z

Young Writers Society

Hiding

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 am
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

~Silver~

"Then you came here" I said, flexing my wings a bit. That felt good. Jacobs eyes were on my wings, watching them. "So,...They gave you wings?" He said, with a hint of,...was it nervousness?...who knows. I snapped my wings back fast, hearing the snap. "Yes. They did" I said distastefully. "Wow. That's,..pretty cool" My mind flashed back to when I was a kid at the age of 3 when they grafted these cursed blessings on my back. They drugged me with dozens of drugs and stuck me in a large liquid filled chamber. Then next thing I remember is screaming in pain at strange things on my back. I remember being forced every day to move around, flying, for these demons who watched me like a little interesting dog who did them a trick. They drugged me to see what would happen to the wings. IOnce they made all the feathers fall out. I lived with pains every night, tossing, turning, my back on fire. They did this to me. They ensured my curse.
"Silver?" I screamed wildly, and smashed a coffee table with my bare hand with one strike without even thinking. Jacob backed up a bit on the other couch, wide eyed. I sank down sideways on the couch and turned over so my face faced the couch. I started crying again, silently to myself.
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:01 am
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob*:

I watched her warily. I wasn't expecting that breakout. "Silver," I said slowly. Assuming she was remembering her tests in the lab I tried to sooth her. I took off my blue t-shirt. Silver glanced up at me, her eyes running over the scar along my chest "It happened when I was twelve. I can remember it with such clarity. They had to keep me awake for it. I don't know why but they did. I was so freaked out. When they stitched it back up it burned. It felt like a fire in my chest."

I paused for a moment "When ever I was around other experiments it burned with excruciating pain. They would coax me into using the elements. Making me mad, getting me to meditate, things like that. They always did surgeries on me. Eventually I got used to it, but I still hated them."

My jaw twisted with memory as I said "One day the man trying to get me to use fire just made me so mad. I burned him." I placed my hand over my chest "They all became afraid of me. No one would go near me. They isolated me. "Even today my chest burns when I'm around experiments, but I've gotten used to it since I've burned myself with fire so many times."

I caught her gaze "You aren't alone Silver. I just want you to know that."
Live, Love, Laugh

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:29 am

~Silver~

My eyes widened at the scar, but mostly the story. It was so similar to mine. I collapsed on the floor, emotion too much for me to handle. When the scientists tried to surpress my emotions, they sorta in a way succeded. I can't handle too much powerfull emotion, or I, well, stop working for a while. I was feeling Anger and Rage at the scientists, Fustration and Confusion at the whole experimenting, Gratefull I was gone from them, and, something else. What was it? was it, relief? Relief that someone else had been through almost exactly what I had been through? Something else? I don't know, cause soon my world went black.
If that never happened,

84 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:17 am
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob*:

She fell over. Well, passed out. She landed right on top of the shards of broken glass from the coffee table. I lifted her up carefully and examined the side she fell on. Luckily the only glass that got in was big enough to pull out and wasn't to deep. I pulled the glass from her arm and lifted her limp body up.

I didn't know what to do with her. I didn't really know much about her. Deciding to take her to my room so no one would see her here I walked into the hallway. I was thankful that every non-experimental person was asleep. I pushed open my door and lay her on my bed. Her brown hair shone silver in the dark room. The window screeched as I slid it open. I jumped out and landed on the nearest tree. Jumping carefully I looked for a sturdy branch at the top. Lying down on it I watched the sky until it grew pink and the sun crept up from the rest of the world.
Live, Love, Laugh

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 pm

~Silver~

"Get away!" I screamed at the multiple men in white lab coats. "Get those things away from me!" I said as they pulled out needles with strange liguids in them. My wings at full extent, looking menacing, I knocked out all of the needles. Yes! The needles are gone! Then one of the scientist smiled. Wait, they never unless,.. I looked at my arm. On of the needles was stuck in it, the liguid draining into my arm. I screamed, riping the needle out and threw it at one of the scietists. I sank to the floor, my world going black for the umptienth time.
Then I woke up
I opened my eyes in a start, jumping up. I looked around the room. This is not mine! Am I back at the labs? I thought in panick. Then I looked at the open window. They never had open windows at the labs. I sighed in relief. I looked out the window, at the sunrise. Then I looked at the tree. Jacob was alseap on it. ??? Did he sleep on a branch, so I could sleep on his bed? Strange, I thought. I looked at my small wrist watch. Almost time for school. I took one last look at Jacob, then jumped out the window. Snaping out my wings, I flew to my room, avoiding the windows. Avoiding the confused emotions.
If that never happened,

84 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob*:

I heard people below me. Rubbing my eyes I rolled over. My eyes snapped open as I fell through the air. I grabbed the branch and climbed up. Careful not to be seen I climbed back into my room. Silver was gone so I assumed she woke up. Glancing at my clock I said "Crap, I'm late." I exchanged shirts and ran to my class. My jeans from yesterday would have to do.

I entered the room and everyone stared up at me. I half waved to them all "Sorry everybody. My, uh, alarm didn't go off." I strode to my seat and plopped onto the uncomfortable metal chair.
Live, Love, Laugh

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 am

~Silver~

I sat in my class thinking hard. But not about class. I raised my head as the bell rang and I got up with the others. In the hallway, I was still lost in my thoughts. then the cheerleader girl from yesterday bumped into me, making both of us drop our books. I fell back wards as shje wobled but regained her balance. "Whatch it you disgusting freak! Pull your head out of the sky and try to look in front of you! Just don;t look me directly in the face cause I don't want to see that halloween mask you call your face!"(Wow this girl a jerk! :shocked: ) people around us stoped to stare at us. Most laughed like heack at the cheerleaders words. When I started picking up my books, I accidentally droped one. "Wow you clumsy dork, it;s like your on drugs or something." My back starightened at 'drugs'. She started walking away, swishing her hair like a retard. "Say that to my face" I dared, promises of swift death in my voice. "What, Freak?" she said turning around Like i was wasting her time. "Say that to my face," I said, slowly turning around.
If that never happened,

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 am
LovelessSummer says...

Zane: I stretched towards the sky. Ugh, what time was it? I glanced towards my alarm clock and screamed. It was just about lunch time, I slept away half the day! I jumped out of bed and ran towards the school, cutting my arm when I slammed through the front doors. "Say that to my face," a voice called from down the hall. I stopped and looked around the corner, Silver was talking to the cheerleaders. That can't be good. I ran up to her and took her hand, attempting to unclench her fingers. "Do we have a problem here, ladies?" I threw a smile at the cheerleaders. "Oh," one of them said,"hey, Zane." I winked. " Hey, Stacey. What seems to be the problem? It looks like you girls were-" " Everything's fine," Stacey said," we were just leaving." They walked away and I turned to Silver, letting go of her hand. "What was that about?"
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:29 am
ScarlettFire says...

**Ahh. Where did my character go? She was out of it last I checked...**

Kiera(Sable):

Yawning, I rolled over. My dream had involved flying....weird.

"Ouch!" someone exclaimed and my eyes shot open. I was laying on someone. I rolled off them and looked around.

"What are you donig in my room?!" I shouted.

**Now, this could be anyone. :smt003 **
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 am

~Silver~

I snarled at him "What was that? What was that? That little ***** was pushing me around thats what happened. And I was just about to end it!"
his eyes widened and pulled me away from the other people. "What? No! Not that way!" I said, angry that he would even think that I ment that. "Maybe a small punch to the face would have gotten her off my back."
"Why would you need to do that?"
"Because She's a *****! She's been on my case since day 1, and she's never lightened up! It's always, 'Freak' or '******' or anything else that hurts. And today, she went way to far. The next time I see that *****, she's going down hard. And you can;t do a thing about it" I left Zane by one of the doors, registering everything I just said. I walked to the lunch room and sat down alone.
(WOAH! Silver's in a nasty mood! :shocked: )
If that never happened,

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob*:

I watched Sliver and a cheerleader fight. It didn't look good. Silver looked like she was ready to lash out. Zane stepped in so I didn't have to, thank god.

(sorry it's short)
Live, Love, Laugh

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:50 pm

~Silver~

I sat at the lunch table, hunched over like there was a thunder cloud above my furiously working mind. My mind, working at a thousand miles an hour, has come up with no answers for all my questions. Out of fustration, I banged my fist on the table, cracking it a bit.
If that never happened,

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 am

(Someone PLEASE post! :smt003 )
If that never happened,

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm going to, like real soon. As soon as someone posts as the person my character rolled onto.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 am

(K :D )
If that never happened,

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat