z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:25 pm
Junglelover says...

*Sighs* MathisSiddel is making me post.... Not that I don't want to. And sorry it's short.

Ryan Hunt--5

We found no water, but I did happen to see a rabbit. It appeared to have a broken leg, and was like us, trying to find water."Poor thing, we should put it out of it's misery....And then eat it." I said raising an eyebrow.
"You're right." He said, playing right along with my joke. We were just making a excuse to kill it. Even when it had a broken leg, it still was fast. We chased it around, then finally caught it, and brook it's neck.
We walked back to Acacia, who was eating an apple. I sure I would of longed for some, if we didn't have the rabbit. "Do you think we could start a little fire?" I asked. It must of sound like whining, because Acacia rolled her eyes.
"I guess it would be okay. It's pretty light out, so it should be fine." Ivan answered.
We light a fire, and roasted the rabbit over it, and within a half an hour it was ready.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Leon Echelon

I was successful for what felt like the first time in these entire games! My hunch was correct and the elephants had lead me straight to the fresh water in the Carribean Beach. What was better was that I seemed to be the first one there. Perfect timing too, since I was pretty sure the game maker wanted to lure everyone over to a big fight. If I was first, I would be able to hunker down and set some devestating traps. I ran over to the water and drank directly from it. Again for the first time in a while, I actually felt like myself. The spear seemed to be lighter, and was talking less and less to me. Like my mind was getting better with every drink. After I had had my fill, I filled my water bottle and set some traps around a selected shelter. I set on that would fling first trap them in a tarp, then fling them into the water to drown, one that tangled around their legs to make them an easier target and a final one to trap some animals for some food if I could make a fire.

I sat in the shade and figured out how bad I was doing. I was hydrated, which was a major thing, but I hadn't had any food for at least 24 hours and I probably looked even worse. The urine had done its job with the bug bites, but I think a few may have gotten a minor infection at some point. Probably didn't help that I didn't even bother to clean myself. I relied on the fact that I looked dead. Meant that the other tributes would ignore me and hit one of my traps. The spear still looked conspicuous though. I took out the small container of bright face paint and started to make the tip look less like a spear tip and more like a painted sharpened stick. That way, no tribute would want it as a weapon, and I could sneak in from behind and go in for the kill.

After I finished, I sat back and looked at it. I had succeeded in making it look less dangerous at least, but it still looked pretty sharp. I went ahead and decorated the entire thing with all of the paint and it looked more like tribal drawings on a staff of some sort than a spear. It still talked to me and guided me through the process, but I didn't tallk back. I now knew that it was my minds way keeping me functional. What the spear said was actually coming from me, but the fact that I was half insane made it seem like something was talking to me. I wanted the games to end. I was in the shade, but I was still hot and I was just starting to really feel the sunburns all over me. I needed to not jump into the water. The noise alone would alert everyone in the vasinity of my presence and I would lose the element of surprise. Instead, I just sat still and watched my traps. Soon, more would come and then the party will start.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

57 Reviews

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 pm
Junglelover says...

Ryan Hunt--5

After we ate, I raped the remains of the rabbit in a cloth and continued walking. Our next stop was Carribean beach, which wasn't very far away. We walked for about 10 minutes, til we came to an old broken down building. I ran my hands on it's bricks, and started to walked to the other side, my eyes on the ground. I stopped when I saw a fresh pill of...crap. It was huge, but I didn't think anything of it. "Guys, look at this." I said pointing to the pill.
"Good, were close then..Hopefully." Ivan said. We walked around to the other side to find water.
"How do we know if it's good or not?" Acacia asked. Just then we saw a guy coming out from behind some weeds on the other side. He was wiping his lips with the back of his hand, and had a satisfied look on his face. "I think that's it." I said with a grin on my face. I took my bow off of my shoulders, and placed a arrow with it. I pulled back on the sting and aimed for the guy. He looked around 18, and had sandy blond hair. I held my breath as I let the arrow go, sending it into his middle of where his rib cage came together, sending him to the ground. The canon fired as soon as it hit him. My first kill, and I felt bad. But at least it was fast, and he didn't know what hit him.
We waited until the body was taken by the hovercraft, and then went down to the water. It was cold and refreshing, and I drank like a elephant...Wait, elephant, they like in the desert with rhinos. that's what that was! I pill of rhino crap! I looked up at the others, "Um, guys," I said, trying to find the right words so I didn't sound like an idiot, "You know that pile of crap......" They waited for me to finish, "I think it's rhino."

Guy from district 7 is dead.
Last edited by Junglelover on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:25 pm
Calligraphy says...

Guys so much for keeping this going. I haven't posted because you have been doing such a great job keeping it going, but I have read each post.

A. S.

P.S. who did you kill jungle?

57 Reviews

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:47 pm
Junglelover says...

Oh, yeah, sorry Cal! I killed a guy from district 7, if that's okay.

45 Reviews

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:05 am
View Likes
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

I watched as Ryan took out the tribute from district 7 with almost perfect accuracy and he immediately went onto my watch list. Being mainly trained in close combat, ranged attackers like Ryan, Samantha and to a lesser extent, Acacia with her poison had an advantage on me in most situations. Having them on my side was a good thing since we were not very likely to attacked by Samantha if she sees me with 2 others and if she did, Ryan would be able to easily incapacitate her or distract her enough for me to go in for the kill. It also made me feel better that he would probably not do anything against me or Acacia as long as Chase was alive. At the moment, we all knew that to be true at least.

"Um, guys," Ryan said shaking me from my thoughts, "You know that pile of crap......I think it's rhino."

I didn't quite understand the significance. In district 1, all we ever saw of most wild animals was on T.V or on display if we were lucky. I knew of rhinos, but I was quite sure what was the problem and why Ryan was concerned. I looked to Acacia, and she also looked nervous, so I asked the question.

"So?" I said.

"Rhinos are very territorial." Ryan said simply, "If we get close, they will attack."

"So we just kill it, then." I said.

"Good luck with that." Acacia said, "I'm pretty sure you can't outfight a rhino, but if you can I'd love to see it."

"We're going to play this smart," Ryan said, "Acacia, you fill your water bottle and Ivan and I will be your lookouts. If we see any sign of a large animal, we bail."

"I don't like it," Acacia responded, "but we need the water, so we should at least try. Just keep the bow ready." Ryan nodded and we slowly walked down to the water. There were no animals in sight, so Acacia got out her water bottle and filled it quickly. Neither Ryan nor I saw anything, but as we retreated we saw the massive rhino lumber out of the shade mere inches from where we just were. And we didn't even see it. It was camoflauged into the shade and didn't move until just then. We froze and watched as it drank from the water. We held out breath and back slowly around the corner of a building. Once we were out of sight, we were finally able to breath and we continued farther away from the rhino.

We walked for another 10 minutes before we took a break in some shade. We were still in the Carribean beach area, but halfway across from where we saw the rhino. It was there we took turns drinking the water.

Will review for food!

45 Reviews

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:18 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Leon Echelon

The party was starting. I looked into the distance to see three figures walking towards me on a collision course with my snare trap. If one got hit, the other two would be sent into a frenzy and I would have my chance to take them all out without them even knowing. I wasn't keeping track of the deaths, so for all I knew, they could be the last ones alive other than me. I took a sip of my water, and that's when the arrow hit me. Right in the shoulder. The pain exploded causing me to cry out. I felt the last of my sanity slip away and the spear started to talk again.

She found your trap. Look at the most dangerous one.

I did so, and sure enough I saw the woman stepping over my trap with a bow. She was the district 1 girl, Samantha. She looked dirty and had cuts all over her, but otherwise she looked better than me. She didn't look at all threatened by my presence probably thinking the traps were all I had. She was right.

"I'm surprised you're still alive." She said.

"When..." I croacked, but I couldn't finish the sentence, so my spear did for me.

You have nothing to lose...

"...You'll be surprised at what the human body can..."

Endure.

She cocked an eyebrow at me.

"'When, you'll be surprised at what the human body can'? You are making no sense." She lowered her bow and shook her head. She didn't hear the spear. My mind couldn't comprehend this, if I could hear it, why couldn't she?

"I will endure!" I yelled, "I will endure!!" I glanced over, I had the attention of the other group at this point, but I wasn't really paying attention to them. I got up and with all of my remaining strength, I pulled the arrow out of my shoulder and charged with my spear. Samantha wasn't expecting this. I ran her through with the spear and pushed her into my trap. I pulled the spear out and it activated consuming her in a tarp and then, the tree it was attached to swung her like a slingshot into the water. She sank to the bottom and I waited for the bubbles to stop rising before I turned to my new guests.

She's dead.

"I know." I said. I recognized all three of my guests now. They were Acacia, Ryan and Ivan.

Ivan is from district 1. Kill him and even if you die, you will be a legend.

"A legend." I repeated, "The one who killed district 1. The one who nobody thought would survive beating all odds and killing district 1. You are right."

They looked confused. They obviously didn't think I could survive let alone kill Samantha. I had to act quickly, though as my adrenaline was depleting and I would collapse as soon as it did.

"Leon?" Ivan said. He stepped forward. Only a couple steps more until he hit my trap. Then I would strike.

"Yes, Ivan." I said, "And you thought I couldn't survive. Well I did and I killed the one person you were afraid of. Don't act like I shouldn't know. The spear tells me everything."

"The spear?" Acacia said. Now, I noticed Ryan with his bow. Ivan pushed it down and stepped forward again. He must have thought that I could be saved, well that will be his undoing. I stepped back and he stepped into my trap. The snare wrapped around his feet and he fell flat on the ground. I jumped forward, spear to his face. I noticed blood encusted on a shirt that was wrapped around his arm. He was injured.

"What is this?" I said and tore off the bandage with the tip of my spear. Blood started to flow from his arm. He cringed in pain.

Kill him!

I wanted to, but I was frozen by the sight of the blood. The adrenaline was gone and so was my strength and will. I couldn't move. I was at the mercy of Acacia and Ryan. The chameleon had failed. I swayed a little and collapsed on the ground unable to feel pain anymore. I was alive, but immobile.

*I won't kill Leon, but anybody else can. I just think it will be better that way.*

Samantha, District 1 is dead.

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:21 pm
ultraviolet says...

Acacia Lane

Mad. That was the only word to describe Leon. Well, deranged would probably work too, or any synonym, but anything close to sane is out of question. His spear told him... never mind. He's a lunatic.

He collapsed, out of injury, dehydration, or starvation I wasn't sure. Either way this was my time. I ran forward and grabbed his spear and plunged it through his stomach. He died. I knew it right away, he didn't have a chance. I pulled the spear back and wiped the majority of the blood off on my pants. Talking or not, a spear would be very helpful.

I turned back to Ryan, who was helping Ivan up, already having rebandaged him. Ivan's face looked perplexed, like he was trying to work something out.

"Why did you kill him?" he asked. "Maybe we could have--"

"What?" I next to screamed. "Used our resources to keep him alive? Just to have to kill him later!" I was getting mad now. Killing is what we have to do; it's the only way out of here. Ivan needed to get a grip. We can't keep adding on allies. "Eventually we're going to run out of people. There can only be one winner! Noble or not, if you want to come out of here alive, you're going to have to kill. There's no other option!"

I was seething, fuming. I can't afford a teammate who wimps out when he has the upper hand. The only reason I'm even keeping them on is to keep me alive longer. Then I'll spear 'em in their sleep. But till then, they need to man up or we're all going down.

Ivan seemed taken aback, like this just made it through his thick skull. We can't keep playing nice, and the sooner he got that the sooner we'd be to winning.

"Come on," I said. "We need water and food. Ryan, start hunting with your bow. I'll take Ivan and find us some place to rest. Meet up here in a couple of hours."

Ryan looked like he was about to object but I just said, "Now!" I was the one in charge and he better believe it. I didn't take orders well, so the sooner he submitted to me the longer I would tolerate him.

Leon is dead.

Oh, and Jeremy is dead too. I think I forgot to say that.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:31 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Echo

Everything is fading. The world is melting around me. My skin is burnt, crisp, dry, and cracked. I haven't eaten in days. I refuse to kill animals to live. Why should they die for me? I'd hoped to come past some dead animal, but my luck had failed after I got the parachute. That was probably all of my sponsor money. No one wanted to represent Echo the saint. I drink the last bit of my clean water and lay down. Soon, I'm face-to-face with the point of an arrow.

Chase

The meat was a lot better than I wanted to admit. It's such a pity to see Echo the beautiful saint reduced to waste. But there was nothing I could do for him. He was already dying when I found him. Was it really so bad that he fed my hunger if he was already dying? But I made sure to keep him along for as long as possible. Not to be cruel but to make sure I got all of the meat that I wanted.

I wrap the leftover meat in palm fronds and put it in my bag. Suddenly, the kills were projected on the screen. This confuses me because I know that it isn't that late. Five dead today. Only a few of us left now. And I have the faint inkling that Ivan and Ryan are out to get me. Not that I'm concerned. I laugh aloud while they play the anthem. Wouldn't it just be great if they teamed up to kill me of all people? Hilarious. Suddenly, the whir of music comes on and I'm immediately pulled to look at a ride. I'm tempted to get on, but there something wrong. The rides are going much faster than they should be. I back away quietly and climb a tree. It seems like all of the rides are on. I silently hope they'll go off soon, but since this is probably the Gamemakers doing, I highly doubt it.

Echo is dead.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

45 Reviews

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

As much as I hated to admit it, Acacia was right. I was being too soft on everybody. First, I took pity on Andi which ultimitely led to her death, then I didn't kill Samantha when I had the chance and she ended up being killed by Leon. I also took pity on Ryan to help track Chase down, but he doesn't know where she is or her strategy due to her lies, so really there was no reason for it. I guess Leon was the last straw for Acacia. She laid down the law, and now I don't know if I can keep on leading this alliance. Still, I didn't feel right killing Leon when he was like that. The games did that to him. He was alone and starving and his mind just couldn't take it. He didn't deserve what he got. Now Samantha is dead too. I guess I should be happier now that I don't need to worry about her ranged attacks, but I was also a bit disappointed. I wanted to fight her. I wanted the honour of being the one to take her down, but now I won't get that. She died from a trap. That day was one of the craziest of my life.

Wait, how long had the day been going on?

"Acacia," I said, "how long have we been out?"

"I don't know," she responded, "a couple hours I guess."

"And the flood happened at around noon, right?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Just think about it. In the morning, we got the announcement of sleeping bags. There was a fight there that led into the flood. After the flood, we met a couple hours later. Then Ryan. Now there was the fight here. What time is it?"

Acacia immediately got what I was saying. In unison, we both looked to the sky. It was night time. The stars were out and sky did look black. Then I noticed that I hadn't been feeling the sun's heat for some time and it was actually a little cold out.

"The lights" Acacia said, "they mimic the sun's light so we didn't notice. The game makers gave us a night time sun so we would have trouble sleeping."

"Yeah," I said, "well we best find shelter anyways. We can take a room in one of these buildings and block off the doorwayn and try to at least block some of the light."

Acacia nodded and we continued on.

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 pm
ultraviolet says...

Acacia Lane

How had I not noticed that night was upon us? Stupid, stupid, stupid! I thought. If I couldn't even keep time, how was I supposed to win this thing. Don't be sorry, I told myself. just don't do it again. As long as I payed more attention, I still had a good shot.

Though there was clean water in Caribbean beach, we weren't sure if Samantha or Leon had allies hiding, waiting to attack, so we made our way to Hollywood Studios, which was just a mile or so away. We were there in a little less than an hour, and when we arrived we ducked into the Tower of Terror.

Like with outside, the lights in there were on, but the ride was going for a creepy vibe, so they were all dimmed, casting an eerie glow over the haunted hotel. We came in a back door, most likely reserved for employees, and when we made it out of a spookily long corridor, we were met by a winding stair case. I could faintly hear sound coming from the top and knew we had to go up to see what was up there. If anything, maybe we could go for another kill.

"I don't like the looks of this," said Ryan, the little wimp. "It just seems... wrong."

"Of course it does," I said. "There's probably traps all over the place ready to spring at us. But I want to know what's up there. If you wanna stay and wait, more power to you."

I started to scale the stairs. Glancing back at Ryan, Ivan followed me. Good, he was smart. At least smart enough to know that his chances were better with me. It also meant that he was choosing survival over compassion. Good for him.

Obviously not wanting to be left alone in the wicked-feeling building, Ryan reluctantly followed us.

For twenty minutes we walked up the stairs, and the sound became more defined. A scream echoed, as though in a large cavernous building. The scream was definitely female, maybe on the younger side. There was only one girl left that could scream so high pitched, so shrieking. The girl from District 10.

I remember her clearly. Thirteen years old, pale gold hair, bright blue eyes, as innocent as a lamb for the shearing. But after getting a ten from personal training, I decided she was someone to be reckoned with. As we left the Cornucopia, I saw her throw a knife with so much precision, it landed directly in a boy's eye, like a hunter would shoot a rabbit or squirrel.

We climbed the staircase, level after level, until the girl's screams were ragged, as though her throat raw from too much use. I wanted -- no, needed -- to know what would make her scream so much, so loud, so long.

Finally we reached the top, which opened to what must have been the ride. The layer of seats rushed down through the space, fast, way too fast, maybe ten times faster than it should. I could see the girl cling to the seats as she was pulled down with it. Well, she was a blur of light skin and clothing. But it had to be her.

The ride zoomed down, a terror escalator whooshing down. How long had the girl been there? Since the ride started? Hours, maybe? Was she resting on the rotted seats, and was simply carried away, or did something force her onto it?

My answer was found almost as soon as I thought it.

Something from behind, something too quick to be human, pushed us all over the ledge, where we fell a few stories then were met with the ride. Up we went.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

45 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:50 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Ivan Istor

We landed on the rotted seats as the ride was climbing up to the top of a massive drop off. We only had enough time to sit up before we were thrown back as the ride sped downwards. It was going way too fast for normal. I forced myself to a seated position and saw the district 10 girl. Her eyes were wide with fear and she was staring back directly at me. She immediately recognized me, and her fear was replaced with a wicked-looking smile. She reached for one of her knives. That was the problem with being from District 1. Everyone knows you and they see you as a threat or a means for fame or at least a way into the legend books. Leon wasn't too far off, anybody who is able to best a District 1 tribute has their name known even in death.

This girl was on the ride longer than us and therefore had a chance to get used to the ride, but it was still moving too fast for her. In any other circumstance while facing her, I would have had a knife in my chest right at that moment, but as it was, the speed of the ride was in my favor. Her knife flew right past me on one of the turns. This was my chance to get over my weakness as Acacia would put it. To prove that I had the killing instinct.

"Give me the spear!" I said to Acacia. I don't think she heard me, or she was still trying not to get thrown off, either way she didn't. Too bad, when facing someone who is adept at ranged combat, the more reach you have the better. I guess I'd have to make due. I waited for the ride to start to climb again and used that chance to climb forward two cars. The girl saw what I was doing and climbed to the front to get farther away. I kept advancing whatever chance I had and when I saw her try to get a shot at me, I would duck down. Finally, I was two cars away from her. I was far enough to be out of range, but close enough to draw my foil and possibly disarm her.

I jabbed forward and she easily parried my strike. It wasn't going to work. I climbed forward one car and tried again. She parried again and almost made me lose my balance on the ride. She threw another knife and it scrapped my leg. She drew another knife. How many did she have? Ryan tried to fire an arrow, but it missed by a mile. Acacia had gotten a hold of the ride and was making her way forward. I couldn't let her take this kill. I needed this kill.

I turned just as she lept on top of me. She tried to bring her knife into my throat and I grabbed her arm at the last moment. We struggled for a second before I was able to overpower her and throw her back against the edge.

"Kill her!" Acacia yelled.

"I'm working on it!" I shouted back and brought my foil to her throat. I had her, but I was hesitating. She was still just a girl, how was it right to kill her? No! These were the Hunger Games. I worked hard to be a part of them and I needed to kill to survive. I knew that going in, but I still had trouble doing it. Like it was easier to say I could kill than to actually do the act. Maybe that was why my trainer thought that Samantha would win. Because I didn't have the killing instict that she had. Well, she was dead now, and I can prove him wrong. Prove Acacia and everone wrong and kill this girl and win the games.

I stabbed the girl in the throat. I killed her and I felt... Good. I proved them all wrong. I can kill, and I will do it again. Next time, it will be Chase at the end of my blade. She will regret all that she did to Andi.

District 10 girl dead

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 pm
ultraviolet says...

*is going to post... later. But is not going to let this die*

~asofterworld.com

45 Reviews

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:44 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

I'm with you. I just don't like posting after myself.

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 pm
ultraviolet says...

I'll post before the night's over. Pinky promise... (and that stuff's LEGIT)

~asofterworld.com

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell