steady him.

He looked up, and was met with big, bright blue eyes, and a head full on blonde hair. He recognized her, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. "You're...oh, um, you're fine. I probably wasn't paying attention, either."

The girl gave a sweet smile, and pulled her bag over her shoulder, "I'm Jessie."

Oh! Right, right. This was the famous Jessie Gates. Shouldn't he have known, seeing as he's going to her house Friday?

Collin smiled back, "Collin."

"Oh, look, as an apology, how about I invite you to my party, if you haven't already been invited? It'll be great." She offered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

He stared down at her bag, eyes wide. That was a Galdino Bag made from white crocodile skin, with 39 diamonds very strategically placed on the clasps purely made from white gold.

Jessie giggled, "Wanna hold it?"

"Duh!" Collin exclaimed, earning another laugh. She handed him to heavily decorated bag, and he nearly cried. "It's beautiful! Where did you GET this?"

"Oh. Hilde Palladino." She replied calmly, as if it were nothing.

Collin's eyes bulged, "THE Hilde Palladino?!"

Jessie nodded, raising a brow, "Yeah. She gave it to me on my 17 birthday, when she flew down here for a Fashion show with my mom."

"Who's your mom?" He asked, though he was still drooling over the bag in his hands.

"Rebecca Minkoff. Er, well, Gates, now. She got remarried to my father recently." She said simply.

Collin's mouth gaped open, "I can't believe this. I'm standing in front of Rebecca Minkoff's daughter? This is absolutely amazing."

Jessie laughed, then suddenly pulled out her exclusive Iphone 6 plus mega, "Oh, man. I gotta go, Collin. I'll see you at my party?"

Collin nodded, and almost cried when she took her bag away. She waved, then went off in the other direction.

Hilde Palladino and Rebecca Minkoff were his role models. And he just met a girl that knew BOTH of them. Holy macaroni.

With a shake of his head, he fixed his bag, and started walking towards class as the bell rang.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 pm
KingLucifer says...

Daniel Belov

Second year, third day.

Paul was a kind man and I much thanked him for handing me her number, though personally I would have had a problem with someone handing out my number without being pulled from them like teeth. Which is why almost no one truly has my trust, not even Paul.

"How did you get my number?" she asked.

"Paul," I said.

"Of course" she said, "walk and talk I got to get to class."

"Right, I was just about to say you shouldn't let your bad experience with Rupert get in the way of other girls and who they want to date," I said as I opened the door for her.

She glared at me now, "you were listening?"

"Yeah, you talk a bit louder than you think you do, and not many people were in there, plus you were doing all the talking from your own personal experience," I said.

"Can we talk about something other than him?" she said.

"I'm just saying, it isn't cool that you told her not to go after him. Now if she doesn't she'll live in regret because of you telling her not to do it." I said.

We stopped right outside of Mrs. Peabody's room for World history, my class was on the complete opposite side of the school. But I clearly angered her with this conversation.

"Can you say you regret not going for someone you liked because someone else told you not to go after that person for some reason?" she said.

"Yes, once some years back. This girl I liked a guy told me that she was a whore and had an STD, it was later I found out she committed suicide because she was bullied by other guys because she wouldn't let them in her pants," I said.

She looked away then wouldn't meet my eyes, "whatever don't easedrop anymore okay?" she said.

"Alright," I said.

She walked into the classroom then the bell ringing for class I sighed, that could have gone better than I had originally intended I turned and haded down the hall I had come from only now I had no company.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:28 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Kade

Spoiler! :
*Slicks hair back* Yes, ladies. Kade has finally arrived ;) xD Enjoy!!

Walking through the halls, I take in everything around, smelling the antibacterial in the air and nothing the polished floor that looked in pristine condition. Hm. This is where I would be finishing school. I'd only just gotten here, but it wasn't my fault. I'd been with my dad, and we were thirty miles out of town with a broken down moving van. Both of our phones had died, so we had to walk until someone picked us up on the side of the road and gave us a ride into town. By the time we got in, third period had just ended and lunch was about to start. It looked like lunch was still going on, so I took the opportunity to familiarize myself with the school and learn where my classes were. Looking at my schedule, I looked at what I would be taking.

Homeroom - Mr. Cobb
Biology- Mrs.Andruss
Art&Design-Mr.G
Lunch
Gym- Mrs. Tomson
Band-Mr.Samuels
Archery - Mr. Grant

It looked like I had Gym next, though I had no idea where that was. Coincidentally, I happened to walk by the guidance office. As I stepped in, I spotted an older lady behind a mahogany desk, her fingers flitting over the keyboard. As her eyes landed on me, the shock on her face shifted swiftly to one of invitation and a warm smile that made the laugh lines around her mouth and eyes more apparent. Her cobalt blue eyes still seemed sharp, like she didn't miss much of anything, and there was a mischievous glimmer in her eyes that made me like her instantly.

"My my," she smiled again. "What a handsome young man you are. What can I help you with, sweetie?"

"Well, I was supposed to start today, but hit a little snag." I scratched my head felling like an idiot standing here in front of her like this. "My next class is Gym, but I have no idea where to go."

"Well now," she reached beside herself, grabbing a sheet of paper and a highlighter and walking over to a table by the door. She motioned for me to come forward. "Let's see if we can't remedy that."

I came to stand beside her. "This is where we are. What you can do is cut through the common area by the cafeteria, and head down that back hallway. It'll be right there."

"Alright then," I fold the map up and stick it in my back pocket. "Thank you ma'am."

She waves a dismissive hand, "Oh sweetie. Ma'am was my mother. You can call me Ingrid."

I smile as she winks at me. "Ok then, Ingrid. Thank you."

She opens the door for me. "No problem sweetie. Get to class now. Lunch is almost over."

And with that. she closes the door and takes her place back at her desk. I stand there, letting the fact sink in that I was just smacked on the ass by an old lady. Shaking my head, I make my way to Gym class as the bell rings.

As I head to the locker room, I bump into someone. I turn to see who it is. He's my height, but not as built, looking more lean. Short Dark hair. Blue Eyes. He was tanned, and for some reason, shirtless. But then again, this was a locker room.

"Whoa, dude. I didn't see you there." he holds his hand out. "The name's Rupert. You must be new here."

I take his hand in a tight grip, "Merrick. And you'e right. I just started today."

He nods as I turn and head to find my locker. Rupert follows. I would have said something, but as it turns out, he's one locker away from me. Pulling out my work out clothes, I toss my bag into my locker. As I take my shirt off, I see Rupert turn to me.

"That's some serious Ink you're sportin'." he comments. "I myself am an ink lover."

Rupert flexes his muscles, but I don't pay much attention. He continues. "Plan on getting inked up myself."

"The pain is worth it. I promise. And once you get one, you'll want more." Pulling on my sleeveless Under Armour shirt, I pull off my pants and pull on my basketball shorts.

"You're ripped as hell, and the ladies will love it... If that's what you're looking forward to, I could help you with that." he smirks.

I raise an eyebrow at him, but the smirk on his face stays put. After stretching my arms and cracking my knuckles, I bend down to tie my shoes, then close my locker. Rupert pulls his shirt on, and we head out to the Gym. Looking like we're a few of the first, we lean against the bleachers and wait for class to start.

"So where ya from?" he looks at me.

"Everywhere," I shrug . "Military Brat."

"Where have you been?" he asks.

"Too many places to name." I shake my head. "So many different places. So many different schools. So many different people."

"I bet you picked up a thing or two, being immersed in so many diverse cultures." Rupert says.

At that, I make a sound, but say nothing. That was an understatement. Being in so many cultures with such severely different belief systems was quite eye opening. I guess he realized I wouldn't say anything else on the subject, because he dropped it. Then he nudged my arm to get my attention, motioning towards the other side of the Gym.

"The ladies are taking notice," he smirks readily.

I turn in the same direction and see girls looking me over head to toe like a name brand product. A few throw a flirty wink or wave at me, and then others lick their lips at me in blatant invitation.

"Damn man," Rupert laughs. "those females over there are undressing you with their eyes."

I winked at them,and they toss it back, along with a few other things I won't say. A Blonde in particular, wearing shorts that covered nothing, bent down and touched her toes like she was stretching, throwing a come hither look at me. Too bad for her that Blondes weren't my type. Nothing about her attracted me.

Rupert pushes away from the bleachers, stretching his arms. "Well, it would be rude not to introduce you to your fans."

He turns to head over, and walks straight into someone. That someone being the coach, judging from the whistle around his neck and clipboard in his hand. And then there's the unhappy look on his face.

"Watch where you walking, Franz," he growls

He was a gargantuan of a man, standing taller than me, with thick bands of muscles covered his arms, and his tree trunk thighs. He had calves that would make any woman jealous, and pecks that looked like they could bounce a fifty caliber bullet off of them. He had his midnight black hair in a buzz cut, with a square jaw and harsh face that looked cut from stone.

Rupert takes a step back, putting his hands up with a cocky smile. "My bad coach. I don't know how I couldn't have seen you. You're like a Jolly green Giant, only without the Jolly."

If looks could kill...I shook my head as coach walked off. A whistle blew so loud, everyone had to cover their ears.

"Quit your chitchat and get your butts over here!" Coach barked. "Double time it!"

He eyeballed us as everyone took their time, his gaze landing on me. As we made our way closer, a few girls "accidentally" bumped into me, including the Blonde from earlier.

"Oops," she winked before sashaying up front of me.

Rupert nudged me with his elbow and waggled his eyebrows, then I did roll my eyes.

"Listen up deviants," Coach crossed his arms over his massive chest after glancing haphazardly at his clipboard. "We've got a new student joining us today."

He motioned me forward, and it's not like I could have done anything else but stand by him as everyone stared at me.

"Introduce yourself, Mr. Vail," he looked at his clipboard. "And then we can get on with class."

"I'm Merrick," I held up a hand.

That was it. I took my place right next to Rupert, and coach gave a short burst with his whistle, and then said, "You picked a great day to start, Vail. Eight laps around the track."

Everyone in class started groaning and complaining. Coach blowing his whistle said he wouldn't have it. "You've got ten seconds to get your butts on that track, or it's twelve laps! You better get to it!"

I was more than fine with either one. I was also the first one half way across the gym by the time anyone else got into gear.

By the time we were all done with our laps, everyone was dragging themselves back into the Air conditioned Gym. I was the first one finished, so I had time to catch my breath while I waited. As Rupert shuffled into the Gym looking out of breath and disheveled, I nodded to him.

"Are you a damn terminator or something?" he huffed a breath. "You don't even look like you broke a sweat."

I just shrugged, and he shook his head.

"Alright class," Coach Tomson's voice boomed. "You guys did a piss poor job, and I enjoyed watching you all suffer."

If my dad had been here, he would have laughed his ass off. I wonder what he was doing right now.

"Get yourselves cleaned up and dressed. You all stink. I've gotta get ready for my next victims, and your stink would be an early warning. Now get." The smile on his face and the way he rubbed his hands together told me that he enjoyed what he did.

Everyone sluggishly slithered to the locker rooms. I took a quick shower and got dressed, tossing my bag over one shoulder as Rupert finished dressing.

"You were like a machine out there. The ladies must have loved that." he laughed. "You seem cool, Merrick. You should come to Jessie's party this Friday."

"Parties aren't really my thing, but maybe i'll check it out." I run a hand through my hair.

"Dude, it'll be sick. Here's my number and I'll let you know." he said, handing me a post-it.

I gave a nonchalant nod of my head, but didn't say anything. Rupert patted me on the back as he tossed his bag over his shoulder. "Stick with me, and you'll have your pick of guys, girls, midgets, and whatever else you fancy."

I just shook my head.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein