z

Young Writers Society

Journey to the Safety Zone DT

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 am
View Likes
ninjacookies says...

That’s AWESOME!!!!! and yeah, I agree about the theme being similar.

Okee, so anyhow I haven't been online all day and it seems I've missed out on HEAPS!!!!
So anyhow ... relationships with the others c:

Z and Mr. Winters

Spoiler! :
Well the two don’t really talk that much but Z accepts his as part of the team even if he doesn't fully trust him (he doesn't really trust anyone he doesn't know though). He thinks that Mr. Winters knowledge for machines though could prove very useful in the journey. (And who wouldn't? That’s kinda epic!)

Z and Caroline

Spoiler! :
Seeing as Caroline is the youngest in the group Z does his best to look out for her (Not that she doesn't already have enough protectors) but he does understand her need to prove herself to the others and won’t stop her from that. He also thinks that she is probably one of the more trustworthy people in the group. Overall they get on fairly well.

Z and Alison
Spoiler! :
Z is a little relieved to have another person there to help them get to the Safety Zone. He’s a little skeptical about the stories that she tells about her past but hey, he’s not one to judge. He’s also a little amused by the enmity between her and Q. Mostly though he’s glad to have another person in the group who knows what she’s doing.

Z and Ash
Spoiler! :
Z and Ash get along alright. They aren't overly close or anything but he thinks that she’s kinda cool with her ability to make explosives and all. He probably gets along better with her then he does with some of the others and he’s happy to have somebody else in who can look after themselves.

Z and Jason
Spoiler! :
Z doesn't really talk to Jason very much (as y’know Jason doesn't really talk when it’s not necessary) but he doesn't think he’s as ‘bad’ as he tries to pretend he is. That said he doesn't really trust the guy- especially with his knowledge of weapons and wouldn't really turn his back on him.

Z and Q
Spoiler! :
So Z has known Q for ages and she is probably the only one in the team who he actually trusts (well her and X but he isn't mentioned a lot). The two get on heaps well and he talks to her more than anyone.

Z and Gab
Spoiler! :
So, sometimes Z doesn't know what to make of this guy. He probably actually feels similar about him to what Gab feels about him. However there is something trustworthy about him and Z doesn't quite take that for granted.

Z and Ayumi
Spoiler! :
Z is a little unsure of Ayumi and is never really at ease in her presence because he feels (and is probably right when he assumes) that she doesn't really like him. He is relieved to have somebody else to handle herself in the team but the two never really make an effort to talk to or trust each other very much.

Z and Jeydon
Spoiler! :
Z and Jeydon get along alright. Z has no problem with the other guy and they may even be friends. He likes how Jeydon knows how to use weapons and tends to trust him more than some of the others because he isn't all secretive like some of the others.
Last edited by ninjacookies on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm
View Likes
therealme says...

All that's needed now is for ToBeMe (Ashlee), umaima (Jason) and ACTRESS (Caroline) to check in and submit their relationships with the other characters. Then, as long as there's no more questions, we can start! :D
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am
View Likes
ToBeMe says...

Wow. Never want to be offline again. You miss out on WAY too much!

Relationships, relationships...
Okay, here we go:

Ash and the others

Ash and Mr Winters

Spoiler! :
Okay, let’s see… I completely agree that Ash and Mr. Winters should get along pretty well, seeing as their background stories are similar and their skills could be totally bad-ass when used together in fights (or on the others… when they annoy her). At some point they might end up being friends which Ash finds strange because she never really had a lot of them. She kind of understands him because she knows what it’s like to be on her own.

Ash and Caroline

Spoiler! :
Seeing Ash is only a couple of months older than Caroline she doesn't tend to… “Look down on her as somebody who needs to be protected because she is younger” all the time but does look out for her a little because they are friends (if they end up friends, that is… :) ).

Ash and Ali

Spoiler! :
Okay…
Well Ash gets along with Ali better than some of the others and doesn’t mind talking to her but she always has the suspicion that the other girl is hiding something big(that’s what you had in mind right, therealme?) Besides that Ali does sometimes tend to avoid her which Ash finds a bit annoying (to say the least) but tries not to let it show. When the two talk (and the past isn't brought up) they actually do get on pretty well.

Ash and Jason

Spoiler! :
Hmm, Ash and Jason? Well Ash doesn’t really fall for his “I’m so rude” act in the slightest… in fact she thinks it’s kind of stupid of him to try to make the others think the worst of him. She knows he’s something better than he pretends to be and usually gets an urge to roll her eyes whenever he’s doing his bit to convince them all that he’s “bad”. He likes mocking people but she’s not so bad at coming up with retorts to his quips herself and is rarely offended by anything that he says. I reckon that these two might actually be friends because she isn’t so insulted by what he says and isn’t attracted to him because he’s a “bad boy”. And she really wants to learn karate (which she will bring up from time to time :) )

Ash and Z

Spoiler! :
For some reason Z reminds her of a friend of hers that died when the Disease came along and sometimes when she is around him she begins to zone of a little and have flashbacks of what her life used to be like. This is all good and true until she remembers things that she’d rather forget at which this point she’ll change the subject and leave… or just walk away, which tends to be a downside for the whole friends thing.
She is a tad suspicious of him (because, you know, he IS a secret agent and she isn’t very trusting when it comes to secrets OR agents)- especially when he goes all ninja-like but due to him reminding of her of her friend she can never really avoid him all together… and besides all that she is REALLY curious about the mutants (After all she HAS seen what they can do…) and wants to know everything she can about them.

Ash and Q

Spoiler! :
Ash and Q don’t really talk much and if she is totally honest with herself then Ash will admit that it is partially because Q is a “secret agent” and she doesn't trust her (And Ash already has bad enough trust issues with everybody else).

Ash and Gab

Spoiler! :
So, Ash and Gab don’t really talk very much.
She thinks that he sometimes overdoes when trying to convince them all that he is a “good guy” but after a while she got over that fact. She doesn't really trust him (but then again, she doesn't trust anybody anymore) but she tries to act hospitable when he is around.

Ash and Ayumi
Spoiler! :
Ash doesn't mind being paired up with Ayumi and though she probably won't admit it out loud she really pays attention to what the other girl says, especially when Ayumi is giving her advice. Ayumi is one of few the people in the team who Ash looks to and she has a certain respect for her.

Ash and Jeydon
Spoiler! :
Ash doesn't really see the whole 'thrill' of Jeydon as much as some of the other girls. Sure he's a nice guy (most of the time) Ash just thinks it's funny how much of a fuss everybody makes over him. She doesn't dislike him- in fact she thinks he's kinda cute- but she never really goes out of her way to buddy up with him. She treats him mostly like she treats everyone else but seeing as she likes and respects some of the girls fighting over him she may act a little edgy around him sometimes.

Ash and Regina

Spoiler! :
Ash has the urge to roll her eyes whenever is around. She isn't really a fan of her. In fact she thinks that Regina thinks WAAAYY to much of herself and her background story and is a bit of a b**** to a lot of the other recruits. She never really talks to her- wish is completely fine with Ash... as the other girl tends to ignore her anyway. Maybe at the end Ash might understand her more and they might even get along. But not quite yet. (And I don't mean this personally, I swear. But I just figure that not everyone can get along? )
Last edited by ToBeMe on Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am
View Likes
ninjacookies says...

Okeee, only 2 people to go now! :) Anyone got any storyline ideas that they just want to throw in before we start? And I wanna start tomorrow sometime! So come on people (not all of you :) ) Get writing! :D

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am
View Likes
umaima says...

Okay, this is my first time participating in a story book so I am open to suggestions...

Jason and Mr. Winters
Spoiler! :
Jason feels like he has competition when ever Mr. Winters is around and that Mr. Winters is better than him, the reason why he doesn't like to be around him much.

Jason and Caroline
Spoiler! :
He pranks her all the time, teases her as she is the easiest target for him. He thinks she is kind of cute as she always puts others before herself and also try's to teach her that she is dumb to do so. Caroline, in spite of Jason's behavior try's to get close to him because she thinks he has a reason for whom he is today.

Jason and Alison
Spoiler! :
Jason try's to avoid Alison as much as possible in the beginning but later as therealme says gets along with her. Jason sometimes tells her things which actually are true about her character so she gets more pissed. They anyhow manage to work greatly together as their skills.

Jason and Ashlee
Spoiler! :
Ash and Jason get along well. Maybe because they both clearly understand each other. They have kind of common interests and well the rest ToBeMe decides.

Jason and Q
Spoiler! :
Q is always sticking around him so he tries to hide as much as possible from her. He knows Q well from before and thinks her as a younger sister? (tell me if that is fine)

Jason and Z
Spoiler! :
They work finely together. Problems arise when Jason starts to have doubts on him...

Jason and Gab
Spoiler! :
Gab and Jason usually are together. They have kind of common interests and turns out in the end are best friends. They work amazingly when they are put together in a team and usually Gab supports Jason's pranks.

Finally done . . .*relieved*
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

60 Reviews

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:41 pm
View Likes
therealme says...

Ooooookay, so to make things clearer (while we wait for ACTRESS to post her realationship thingy) we may as well ask a few group questions, yes? :)

- What exactly is this sign/advertisement/notification thing? Is it a piece of paper? Is it carved into a tree or something? Does it just magically appear in front of each of us in the form of a kind of futuristic hologram (this would be cool)?

- How many more people are still alive on the earth? or are we the only ones left? If there are other people existing still, apart from us, do we associate with any of them?

- How big is the island? Is it the only land mass on the earth left remaining? Are we all on the same island?

- Do we ever get off the island? If so, do we fly (like in some badass looking jet plane thing)? or do we hop on a boat and go all 'Pirates of the Caribbean' style?

So um yeah, I think those are enough questions for now. heheheh xD
I'm so excited holy shit i can't wait!! :D

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:02 pm
View Likes
MrWinters says...

