z

Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:44 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Worried about some of your friends?" Alana asked,

"They'll take care of themselves, and as many civilians as possible." He muttered,

"If all goes well not a single civilian should be killed," She smiled, "Maybe we'll catch him in his sleep."

"You do not know the King, I would say he was parinoid, but now I guess it is just fear of Head." Tas replied,

"If I was him I sure enough would be." She saw Tristian flying back to her. "Now, to see if anyone will be in our way."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 pm
greenjay says...

Ooo, this is good. And Sirius is fine.

Mathias

I looked at the young Rogue and sighed, couldn't he see where he wasn't wanted? A year ago I would have killed the fool for his impudence but...things had changed.

I sighed again and continued on my way. Quin and Tobias could deal with the nuisance.

We topped a rise and could see the gray walls of Xnrom glimmering in the distance. I pulled a thick brown begars cloak out of my pack and put it on, leaving the heavy hood off for the moment.

By the end of that day we stood at the big gates. I stepped in and shuddered as I entered the city for the first time in years...through the gate at least. I shuffled my feet as a beggar would and tried to stoop down as much as possible, but I was tall and certainly did not go unnoticed. The rest of them followed at a good distance behind. They saw me enter a small inn and followed at intervals.

The innkeeper walked quickly toward me to kick the begar out, but I stood up and he looked into the hood and saw my masked face. He gasped and stepped quickly out of the way, muttering quickly into my ear. The rooms were quickly arranged and we all met in my room. I pulled the map out, and we began to prepare...
the greenjay strikes again...

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:25 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Tas put his armor in the corner as the others gathered around a table. The inn keeper was his friend and wasn't with the king at all. Putting on some new clothes he would have to be careful moving around the city.

Turning he noticed Alana was cold. Picking up his cloak he walked over to her and placed it on her shoulders. She grabbed it with her hands touching his. She gave him a smile which he returned. He took a seat next to her. Looking at the map the head was discussing a battle plan.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana was thankful for the warmth, she had never liked the town, it had always given her the chills. She looked over the map while Mathis explained everything. The castle was big by what theses maps said. She quickly memorized every turn and every hall way.

"Are there any seceret tunnels?" She asked looking at Mathis
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:21 pm
greenjay says...

Sorry I took so long. I posted but there was an error, and then I was gone for the weekend.

Mathias

"Not exactly the secret passages one would find in tales...but helpful none the less. For instance," I said pointing to one section of cordors, "no one has been in this section in years. There are only a few entrances, small rusty doors, and no one has any reason to go there...except us. Also this is one of the only maps of the palace. The only other one I know of is in the library on the southern edge of the city...and no one goes there any more."

I nodded satisfactorily.

"We get onto to roof, come down through the skylight here," I said pointing to a small room, "and then we make our way to the abandoned halls. From there we should be able to get to the king's room relatively undetected."

"Then," I smiled, "the kill!"
Last edited by greenjay on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:50 pm
Knurla says...

She stood with her arms crossed behind them all, studying the map and Mathias' words. She often did better listening instead of talking. Leaning over them to get a better view of the map, she looked at Mathias.

"And how do you expect a group like us to get around completely unnoticed? It's not like we can be stealthy amongst all of these townspeople." Jade was still leaned over the map, but directing her question to Head.

194 Reviews

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:21 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

"Simple!" I said giving Tas a sly look. "You two will be the distraction. Jade will attack Tas, and Tas will fight her just long enough to let us slip by. The area we will be in is not heavily guarded, but for safety's sake the fight must be quick. We don't want any other guards involved. Then you Tas will take her away as if to imprison her. Instead of going into the prison then, there is a small door to the left. Enter there instead. Go down that passage until you reach a dome-shaped room. Wait for us there. If we are not there in three hours follow that tunnel. It leads out of the city."

Everything was settled, and we dispersed.

I slept well that night and got up early on the next. I began to sharpen my weapons. Soon everything was ready; I gave the last instructions.

"Remember, keep each other in sight. We don't want anyone getting lost."

They nodded and I stepped out of the inn, shuffling my feet, an innocent beggar once more.

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Ahh, wait where does Alana go????**
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:28 pm
Layleun says...

Quin pointed to the ball room, "If we do go into there we'll have to be very careful." She placed her hand over her mouth and chin, replaying the schedule of the day.

Tobias cut in before she came out of thought, "She means to say that palace cleaners clean the room everyday. In the morning and also in the evening. If we're going to go in there," he pointed to the skylight they had sabotaged, "we should go in after dark and wait there for a while until the morning. Kill him and stay for questioning, when we're cleared we could go back to home and wait for a messenger telling you you're the rightful heir."

Mathias reclined in his chair, thinking, "But why do we kill in the morning? Why not just be done with him at the night."

Tobias stood and walked to the window, "Because people have seen us here. If they see us in the palace, then see us leave it'll be a bit suspicious."

(I don't know if this made sense. Jay, could you PM me and tell me if theres a way I could improve this?)

194 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:20 pm
greenjay says...

It's fine Layleun, I got the jist of it at least.
Alana, Quin, Tobias, and Sirius are going with Mathias up onto the roof and into the palace. Sorry if I didn't make that clear TN.

Mathias

I thought through the plan as I shuffled towards the palace. We would get onto the roof, drop into the ball room, go into the adjacent trophy room, and then proceed to the unknown passageways. No one was ever in the trophy room for the king had become to lazy to hunt. I grunted with discust. He did not do anything worthwhile any more. The problem would not be in the trophy room though but instead the ball room. As Tobias had said it would be cleaned in both the morning and the night. They would have to wait for the servants to finish their job, and Mathias and Alana would have to finish theirs and get out before the servants returned in the evening.

I looked up towards Jade; the signal. Tas stood at the side of the street, standing guard like any normal soldier would. Quin, Tobias, Sirius, Alana, and I stood nonchalantly near the entrance to the royal gardens, ready to enter as soon as Jade and Tas started their fight.

Jade started towards Tas.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 pm
Knurla says...

The street was lightly crowded today, but enough to draw attention to herself. It was exactly what Mathias and the others needed to get inside. Jade crossed the street, shoving through bystanders and beggars, Tas her target. She did not bother drawing her blade; she wanted a good old fist fight. Those always brought good attention.

Quickly, she was now in front of Tas, she nodded as she threw her fist at his chest, knocking him backwards. He took the hit, and the townspeople turned to look at the small brawl. Fists flew, people and children gathering, but keeping safe distances away.

Tas smiled, and Jade nodded, as he faked a punch to the side of Jade's head, and she fell to the ground. Quickly, he grabbed her, and addressed the crowd, "Don't worry, I got this hooligan under control." He tied her hands loosely together, and drug her off to 'prison'.

194 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:14 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I smiled, a sudden thought popping in my head. They were pretty good; they should join the circus.

I quickly discarded this thought and slipped into the Royal Gardens. One by one the others followed me, until all of us were safely inside. I shut the door softly behind.

The Royal Gardens had grown much since the last time I had walked through there. The trees were not young and fresh any more, but large and powerful...almost over powering. Things had changed, I had changed. Not even the palace was the same any more. The once shining white walls were tarnashed from the years; the once bright banners that had made the soldiers proud were now dull and tattered, flapping in the apathetic wind like dying birds. I remembered the far wall as half covered with ivy, but as I suspected, the whole wall was hidden beneath a thick layer.

I jogged towards it, knowing that the more time we loitered around down here, the better the chance of being found. The ivy was very thick at the bottom, making it a little more difficult to climb. Still, it did not take long before all of us reached the top. I then discarded my heavy beggar's cloak and looked about me. We were on the many leveled roof of the palace...it would be quite a chore to get to the top.

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana quickly climbed the ivy behind Mathis, she had always liked to climb. Tristian stayed on her shoulder as she climbed the extra weight not hendering her. The garden had been a beautiful place and she hadn't wanted to leave it but she had a job and that meant she had to stay close to Mathias. She looked at their intended path, it would take more effort then the ivy had. Tristian flew off then came back, he hadn't seen anyone.

"Its clear for now." She said in a lowered voice to Mathias.
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

My hand gripped the cold stone of the top of the wall, and I hoisted myself up. I helped the rest of the group up one by one. The early morning sun shone off the roof of the palace; I shadded my eyes. Our destination was almost to the top, for at the very top were the king's quarters. The glass was visible atop the ballroom, some of which I knew was no longer there. I motioned for the Rogues to follow. I went down the wall a ways and then leapt onto an adjacent rooftop. Alana jumped across right after me, having no trouble. Quin followed and then Tobias, although he had a bit more trouble. Sirius stood back, not wanting to try but knowing he must. I pulled out my sword and twinkled my eyes at him wickedly.

"You are not going to slow us down are you?" I said, raising my sword just a tad. His face went white and he leapt, clearing the gap by at least three feet, even with all his armor on. I chuckled and sheathed my sword; he managed a little grin.

I made my way along the rooftops, hopping from one to the other easily. The houses at this part of the palace ran parallel to the wall. I went until we came to a point within reach of the second, inner wall. I jumped off the roof, grabbing the edge of the wall. I pulled my way up and lay panting for a second. Then I motioned for them to come.

"After this it is pretty much a straight shot to the ballroom...hurry."

194 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:39 am
greenjay says...

Mathias

Once again Alana came first, jumping high and grasping the edge of the wall firmly. I pulled her quickly up and motioned for Quin to come. She came, only getting one hand on and gasping as she almost slipped to the street far below. I yanked her up to safety. Tobias came next, making a fine jump and pulling himself up. Sirius' face was pale as a sheet, but he ran up, giving a fine leap, and successfully grabbed onto the edge of the wall. I pulled him up and clapped him on the back.

We continued on our way until finally we reached the roof above the ballroom. I peeked over the edge as the servants were just leaving.

"Quickly...and no talking!" I said and slipped through the small glassless hole.

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke