Sumi H. Inkblot says...

JUST START ALREADY LOL! XD
ohmeohmy

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

Hey, Goldie!

If you do choose to be a healer, I've printed an antire manual of healing herbs for a character I created a while back, and I still have it on Word. If you want Pinkle to be a healer, I could send it to you. Just a quick thought.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:26 pm
Jules the jester says...

Bruin knelt in the middle of the clearing. Before him two swords were stuck point first into the ground. His scarred face was looking up into the sky but his eyes were closed, either side of him his hands spread out with palms facing the heavens.

The sound of horsehooves could be heard, getting slowly closer. Bruin began speaking in a harsh guttural language.

Gods give me the power
Gods give me the strength
To defeat those sent against me

The horse hooves stopped just before the clearing and three men dismounted from there horses. Bruin still hadnt moved.

"Looks like we can have a bit of fun with this one!" One of the men intruders said. They had all drawn swords and were walking every closer to Bruin.

Then Bruin moved. His hands lanced forward and grasped the swords. His movements were but a blur to the eye. The one who had spoken jumped forward his sword raised hight to crush Bruins skull. He didnt notice the sword point that severed his jugular before it was too late. A second moved at Bruin, more cautious than the first. Bruin didnt wait but leapt to him and stabbed the man once in the heart with his left blade, and in through teh eye with his right blade.

The third attacker was shocked. Bruin made no move. "Leave and i shall spare you." The man didnt need anotehr warning. he fled back to his horse and teh soudn fo galloping sounded about Bruin who was once again talking in teh strange language.

Take these souls
As my offering to you
Give them a place at the hall of warriors

Bruin cleaned his swords and set off, he knew that there was an elven village within ten miles. he just needed to get there.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:28 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

(((((( In this new version, I'd like Elain to have a special weapon. A large shuriken, sort of a four-pronged sharp-windmill looking thing that can be thrown at an angle like a boomerang. This one can fold into a single blade. I'll try to put up a link to a pic if anyone wants to see it)))))))))

Two silver eyes watched him out of the shadows.

What an interesting human. The Dashuben's stink does not linger with him, and he chants incantations to his gods in battle. Best alert the counselors.

She pulled a small wooden bird out of one of her pockets and whispered a few words to the still wood. Folding her hand around it, she gave it a squeeze and opened her palm. The bird had become flesh and blood, and flew off in the direction of the elven village.

Elain remained in the shadows as a sound of hesitant feet reached her ears. Eyes snapping to look in the general direction, she saw the third pursuer emerging shakily out of the trees. He knelt between his fallen comrades and stared at them, shock plain on his unshaven face.

One fingerless-gloved hand came up and gripped the center of the giant shuriken, silver eyes narrowed, aiming at the lamenting warrior.

The only thing that stopped her from launching the deadly weapon was the fighter removing one of his comrade's hats, and a long mane of red hair came tumbling down.

"Oh, Saeran, love, what have they done to you?" asked the man of air, tears streaming through the grime on his face as he wiped away the dirt layered on the person's face, revealing a woman's face, eyes open in the sudden shock of death.

Elain closed her eyes and sighed softly.

"Peace be within the shattered soul..." she murmured in a ancient language, before leaving the sad scene to continue on patrol duty, leaving no traces of her passage.
ohmeohmy

75 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:58 pm
Jules the jester says...

Bruin knew the elf had been watching him, he also knew that she meant him no harm. No point in disturbing her. He sat on the edge of the wide, deep pond. Bruin began taking deep slow breaths.

He hated taking life, it was sacred. He shouldnt be here. He should be back at the monastry, he shouldnt have taken the offer of travelling. To tell the truth Bruin had become bored with the simple life. Then had come his brothers message. Moving his hand to a pouch at his side Bruin removed a small scroll.

My dear Brother.
It seems an age since we last saw eachother. I hope life at the Monastry is suiting you well. Me and my crew plan to sail to the new land in hope of some trading. We have yet to recruit a holy man to sail with us and i wish you to come.
Meet me at Dentarian Bay in two weeks. if you wish to come.

Tinar

Bruin cried out in anger. Now his brother was dead. Bruin removed his helmet. holding it in his hands he looked at it. it had been a gift from hsio brother when he had come of age. His swords had been aswell. Bruin did the one thing he had not done since he was a child. He wept for the things he had lost.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:18 pm
Nutty says...

Flin had been in the village when the slaughter came.
Hundereds of the enemy pored into the village, slaughtering the lookouts
and scouts before they could raise the alarm.

"Oh... no."

Flin watched as families were killed, as the army was to busy defending the bridge.

A red haze filtered his sight, and his kukri seemed to leap to his hand.
Leaping at a nearby meelee between a group of elvish woman and the taller, heavier humans, He backstabbed two of them and cut the throat of another before being caught from behind.

"Look what I've got... one of those pet slaves the nobs have back home."
Flin was raised eye-to-eye with a rough, thuggish and rather stupid man with thinning hair.

The smell of rotting meat swamped the stuggling halfling, making him gag.

"I'm sure he could make a fair price at- Ow!"

Flin had bit the man's hand as he raised it to study the halfling's face.

"Just kill him." yelled his men, now finished with the elven woman, and seeing the slaughter was elsewhere in the village, were getting impatient to join it.

"Aye. I think I shall..."
The man reached for his belt-knife, but stopped dead. Blood trickled from his mouth, an elvish arrow in his back.

His men fled from the unseen enemy, and flin fell to the ground and rolled.

Flin searched the nearby bush for his savior, but after he couldn't find anything to say who or where they were, He ran down the path and into the fray yet again.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:30 am
Dark Lordess says...

Seyla stumbled through the trees, her right hand cradled against her. A bloody rag served as a bandage. She slumped against a tree. Pain. It dulled her senses and clouded her mind.

The elven village was destroyed. The Dashuben had massacred it, mercilessly slaughtering the inhabitants. Seyla stayed in the background mostly, only killing those who dared attack her. Unfortunately, Faj had noticed this. He was no fool; fools never became captains.

Seyla unwrapped the bandage revealing her hand, or where her hand should have been. Instead there was only a stump. “Let’s see you throw that knife now.” Faj had sneered after he cut it off. Seyla had lost her hand, Faj had lost his life. Her left hand was as good as her right…

I hope death hurt, Faj, cursed Seyla. She replaced the bandage and struggled to her feet. Her world went suddenly black; she’d passed out.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:14 am
Goldenheart says...

(Is there a way to rate this? It's getting just a little graphic. PG at least? Just a suggestion.)

Pinkle blinked and blinked. Why was he lying in the flowerbed? Why did his arm hurt so badly? Why was his hat missing? And why was a foul-smelling human with a sword lying ten feet away, impaled upon his gardening spade?
Oh yes.
Pinkle remembered, and the rush of images made his stomach churn, and his heart ache. It was more than he could bear.
He made a sick gurgling sound, and battered his way from the spiky hedges in the flowerbed. His nerves were too shattered to stand or think properly.
He stumbled, trembling, out of the flowerbed and sat down, PLOP on the ground.
He began to bawl.
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

280 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:25 am
Nutty says...

Flin shook pinkle.
Pinkle looked up and gasped.
Flin relised that he must look a horrible sight.

His tunic was covered in blood, and he could feel it drying in his hair.

"Pinkle, this isnt mine." He grinned slyly. "Those humans sure have a lot of it in them, though."

Pinkle moaned softly, tears running down his face.

"I...I...I didnt mean to.... he... he... surprised me."

Flin looked at where pinkle was staring and swore.

"Well arnt you a vicous little man when roused ay? Let's go."

Pinkle started gathering his tools and tucking them into his bag.

"Hey! Do you still have that mallet I gave you? You do? Good. You may need it." Flin called, and without waiting for a reply, he grabbed pinkle by the hand and ran down the path.

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:07 pm
Rasi says...

Galina had gone to her uncles castle to see what she was to do. But upon her arrival heard of the desruction of her home. She sent mareen back, to seek any survivors and to find Seyla, She gave mareen a message " Seyla find your way here, you are welcome no matter what you have done. But you must swear allgiance to the crown, that I may trust you again. "

Mareen headed off, and Galina went back into the elven forest to mourn for those she knew had been lost.
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

280 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:46 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Elain clapped a hand over her nose as the stench of blood-elven and human- reached her.

Hmmph. I'm too late

She pulled a hand of some special needles out of her sleeve, and kept going. When she reached a tall tree overlooking the village, she observed it carefully.

They had...somewhere between three-hundred and five-hundred men...each armed with crude spears and a hunk of wood as shields. she mentally calculated. This was our weakest flank, after all...we assumed that the Raftel River would manage to keep out all the Dashuben. This means that they built a bridge under the patrol's watch, they have strong mages on their side we don't know about, or found the elven way to cross it. she frowned, silver eyes narrowed dangerously. Best to check for survivors then report to the king.

She leapt down easily from the tree and into the outskirt of the broken village. Some of the structures had been burned, others merely covered in blood; the dead, elven and human alike, scattered through the village. Elain stooped to feel a small child's pulse. Dead.

The rest of the place was the same, but Elain did encounter Flin and Pinkle.

"What are you two still doing here?" she asked, appearing out of nowhere. Pinkle almost fell over and Flin jumped guiltily.
ohmeohmy

75 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:39 pm
Jules the jester says...

The Elven woman Bruin travelleed with was strange, she spoke little. Bruin had not qeustioned her as to what had happened, he didnt need to. Bruin had moved amongst the dead and dying of the village. Anyone who had survived that would definately be traumatized in some way.

Bruin placed his hand on the arm of the women. She drew back from him. Bruin flashed her what he hoped was a calming smile.
"I have seen some berry bushes and an apple tree if you wish to stop for some food?" The woman smiled. Bruin nodded and dissapeared amongst the trees returning a few minutes later. He had improvised his shirt so that he could carry the fruit back. within he carried six apples and a few handfuls of blackberrys and a few large juicy looking strawberrys.

They ate in silence. Bruin found the apple's just a bit too hard but his stomach was rumbling and he forced it down.

"What did you give the dying?" Bruin was taken off guard.

"Pardon." The woman had spoken very suddenly.

"Before you saw me i watched you fro a few minutes and you had moved amongst the dying. you were putting something into their mouths." Bruin smiled, he didnt do this often as it broguht undue attention to his scar.

"I was given them a powerful medicine, it dulls the pain and will quickly end the suffering of the slowly dying." The woman's face went red.

"But you gave some to the Dashuben soldiers." She spoke quickly and her voice was full of anger. "they should suffer a dozen deaths for what they have done."

Bruin felt anger well up withing him.

"You should not say that. All life is Sacred. Some of those men may be evil yes, yet other loving fathers. Do not judge a man on just one of his deeds. i have seen good men do evil acts that have shocked hundreds but i have also seen evil men do something soo good that they will be remembered for that good deed." Bruin stood.

"Now if you dont mind, i wish to sleep. Excuse me."

280 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:56 pm
Nutty says...

"Elain? Oh we were trying to figure out what wa going on."
Flin ran his fingers through his hair, and winced when his hand came down sticky.
Elain looked unconvinced.
"No... items 'aquired' then?"
Flin glanced around nervously and brought out a extravicant knife.
"Got it from one of the officers... spoils of war, y'know?"
Glain looked at the knife and grunted.
"You're worse then a magpie. This is all glitter, no goods. Badly made."
Flin smirked.
"Ah, well, not everyone has your eye for blades now, do they?"
Flin gave the elf one last grin, picked pinkle of the ground and dissapeared into the shrubbery.

280 Reviews

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:48 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Elain stopped herself from hurling a throwing knife at Flin's head and pitting the hat on his head against a nearby tree. He really was a fool, and something about him really grated on her nerves.

Elain whistled loudly, and the bird she had sent earlier came fluttering from the north, landing on her finger. It had arrived too late. Elain whispered some more news to it, and sent it to the elven capital.

By the code of the warriors, she was forbidden to do anything until orders were given. No burning the bodies or burying them, or even cleaning up some of the blood.

A sudden prickle at the back of her neck alerted her to the fact that several humans were riding towards the village.

Falling into her shadow, a technique she had recently perfected, she hid in the shadow of a well and looked alertly around.
ohmeohmy

75 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:24 pm
Jules the jester says...

Bruin ran. He had heard the scream too late. the elven woman was dead, murdered by a cavalry group. Bruin had thought about attacking them but knew it would a futile effort and would only lead to his death.

So he had ran. He had began back teh way he had come. the enemy would not be suspecting this so it was in itself a sound decision. If he could find his way to some elven men or woman who were fighting who could join them. And perhaps there was a magic doer in there ranks who would be able to contact his father back home.

Bruin took comfort in that. after his father found out what happened he woudl gather teh clans and sail across teh sea and alaughter the Dashuben in their rich cities. This was the thing that kept Bruin going. Revenge.

He could see the village through the trees. He could see a halfling
with another person. At teh opposite side of teh village a group of Dashuben archers entered, they spotted the corpses and set about looting what had been left on them.

The halling and his companion leapt into a building narrowly avoiding being spot. Drawing his sword Bruin Prepared for teh worse

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee