z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

"But wont the loser get weaker not stronger?" Skylar asked.

"I don't think so." He replied shaking his head. "But I don't know for sure."

"It's worth a try." Sean said looking at her then Kai.

"I guess, but they need to heal first. Do they know how to absorb the other energy?" Skylar asked. "And what if one keeps winning but the others don't, only does one of us good."

"We need to find out first if it weakens the loser. Then we'll figure out the rest of it." Kai replied as Gram walked in with drinks and handed them out.

"What are you kids planning?" She demanded.

"How to keep us safe." Skylar replied.

"Just don't get hurt."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:43 am
Dynamo says...

(How about we do a time jump to when they're all healed?)

Kai looked at Ryukin who was still laying on the couch. "At any rate, I don't want to be away from Ryukin while he's healing."

"You can stay here until Ryukin gets better, if you want," Skylar suggested.

Kai looked up at her grandmother and asked, "Is that okay?"

"Of course. You can stay here for as long as you need. He have extra blankets and pillows in the closet if you need them."

"Thank you. I'd also like to get a few things from my place."

"We can take you over there right now if you- Crap!" Skylar blurted out. "I forgot my bike at school!"

"Relax," Sean said. "I can drive you both to Kai's apartment, then to the school so you can pick up your bike."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 am
TNCowgirl says...

(((Sounds good to me. How long will it take them to heal?)))

Skylar nodded. "We'll have to leave Ryukin here."

"Only for a little while." Kai sighed. "I'll be ok with that."

"Alright, lets go then." She got up and walked out to Sean's car as Rieky stayed on Sean's shoulder. They climbed in the car and drove to Kai's house first and then to the school where she got on her bike and drove back home.

(Oy vey :P )
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:06 am
Dynamo says...

(It should only take a couple of days. I can't think of anything to write at the moment, so do you want to take a crack at the time jump?)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

A few days later Skylar woke up to a loud thud. She jumped out of bed, barely missed running into Tala as she ran to the living room. She stopped still as her head got light and she saw Kai slowly getting up from off the ground.

"You ok?" Skylar asked.

"Ya, that couch is smaller then I thought." He replied getting up. Gram had talked him into staying one more night so Ryukin didn't have to get up and move around.

"You could've used my bed, I'd fit better on the couch." She replied as she yawned.

"It's your bed, I'm not kicking you out of it." He replied climbing up onto the couch again.

"Whatever." She walked to the kitchen and got a bowl down. It was saturday and Sean was supposed to come over later that day.

"What time is it?" Kai asked.

"I don't know, but I won't be able to get back to bed." She called back.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Dynamo says...

(Any ideas on how we're going to get Kai and Skylar together?)

"Sorry about that," he called back. He looked across the room at Ryukin who was sleeping on the other couch. He got up to check the wound. The hole through his body had healed completely.

Skylar looked into the living room to see Kai looking over his friend.She bit her lip before saying, "How is he?"

"The wound is gone. He's probably still weak, though, so he should probably rest a little longer."

Sky nodded at that. Tala's wound hadn't been as sever, so she had been perfectly healed by yesterday afternoon. "Well, if you're finished sleeping come in here and I'll pour you some cereal." She got a second bowl and filled them both. She made a spot on the table for Kai to sit at before placing his cereal on the place mat.

(I'm reading Wolf's Blood, by the way. I like the story so far. One question, I thought vampires were only able to go out at night? Don't they go into a comatose state once the sun comes up, making them dead to the world until it sets again, and being exposed to sunlight makes their skin burn? At least, that's how it is with the book I'm reading right now. It's funny how much you learn from books, even if it's all fictional. :lol: )
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

(((I don't know, we'll think of something. The reason they dont' in Wolf's Blood is cause,....uh....I'm not sure :P )))

Skylar looked up when Tala walked in. "How's Ryukin?" She asked.

"Better, but needs rest." Kai replied.

"You staying again tonight?" Tala asked streching her limbs.

"I'm not sure." Kai replied as he ate his cereal.

"Gram won't mind, I think she likes having a new face in the house." Skylar said before she finished her bowl.

"I've noticed, I'm sure I"ll be fat by the time she's done with me I'll weigh alot more." Kai smiled. His smile was contagious and she couldn't help smile with him.

"I'm sure after we train you'll lose it all." Skylar replied.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:06 pm
Dynamo says...

They ate in silence for a few moments, then Kai said," Sky?"

"Yeah?"

"Sean told me how you felt about me and Brittney."

She froze. A frown was creeping up on her face. "Look, I wasn't jealous, okay?"

"But it did bother you," Kai added. "I saw how you reacted when she said hi to me in the hallway. I didn't go to meet her in the forest to ask her out."

Skylar looked at him then, her frown softening around the edges. "You didn't?"

Kai shook his head. "I went there to tell her I wasn't interested."

That surprised Skylar. Any guy at school would give anything to spend even five minutes with that girl, and Kai turned her down. "Why?" she couldn't help but ask.

"Because it bothered you. You're the first real friend I've had. Well, human friend that is. I didn't want to mess that up just because you didn't like the person I was dating."

(Just so you know, Brittney isn't going to be showing up at school anymore. Also, summer for them is coming up in a few weeks.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 am
TNCowgirl says...

(((Sounds good to me. :D )))

Skylar smiled a little. "Thanks."

"For what?" He asked.

"Your the first real friend I've had too, and for putting our friendship first like that. Thanks." She grabbed his bowl sense he was done and carried it to the kitchen and then started washing the bowls out. She chewed the inside of her lip while she did. He cherished their friendship. That made her feel, special. Other then Tala no one else seemed to put their friendship first.

"So what are we going to do today?" Kai asked as she put them up.

"Well, depends if you want to leave Ryukin here or not." She replied sitting back down.

"Hello in the house!" Sean called walking in.

"Looks like your an early bird." Skylar smiled at him as Rieky jumped onto her shoulder and then onto the fridge. "Sorry, I hide the bananas again." She smiled at the monkey. It had become a game to see if Rieky could find them.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 pm
Dynamo says...

(Just so you know, Kai is the kind of person who will become very timid when it comes to starting a relationship. Skylar is the one who will have to initiate it. :D )

Reiky started looking around the kitchen for the bananas. Skylar thought it was funny how she always went for the bananas as soon as they get in the door, but at the same time she found it a bit odd. She was looking for them so she could give one to Sean, but why bananas? Skylar pushed the thought away for now.

Kai thought for a moment. "If Ryukin is still bed ridden, I don't want to leave him."

"You don't have to worry about that anymore," A voice from the living room said. Everyone turned to see Ryukin walking into the kitchen.

"Ryukin, are you sure you should be up right now?" Kai asked, worried.

"I feel fine, Kai. The wound is gone now." He turned to face everyone else and said, "If you ask me, we need to start training as soon as possible. The method Kai suggested earlier this week may be our only chance at becoming strong enough to defend ourselves from other Tsurekin, like the one that had injured us."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:52 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"But are you well enough?" Tala asked.

"I'm fine and ready. Lets just get this started. Who knows when they'll be back." He replied.

"Then lets go for it." Tala smiled. "I'm ready for it."

*I got to go, :'( Sorry it's short, my life just got complicated.*
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 pm
Dynamo says...

(No problem. You just focus on getting everything sorted out. :D )

"We could go to that spot in the forest that we went to after Brittney's Tsurekin first attacked us. There's a clearing there big enough for Ryukin and Tala to spar," Sean said.

"I don't think we should go back there," Skylar said.

"Why not?"

"Because it's too close to where we had our encounter with Brittney and...Alex." Just saying his name made her skin flush a bit, because it brought back memories of what his Tsurekin did to Ryukin and Tala.

"Okay, but we still need a place to train. I don't think your neighbours would react well if they saw a bunch of robots fighting in your backyard."

"I have an idea," Kai said. "We could go to the forest behind my old house. There was a grizzly bear sighting a few years back and ever since then no one has gone into the place...except me. That's when I first met Ryukin."

"I don't like the idea of training in a place where there's bears," Skylar said.

"We'll protect you," Tala said. "Besides, if one shows up in the middle of our training it'll be good practice."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:48 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright, lets go then." She wrote up a quick note for Gram and then followed Kai and Sean out to Sean's car as Rieky ran over with a banana in her hand jumping on Sean's shoulder and handing it to him.

"I found them." She said smiling.

"Great, now I gotta find a better place." Skylar laughed as Ryukin and Tala slipped out the back to follow from a safe distance.

When they got to the woods Tala looked around. "This looks perfect." She said walking over to Skylar and looking at Kai.

"Thanks. You two ready?" He asked looking at Ryukin and then Tala.

"Of course, that big hunk of metal is no match for me." Tala smiled sticking her nose up dramatically then laughing. "I just hope I don't get burnt to death."

**It's getting better, slowly. I've got tonight to relax and tomorrow, then the last week of camp starts. I work at a camp if ya didn't know. Just in the mornings really, but then again everything that happens at camp affects me. :S **
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:19 am
Dynamo says...

(Huh, so that's why you don't post in the morning. Feel fortunate you have a summer job. Canada's economy is as bad as the states' right now, so finding a job is near impossible. And with adults taking all the jobs us teens usually take, that just makes it even harder. I must have applied for ten or more places this summer and never got so much as a phone call back from them. Of well, at least my grandmother is paying me to mow her lawn every week. Anyway, it's good to hear things are getting better. I'll be camping myself tomorrow and the day after, so I won't be on.)

"I think I'll be able to control myself enough not to use that attack," Ryukin said. "But even without it you'll find that defeating me will be tough."

"We'll see."

The two Tsurekin went at it. Kai rooted for Ryukin while Skylar cheered for Tala. The wolf was quick on her feet as well as with her attacks, Ryukin found it hard to land a hit on her. However, the dragon made up for his lack of speed in power. He was able to withstand most of the hits he took, and his attacks he was able to land had a little more umph.

They fought evenly for about fifteen minutes straight. Kai and Skylar both agreed it was time to give them a break. "Let's call it a tie and take a breather," Kai said.

"No," Ryukin said.

"What?"

"I...want to keep going."

"But you've been fighting for fifteen minutes straight. Aren't you tired?"

"No. In fact, I feel...energized."

"Me too," Tala said. "I feel much better than I had when the fight started. In fact, I think I feel lighter on my feet. I want to keep going, too."

Kai and Skylar both looked at each other. "Do you think it's the energy, like Brittney said?" Kai asked.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:30 am
TNCowgirl says...

(((It's nice when my dad is my boss. :P )))

"Maybe, keep at it if you feel like it." Skylar replied as she leaned against a tree. She watched as Tala kept at it and Ryukin hit her with his paw once sending her a few feet away. She growled and got up. Skylar bit her lower lip looking to see if she was ok or not. She seemed to be fine. Tala rushed and darted to the side before Ryukin could hit her again.

"I think this is what we've needed to do." Sean said walking over. "Their getting better and they've not been going at it to long. I'm worried about sending Rieky in though, I'm not quiet sure what she can do."

"I'm sure she's got tricks up her sleeve." Skylar smiled at him and then Rieky. She heard metal against metal and looked up to see Tala kick off Ryukin's back making him stagger just a tad.

"There, thats for sending me across the clearing." Tala smiled as she crouched and waited to attack again.

((Who'll win. I don't care. :P ))
Want a Readers crit???

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore