I think about waking her, asking her to just let us be this; but I know she'll wake angry and I won't have the chance. So instead I keep her close and keep quiet. We can talk later. Maybe she'll be so tired that she won't argue so much.
I just wish she wouldn't take things a certain way. I don't mean it like that.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I hush her, whispering for her to keep still. She doesn't wake, and I keep her in my arms. Maybe her subconscious reveals more about her feelings than her words.
Hm. I wonder if I were to possess her I could see what she does think...
No. She'd kill me. She'll just have to tell me.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I don't move her arm, even though it overlaps mine. Her blood soaks into my jacket sleeve, but I don't care and I don't have to pretend not to. We're both quiet, calm, and indifferent to each other's transgressions. Why should I care about a little blood? I'm not a wimp.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I flash a smile and take a deep breath. My eyes stay trained on her, still, and I hesitate before responding. Do I tell her everything? Will it make her mad?
"You hurt yourself," I say. "You're okay, though. In your closet, I think."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I tighten my arms around her and hesitate before standing. Shifting her in my arms, I tell her to hold on and teleport us to the entrance to the ER. I run her in like normal and hurry to get her on a gurney. Nurses begin to wheel her away, and I'm forced to let go of her hand.
Please. Just be okay.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
They hurry me away from him and I automatically see all the girls in the hospital run to him. I groan and when they get me there start asking me a bunch of questions. My eyes practically close on me, "Stop asking questions and just fix her," I retort, and they start helping.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!
I slip away from the girls, tell a nurse where I'll be when she has news, and lock myself in a one-stall bathroom. Sliding down the door, I take my head in my hands and close my eyes.
Everywhere. They're everywhere.
That better change.
My thoughts shift back to Jackie and the baby, and I try to calm myself down.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
Forget ragebaiting. What about happybaiting. Purposely mentioning things that my friends like to make them happy and joyous. What about that, huh — GengarTheGhost