My guess is that other people are still alive, and we probably run into them on occasion. This way we can add our group's struggle with other survivors, and have a convenient way to add any newcomers mid story.
I like the idea of leaving the island, but it would be in more if an "island hoping" style. If we do that, it can offer a new type of terrain to explore, and give Mr. Winters a chance to show off his mechanical skills by fixing damaged planes or boats, and a little bit of humor when everyone realizes he plans to fly/sail them, most likely in a less than safe style.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 pm
View Likes
ninjacookies says...

Ooh, questions :D

okay, let me see...

-The sign thing is kinda like a newspaper advertisement... except newer (any kind of paper nowadays- in endoftheworld time- is either faded and just about dead or it has been torn to pieces by the mutant... like just about every movable thing in this day and age.) And you find it... because you see it and pick it up or maybe it blows in your face or something. (You can figure out how you find it.)

-As for people, well, I completely agree with Mr Winters here. There ARE other people- survivors from place to place, trying to survive any way that they know how. Some people may even be working with the more intelligent of the mutants.

- The island... well I'd say it's actually pretty big- around the size of a small country? Anyhow basically everything is in shambles and all that remains of whatever cities and towns they are is in ruins. To start off with we are all on the same island but there are others... In fact the "safety zone" is on another island... somewhere.

- And, now that you mention it HOW COOL WOULD IT BE IF THEY ALL WENT PIRATE OF THE CARIBBEANS STYLE? :D (I'm sorry, I LOVE them movies.) But the plane is probably more mechanical and would work more with Mr Winters idea which sounded kinda cool. Maybe we can do both... Like catch a plane and then when it dies (to the point where it CANNOT be fixed) jump on a boat and sail off.
:) And some point we'll be walking ( well probably walking a lot... and running away from mutants), on the islands and all.

Okay. And we're starting tomorrow. For real this time :) (and people can catch up later?)

I just really want for this to start! :)

60 Reviews

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:11 pm
View Likes
therealme says...

Yes I think that's enough information for us to start with :) i agree, we will start tomorrow!! :D
who's going to start it off? I don't really feel inclined myself.

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:31 pm
View Likes
MrWinters says...

I was thinking that the plane would crash, and everybody manages to survive or bail out before it crashes. After all, the pilot is a little bit crazy. Whatever we decide, I can't wait to start.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:53 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Okay, so these are my relationships:

Ayumi and Z
Spoiler! :
Z is a guy, so Ayumi does not trust him and ignores him most of the time. If he speaks to her, she is brusque and avoids eye contact, except for quick, challenging looks flung in his direction.

Ayumi and Q
Spoiler! :
Ayumi has a healthy respect for Q. She secretly likes being teamed up with her or walking with her, because she knows that Q is a capable fighter and can contribute to a team. This is one character whose company Ayumi might even actively seek.

Ayumi and Ali
Spoiler! :
Ayumi understands that Ali has some skeletons in the closet, but because of her skills and speed, she tolerates her and is sometimes even friendly to her. She somehow trusts Ali and thinks that she must have good reasons for hiding her past. She will become bitter and angry, though, if she finds that Ali is endangering the group with her secrets.

Ayumi and Jason
Spoiler! :
She utterly hates him. Firstly, he is a guy and a jerk, and secondly, she feels very attracted to him and his eyes make her want to melt. She avoids him like the plague and is exceptionally rude to him if she has to work with him. She refuses to meet his eyes (she is afraid he will see what she feels) and deal with her conflicted emotions.

Ayumi and Gab
Spoiler! :
Distrusts him as he is a guy and sort-of weird-looking. She does not openly avoid him, though. He is probably the most tolerable and least threatening guy in the company.

Ayumi and Mr Winters
Spoiler! :
Ayumi is constantly giving him a fishy eye. She does not understand him at all and keeps him at a distance. He freaks her out a little, but she will follow any orders he gives her.

Ayumi and Ash
Spoiler! :
Ayumi likes Ash and has no objections to working with her in a team. She considers her a very useful sort of person and will listen to her and then direct her skills with suggestions.

Ayumi and Caroline
Spoiler! :
Ayumi considers her weak and looks down on her coldly, but tries not to give her too rough a time. She does become slightly snappish with her at times and gets exasperated with her constant search to prove herself.

Ayumi and Jeydon
Spoiler! :
Ayumi really does not like Jeydon. He is a guy, and she distrusts that. He is cute and friendly, which she cannot believe. On top of it all, he seems to be trying to make friends with the rest of the group, including herself. This she finds highly suspicious to say the least, and she watches him with narrowed eyes throughout the journey.

Ayumi and Regina
Spoiler! :
Ayumi has a professional type of attitude toward Regina, but quite likes her. She does not approve of her scheming attitude, though, and will be sharp with her if she sees her being nasty, especially to Q, who is supposed to be their guide.
Last edited by barefootrunner on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 am
View Likes
ninjacookies says...

Okay. I'd say were just about ready to start (FINALLY). Anyone can post from now on... whenever you guys want to. I think It would probably make more sense if one of the survivors posted first though (coz, your the one's being recruited and all). Basically what happens is everyone finds the notice and then they all meet together and wallah the Journey is starting. :) (If that made any sense whatsoever.)

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:12 am
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Hiya everyone :) Could you pleaseadd your relationships with Ayumi into your posts?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

I just updated mine for you!c:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia