z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:44 am
Dynamo says...

Kai watched the battle for a few more minutes. While he watched, he pondered. They had only been fighting for a little while and already he effects of their training was visible. But if both of them gained this much strength just fighting each other, then how much stronger would either of them get when they win? On the other side of the coin, how much power would the loser lose when the fight is over? Would they go back to normal? Would they still be a little stronger? Would they be weaker than when the fight started?

That's when he got an idea. "Hey Skylar?"

"Yeah?"

"What if neither of them win?"

She gave him an odd look. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know how much power the loser will lose when the fight is over, but they've already produced enough energy to boost both of their fighting skills. And while I'm on the subject, I think a Tsurekin gains certain attributes from it's opponents. I've already notice Ryukin starting to move faster, and Tala's attacks doing more damage. If they were to end the fight in a tie, then the energy still filling the air should distribute evenly among both of them, right?"
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Should. But will they willingly stop. They look like their having fun." Skylar replied as they watched.

"We'll just have to make them. When they stop next we can explain it." Kai replied.

"Then I get to fight next." Rieky said jumping into the tree Skylar was leaning on.

"If you want, I don't see why not." Skylar shrugged. "We can swap out til they get tired, though I think we'll get tired first."

"We probably will first, they keep getting energy." Kai replied as he sat down. Tala and Ryukin stopped for a second and he was back on his feet. "Alright, stop and come here."

Ryukin looked over at him then Tala.

"Come on guys." Skylar laughed. They finally gave in and walked over. "Y'all are gonna take a break. Rieky wants to fight anyway."

"But we're not done." Tala replied.

"We're not going to fight to the win, that way you keep all the skills you get." Kai replied.

(((I'm off to bed. :D )))
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm
Dynamo says...

They rotated every half-hour so all three of hem could have a chance to fight. The more they fought, the more Kai thought about how they work. It seemed as though each Tsurekin did not have a set amount of energy. If they did, then none of them would be getting anywhere and the only way for Ryukin and the others to get stronger would be to fight another Tsurekin and suck him dry of energy. But it seemed as though they generated energy when they fought, and it generates fast enough that their bodies can't seem to contain it all at once and it goes into the air. Even as he watched Kai felt as though the air around him was energized.

It also seemed Kai was right when he said Tsurekin gain their opponents attributes. Ryukin was getting faster and more agile, while Tala and Reiky gained strength and endurance. Kai didn't know how long it would take before they were strong enough to defend theirselves if that Alex guy shows up again, but he knew that if they kept up with this training they would get there eventually.

After a few hours Ryukin and the others finally started getting tired.

"All right, I think it's time we called it a day," Skylar said.

Tala and Reiky had been sparring against each other at the time. They stopped and went to their masters' sides.

"It's Saturday, isn't it?" Sean asked. "Instead of going straight home, want to go to the mall and see a movie?"

"Sounds fun," Skylar said. "What do you think, Kai?"

Before Kai could answer, Tala's nose perked up. "Wait," she said. "I smell something."

"What is it, Tala?" Skylar asked, worried.

Tala sniffed the air for a few more moments. "It smells like..." Her eyes went wide. "...Alex."

Skylar gasped. "Tala, are you sure!?"

"I'm afraid she's right," a voice from behind said. Everyone turned to see Alex leaning against a tree. His Tsurekin, Mantia, was standing in front of him. The Tsurekin didn't attack them, but it stood still, as if waiting for them to make the first move.

(Just so you know, Alex isn't here to hurt anyone. He's going to apologize for what Mantia did to Ryukin and Tala, then he's going to give them a proposition. Can you have him apologize in your post? Then in my next one I'll have him tell them his proposition.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(Sounds good to me. :D )

Skylar frowned as Tala moved in front of her and got in a crouch her eye narrowing and looking at the other Tsurekin.
“It looks like you all are getting the hang of it.” Alex said as he stood carefree leaning against the tree.
“What do you want?” Sky demanded clenching her fists.
“To apologize.” Alex replied standing up. His face was serious now. Sky didn’t know what to say.
“Why?” Sean asked this time. Rieky was on his shoulder watching Mantia closely.
“I didn’t mean for Mantia to cause so much damage to your Tsurekins, I am glad they have healed up well. If I didn’t know any better I’d say they were never hurt.” Alex replied.
“And why should we accept your apology?” Skylar demanded. “You nearly killed Ryukin!”
“Like I said, I didn’t mean to. Mantia saw them as a threat to me that needed to be annihilated.” He replied.
“Alright.” Kai said. Skylar looked over at him surprised. “I believe him.” Skylar frowned and looked back at Alex. If Kai believed him then maybe he was ok.
“Fine, but don’t expect me to like you.” She replied crossing her arms.
“Understandable.” Alex smiled a little. She clenched her teeth. She didn’t like him. Course she wasn’t always the best judge of people, but she didn’t care. He hurt Tala, hurt Ryukin, she didn’t like him. “Maybe one day you will.”
“Ya, like that will happen.” She growled. “You apologized, now you can leave.”
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm
Dynamo says...

"Actually, that's not the only reason why I'm here today," Alex said. "There's something else that needs to be discussed."

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?" Skylar asked.

Alex took a few steps forward until he was standing in front of Mantia. Ryukin and Tala started making low growling noises in their chests, a clear warning sign that they did not want him getting any closer.

"They're very protective," Alex said. "You should feel honored to have such loyal Tsurekin."

"Don't change the subject," Skylar said. "What do you want?"

"I told my boss about how you defeated Brittney. Ever since then, he's taken quite the interest in you three. Brittney was one of our newer members, but still, it's not everyday one of us is defeated in battle by someone outside of our organization." He moved his hair out of his eyes before saying, "The reason why I am here today is to recruit you three into our ranks."

That caught everyone off guard. After a few moments of silence, Kai said, "You want us to join you?"

"A storm is coming, and only the strong will be able to survive through it. I highly suggest you accept, for the sake of your own future."

"What is this storm you guys keep talking about?" Kai asked. "Brittney said the same thing, too."

"I will tell you everything, but only if you agree to join us." He looked at Skylar next. "I know what you may be thinking. Choose your answer carefully, my boss does not take well to rejection."

"So, you're going to take us out if we refuse?" Skylar asked.

"I am merely a messenger," Alex said. "But if you refuse, others will come for you."

(By the way, the plural for Tsurekin is still Tsurekin.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Ok, are they going to join?)))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm
Dynamo says...

(Nope. :D )
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:54 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar chewed on the inside of her lip. "Can we talk to each other about it first?" Sean asked.

"Of course, but if some of you want to and others don't, that is fine." Alex replied.

"We're staying together as a group." Skylar replied glaring at him. "We're a package deal." She backed up a few feet away as Tala stayed there. Sean and Kai moved to where she was while their Tsurekin stayed guard.

"We know what you think, Sky. Kai what about you?" Sean said.

"I don't know." He replied frowning a little.

"No." Skylar replied. "Why should we after what they did to Ryukin and Tala? I say bring it. I'm not going."

"He apologized." Kai said. "But I'm not so sure I'd like having someone in charge of me and Ryukin."

"We can take care of ourselves." Skylar replied.

"Sean?" Kai asked looking over at Sean.

"I don't see any harm in us not. Let them send people, if we get stronger then when we fight their Tsurekin we'll get even stronger. I say we make our own group. But I see no reason to join them. We'd be puppets for them and I don't like the idea of that." Sean replied shaking his head. "We'll just have to stick together and watch our backs."

"Good it's settled." Skylar replied as she glanced at Alex. "I still don't like him."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:15 pm
Dynamo says...

They all nodded in agreement before going back. "So, have you all come to a decision?" Alex asked.

"We have," Kai said. "And our answer is no."

Alex raised an eyebrow, as if Kai had just done something interesting. "Is that so?"

"We won't have anyone controlling us. We don't need your answers, either. We'll find our answers about Tsurekin and this storm on our own. You can tell your boss to send his men after us, we'll beat every last one of them."

Alex sighed. "That's a shame, but I suppose you've made your choice. Be warned, though. You have made yourselves a powerful enemy. There are many in our organization that are much stronger than I. You will be meeting one of them very soon."

Alex turned to leave, but Kai said, "Wait."

Alex looked over his shoulder. "Yes?"

"What is this organization you're a part of? I think it's only fair to know the name of our enemy."

Alex made a small smile. "Yes, I suppose it is. We are called the Tsurikansen." That was the last thing he said before he and his Tsurekin left.

"I think we'd better get out of here," Sean said.

"I think you're right," Kai said. "Let's go."

They began to make their way out of the forest back to their vehicles. On the way, Ryukin heard a bush rustle. He stopped to see what made the sound.

"Ryukin, what's the matter?" Kai asked.

"I thought I heard..." He tried to listen for anymore signs of movement, but nothing happened. He shook his head. "Never mind, it's nothing. Let's get going."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 pm
TNCowgirl says...

When they got back to Skylar's place Skylar paced for a few minutes before walking towards the garage.

"Where are you going, we need to talk." Sean said as he and Kai followed.

"When she wants to think she works on her bike." Tala said following.

"We're not ready." Skylar said as she started taking apart an old engine that was on a table. "If their stronger then Mantia then we're toast unless we can make it so that our Tsurekin can last long enough to get some of the other's energy."

"Then we'll work on it." Kai replied.

"But what if they show up like Alex did. We're in trouble then." She replied. "Wouldn't it be bad if we used all three against one of them? Coure then they'd be obsorbing all the energy from all the ones fighting even if it's three on one. But that's just unfair."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Dynamo says...

"Stop worrying," Kai said. "As long as we keep training we'll be fine."

"But we haven't even been training long enough," Skylar said. "What if Alex's boss sends someone even stronger than him to take us down?"

"We'll just have to train harder before he shows up."

"But what if he shows up tomorrow, or tonight even?"

"Skylar, worrying won't solve anything. Right now, the most we can do is to try our best. Besides, the only reason Alex was able to defeat us so easily in the first place was because he caught us off guard. Now we know what our enemies are capable of, so now we can think of a way to fight against them."

"But how do you fight against something that moves that fast?" Sky asked.

Kai sighed. "We'll think of something." He looked at the clock and noticed it was getting late. "I should get going."

"Me, too," Sean said. "My parents are probably wondering where I am."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"We'll come here tomorrow and figure out where we're gonna practice." Sean said as he started for the door.

"Alright." Skylar walked to the door with them.

"I'll give you a ride home, Kai." Sean said as he got in his car. Kai nodded then turned and looked at Skylar.

"Stop worrying." He said before turning and leaving.

"Easy for you to say, your Tsurekin can breath fire." She muttered as she shut the door and walked to the living room laying down. Tala came over and laid down.

"Fire isn't the best." She said putting her head next to Skylar's.

"I know, and I love you just how you are. I just don't want you to get hurt." She sighed.

"I'm not going to and neither are you. We'll figure it all out and we'll get better as we do." Tala replied.

"Everyone seems so convinced. I just don't want you hurt." She sighed. She jumped when the door bell rang. She walked over to the door and opened it up. No one was there though. She was about to close the door when she saw a note on the door.

Wrong Answer. Was all it said.

"No it wasn't!" She growled before going back inside.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:25 pm
Dynamo says...

"Thanks for the ride, Sean," Kai said when they pulled up to the apartment building.

"No problem, take it easy."

Kai got out and watched Sean drive away before walking toward the entrance. He stopped at the front door when he saw a piece of paper taped to it that said, "Wrong answer."

Was it left for me? Kai thought. He looked over his shoulder to see if anyone was watching him, but saw no one. In fact, the street was awfully quiet tonight. Even so, it felt like he was being watched. He quickly slipped inside and made his way to the elevator. He just wanted to go back to his room.

He froze when he felt the ground shake as he waited for the elevator. It was like a light vibration under his feet that kept getting stronger. His heart skipped a beat when he heard what sounded like giant hooves. A few moments later, the front doors of the building came crashing down as a giant metal minotaur stampeded in.

(What's happening now is a scene just for Kai. Skylar will find out about it when she turns on the T.V. and sees it on the news after it's all done.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((So what do I write?)))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 am
Dynamo says...

(Skylar can tell her grandmother what happened today.)
Take that, science!

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea