Young Writers Society

Blazed (Closed/started)

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:41 pm
Daisuki says...

QuickSilver | Desert Town

The man with the wings falls.

She hurridly tranforms back to human (she has been a silver mouse) and rushes to him. His breathing is ragged and one of his wings stained red. There is no cover here - they cannot aford to be so vulnerable in the open, but there's no helping it. Water, she thinks. His wound needs to be cleaned, but where is she supposed to find something like that in a desert? A canteen is strapped around his waist, and she grabs it.

A while later she has his wound cleaned, but no bandages. All he can do is sleep.

While he's out, QuickSilver keeps her ears alert for sounds. There is still chaos coming from the town, particularly the building, from which constant noises of explosions are emanating. She twitches at every scream.

There is a sound of rustling feathers. "...who are you!?" The voice is confused, and there's is definately anger there.

QuickSilver turns to the man as he tries to rise. She watches as he struggles, but the weight of his wings are on top of him, and he has lost so much blood that he is too weak. "Don't move," she says. You'll just hurt more."

"Who are you?" he asks again, the side of his face pressed to the ground in defeat.

"I am QuickSilver. Rebellion. What happened to you?"

(Sorry it's terrible!)
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:57 pm
View Likes
Shinrai says...

Quicksilver. Rebellion.

"What are you doing here?" I shouted. The earth quaked and an explosion in the near distance shot smoke into the sky.

"Just saving your life from the looks of it" Quicksilver said defensively "If it wasn't for me you would be dead."

I guess I owed her, She did save my life but there were to many things unanswered to just believe her.

"Where are the rest of the Rebels? Why are you here? What is going on? and what is exploding over there? Why did you save me? I've heard what you people do! the stories of what you people do to others is beyond evil."

There are so many things to be answered. A loud crack came from the left!

In a flash flames were all around us and a someone laughed.

"Now isn't this a good day, two who got away. This will be fun."

Spoiler! :
Sorry if its bad :( I wanted to get the story going again!
Shinrai (Japanese) means reliance, faith, trust, and confidence which are things that I hold value in and I strive to be reliable, faithful to God and the people I'm around, trustworthy, and confident so if you were wondering what my name means I hope this explains everything

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:24 pm
Dynamo says...

Dynamo

Ray had started to grow bored of the hapless citizens of the town, so he was happy when he noticed the small fire on the outskirts and saw that there were two people he missed. One look at the boy's wings told Ray he was a power user. The girl, he wasn't too sure about. It didn't really matter in any case since they were both going to die anyway.

Colin knew right away that the man approaching them was none other than Ray Hudson, codenamed "Dynamo." The sparks jumping off his body tipped him off, as Ray was the only government agent who had the power to control electricity. Knowing that, he also knew of the man's violent tendancies. He concidered telling him that he was a fellow agent, but had a feeling the man wouldn't care. Dynamo wasn't known for showing remorse over friendly-fire.

Colin reached over an put a hand on QuickSilver's shoulder. "We need to get out of here," he whispered as he began to pull her back.

Dynamo lifted one foot. Energy began to surge and swirl around his shoe for a bit before condensing to a single point on the bottom. He slammed his foot on the ground and a stream of electricity jumped out and expanded across the dirt in a spiderweb-like pattern. The energy tore up the ground and had both Colin and Quicksilver struggling to keep their footing. When the shaking ceased they found the outer edges of the effected area were walled off by large jutting rocks that had been pulled up from the ground. Running was now out of the question.

"Leaving so soon?" Dynamo asked with a smile that didn't like entirely sane. "But we're just getting started!"
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Wesley Snipes

Every person born into this world has a certain amount of time. Whether seventy-five years - or a mere fifteen - our time in this world is precious, and I, I had the ability to manipulate my time. To make a second last a life-time, to make innumerable actions last a second - I thought I had the best gift in the world. I thought myself lucky.

But I was wrong. I began to realize how the mind changes faster than I can even process. What I thought was a gift became a curse in that blue light of nightfall, where each face was illuminated, pale as white skulls. I saw the path of the bullet's straight shot into the girls' brain. I saw the blood splatter, pooling as though in slow-motion, and in the puddle - my own reflection in minuscule - a monster bathed in red.

The same monster I saw in Samuel's eyes.

When I noticed Samuel wasn't in his room, I panicked. Numerous possibilities bloomed in my mind, like weeds sprouting. If I were Samuel where would I go?

I got into my car and drove.

The scene played back in my head one thousand, four hundred, and fifty-nine times throughout the course of last night. I was not able to sleep. Cam wasn't able to sleep, either. Indeed, I heard her heels clack throughout the night. An echo sounding echo ticking down what felt like torturous hours.

They made me like this.

A hollow shell of a being. Without family. Without memories. All I had was time. Slow, foreboding time. I began to realize who were the real criminals here. I began to see myself in a clearer image. An image of a man with crazed eyes, trapped between bars. We were alike. These prisoners and I, counting down the minutes like a banker would count his money. We were rich with it. A prisoner to it. It was all we had.

And why not picture it? The higher-ups will most likely hear about the episode of the previous night, and they will come for me. I was sure of it. I was a monster. And so I had no choice.

I had to run.

I was parked on Pike Street. Through my mirrors, I saw Samuel advancing towards me, coming from the direction of the woods. I honked only once, before I met his eyes. A killer's eyes. He and I both. He approached the car, a solemn expression on his face. I could tell he was trying to hide it, but I already knew.

"I believe you still owe me a drink," I tell him. I wanted to bid a proper farewell to my friend.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:34 pm
View Likes
icebender28 says...

(Alright, we'll see if I can get Atila out. :D )

Atila:

Bored. Bored bored bored bored bored. I hate prison. Espcially federal.It was my first time, but i already hated it.

I had been sitting there for who knows how long. The mirrors were getting to me, and the slap-happieness of imagining the man dying had worn off. Now, all I was, all I had, was boredom.

I was carving doodles into the walls with shards of glass when i heard a bang. I froze and looked to the door.

I guess they're coming to take me off to somewhere. I thought. I stood up, preparing for what I was sure was coming, when suddenly I heard screaming. That is not supposed to happen.

The door blew open, landing ontop of the pile of glass. I looked through the empty door way into the hall.

"What...What in the world are you guys doing?" I screamed, in shock and joy. But mostly shock.

(Sorry it's so short, but hopefully this should get us started again! I didn't know who would be where, so somebody fill in! :D :D :D )
Life is to be lived, not survived.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:36 pm
Dynamo says...

Dynamo

As Ray charged up for his next attack Colin began to think quickly about how to get away. Codename Dynamo was capable of generating 12,000 volts in a single jolt. Deciding it was better than doing nothing, he said, "Stand down. I'm Colin Mustang from Division 5, Intelligence and Espionage. I'm on your side."

Ray hesitated for a moment, and Colin caught the recognition in the man's eyes. He and Ray may have never met in person, but the man knew is name at least. The electricity building up in his hands began to die down until the energy became little more than a low hum. Colin casually put his hands in his jacket pockets, and wrapped his fingers around the flashbang he carried in one of them. He hoped he could talk his way out of this, but he would keep the bang ready just in case.

"And what might Division 5's brilliant strategist be doing all the way out here?" Dynamo asked with an accusitory tone.

"I was doing some recon in the area when I saw the smoke," Colin replied, never missing a single beat.

"This area's been reconned to death already," Ray said, then looked at the girl who stood behind him. A manic smile began to form across his face. "You wouldn't be trying to save that rebel rat, would you?"

Colin didn't so much as glance over his shoulder at the girl. "I found her fleeing from the town and intercepted. I was about to take her back to HQ for questioning when you showed up."

His smile only widened. "Didn't you get the memo? This town's been marked as a Code 3, and I'm the one who's handling the extermination. If you really did find her trying to flee from this town, then she has to die." Ray crossed his arms before saying, "I'm feeling a little charitable right now. Why don't you do the honours and kill her for me?"

(I've done my part to try and get this storybook moving again, now it's your turn guys. I hope this post gives you a good jumping off point for you, Shinrai. Just a heads up, hand it back over to me once you have the two of them flying away. I've got something planned.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm
SubjectBlue says...

these were the moments that made me and Wess friends,
I looked into his eyes, and I could see the emptiness. killing takes something from your soul- meaning I probably don't have much soul left- but this one was different for both of us, this time we did more than take the shot, it was our decision.
having blood on your hands isn't the hard thing, it's the decision.
Even Dynamo, which was a killer long before us, usually kills in a fight or when commanded, and he's a maniac son of a b****.

"I do need a drink"

The drive was quiet and long, there wasn't any nearby pub, and we both wanted to just get away. we stopped in an Inn located on the highway, then stopped the car.
Wess walked in, and I followed, we sat on the stools by the bar, then I turned to him: "What do you want to drink?"
"Scotch."
I turned to the bartender: "One scotch and one Vodka"
After a few seconds, we both had our drinks, we drank them.
After, Wess looked at me: "There's something I've got to talk to you about."
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 pm
Daisuki says...

Sire and S’oul | Government Base | Rebellion

We crash into a steel-doored room.

Xandi is with S’oul and I while Zeke is right around the corner, finishing off a few guards. I watch as the captured rebels, particularly the girl with long red hair, gaze at us with incredulity. Xandi rushes to her, and they embrace even through the bars.

“You’re here,” Atila (as I recall Xandi telling me her name was) whispers.

“I wouldn’t leave you,” Xandi grins back. “Now let’s get out of here.”

S’oul’s head is leaning against my jacket as usual, and I feel her tense. A little whine escapes her lips.

I shoot to the door to peer both ways. “Why isn’t Zeke back yet?”
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell