z

Young Writers Society

A Dump For The Kids Of The Rich And Famous *started*!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:10 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Cody

I noticed while I left the dorm and walked out the door that I could see my breath. Was it really that cold? Surely not! That hot weather guy even said it would be in the eighties tonight. I sighed, watching the steam curl through the air, enjoying the crunch of leaves beneath my converse. This was the life. Good grades, about to hang out with the boy in the band... How could anything go wrong?

Oh, no worries, it did.

I met up with Kace in the alley, an unlit cigarette in my mouth. He grinned when he saw me. I took out my lighter and spun the wheel, the flame heating my face up a bit. Kace already had his new pack out. I shivered as a cold wisp ran up my back. How could I forget to wear a jacket? Which brings us back to the weather guy.
Kace smiled a little more and pulled a jacket out of his bag.
"Cold?" He asked, handing it to me.
"Yeah, how'd you know?" I laughed, putting it on. It smelled like Abercrombie & Fitch. I took a moment to take in the scent, storing it to memory.
"Jedi mind powers, how else?" He shrugged, leaning against the wall with the I'm-so-cool face on. Yeah, he wished. He was still new.
"Shall we?" He whispered, gesturing toward the road that lead to the Avenue. Window-shopping, hmm?
"Of course!" I murmured, walking up beside him.
We stood at the crosswalk, waiting to go. The hand had been red for at least forever. I sighed, admiring the lights of the shops. This would be fun, I though, smiling to myself. When the hand finally turned green, we almost fell over each other to get across before it turned red again. There were no cars at the intersection, but hey? Who doesn't like competition?
We were about halfway across when I saw it. It was a sleek blue color-- A Mercedes, it had to be. It was definitely speeding, coming upon us too fast to even calculate the speed.
"KACE!" I cried, and shoved him in front of me to the safety of the crosswalk. The last thing I remember was scrambling to get up, though I knew it was too late, to get out of the way. All I remember really is a sharp, agonizing pain in my chest, the crack of bones, Kace screaming my name, and the world fading into a dizzying blackness as sirens blared, though they had to be miles away....Miles and miles away...

** Cody isn't dead, nor does she die. She's broken her arm and seven ribs. She's put into a three-week coma. When she's finally sent back to school, she has to wear a bandage thing over her diaphragm.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 pm
Winchester says...

We sat in the park, i was nice we talked about what we liked and stuff...we kinda just sat on the swings in the cold.
The trees seemed to shimmer with the frost, and the air was damp and cool.
we decided to walk into town, Ollie said his arm around me, keeping me war. Now THAT felt nice.
As we walked down the street i saw shiny blue car rushing past, we started having a play fight weather it was a BMW or Mercedies.

Then i heard a scream.

Cody.

I knew it was hers, so i ran. Ollie was calling after me i shouted "It's Cody, the scream. it was her!"

Then he started running behind me. I pulled up to the street then i heard crying but it wasn't Cody's..Kace?

Kace was crying. Then i figured out why.

I saw Cody's limp body on the floor, she had a cut down her face...I ran up to her and saw her, her eyes had just flickered shut, "Call 999" Kace shouted to Ollie.

I just sat on the pavement sobbing, i couldn't stop...I didn't know if she was dead or alive.
Ollie helped me up and just held me, for the second time tonight why i cryed into his shoulders.
I got the tears to stop, so i went over to Kace and just hugged him, He knew Cody as long as he'd known me we'd been a little family since my mum had passed away.

I got my phone out, and called Ash...

"Dez, What do you want?"

"Ash i need you to get to town. its Cody shes been run over."

He hung up.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 pm
Firearris says...

(Hey Everyone. I'll be taking over Rebel's second character. :) )

Ash

I heard my phone start to ring, and answered quickly upon seeing my sister's name.

"Dez, what do you want?" I asked, straightening up. The voice on the other end came frantically, and I knew within her first few words that something was wrong.

"Ash, I need you to get to town. It's Cody, she's been run over." I paused momentarily before hanging up on my sister. I stood there, and took a deep breath, processing what she had just told me. Cody was run over. Shaking my head to clear it, I began a paced jog to where I suspected they would be.

-

By the time I found the small group, Dez, Ollie and Kace were sitting on the ground; Kace on the phone, talking to someone, likely getting help. A figure lay on the ground a couple feet away from them, and a lump formed in my throat as I recognized Cody. I walked the last few paces to Cody's body and crouched beside her. Unsure is she was alright or not, I swiveled on my heels and turned to face Kace.

"Are you getting help?" I asked almost calmly, before adding. "She's still alive. Cody is breathing." Kace and Dez both opened their mouths to reply, but I interrupted them when I saw an approaching figure.

"It's Camille, I think." I said, waving her over.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:04 pm
Winchester says...

Ash hugged me, I was relived that I knew she was still alive.
I paced up and down the street, the ambulence came soon enough, I couldn't go with them so Kace did. By this time Amara and Ericka had arrived.
The police asked us some questions. I was watching Ash get asked questions when my phone started buzzing... I didn't reconise the number but I answered anyway.
"Is this Destiny Rae Winchester?" a remale voice asked.
"Yes, why?" I answered
"We think we've found your mum's killer..."

Great, my best friends JUST been run over and this comes up, I slid down a wall onto the floor, the tears brimming in my eyes.

"it was your stepmum." She said.

I hung up, and burst into another set of tears. It was too much, wayy to much

Ollie ran up to me, and slumped down at the side of me and started hugging me saying "it's all going to be ok" like he knew exactly what I had just been told.
Ash saw just what was going on and came running over, "I know what it was, I didn't want to tell you after all this..." I would have at least hit him but I knew I wouldve been the right thing to do.

I told Ollie then carried on crying, he just sat there comforting me until darkness swept me away.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King