z

Young Writers Society

Clutches of Earth's Life DT

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:22 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Im happy our characters are working together, X. Down with the government!!
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 pm
Omni says...

So, we now have all of the character slots for the team filled. Remember, we have a lot of CEL officers still open, just say what position you want and post it on here, no more need to PM it to me.

Hmm, did I forget something? Oh yeah, it's started! Make sure to post!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:38 pm
StoneHeart says...

Nice timing Questioning (You need to update your signature). I was just about to PM you my Colonel's character template.

Who's 'X' Janika?
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

Reviews: 3
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:05 pm
View Likes
Xaxas96 says...

Let's play the guessing game to figure that out! Black you go first, who do you think X could be?

I'll be posting most likely Thursday afternoon, if not Thursday night.

303 Reviews

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:23 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

//sigh. . .

Whoever here has the most X's associated with them.

Reviews: 3
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 pm
View Likes
Xaxas96 says...

I guess you know who it is now :D, I'm glad we could play this game.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Let's play the 'A'questioning game! Geddit! Geddit? I'll go away now...

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:28 pm
crossroads says...

I'm too lazy on phone so I can't check the plotting places.. Do tell, is there something we should know about, as the CEL officers?
I'll post for both Dee and Jack at the same time, so I'd like to know :3

*glares*
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 pm
Omni says...

Spoiler! :
*Glares*

Not much, just that I want to get some of the divisions out there, and you guys (The officers) will decide where you go.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

303 Reviews

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 pm
StoneHeart says...

Name: Janz Kamburg.

Rank: Colonel. (Why not general? Because I'm not good with tactics and everything. Colonels job's aren't so involved).

Appearance: Very tall and thin, not your typical buff soldier. He's got kinda wafty brown hair, the kind that makes you think 'silky' and overall is really a looker. He's smiling most of the time (Not a kind of *I could gut you like a fish* smile, but a nice one). He moves very quickly and seems rather twitchy, responding to every out of place sound either by looking at it, or attacking its source.

Personality: Okay, so he's not your typical really hard, mean, tough officer. He's a nice guy, friendly, kind, one of those people it's kinda hard not to like. But don't let that get you off your guard, he is very touchy about questions about himself, his actions, and his plans. If he doesn't straight out shoot you, then he'll just not answer. He only has respect for his senior officers and a select few other people.
Usually actions like his would get him kicked out of the army, but he's too good for CEL to lose, he never loses a fight and his men follow him like fanatics. He completely does not take rebellion in his men, and if their offenses are serious enough he will just shoot them.

History: He was born and raised in Quebec, Canada, in the city (His family moved there from Germany). When he was a teenager his family (Mother, (His father had died), and sister) moved south to New Mexico. Albuquerque! He had a dream of becoming a astronaut, and seeing as his family was dirt poor he was forced to enter the military to pursue it.
Five years he spent, at the end of which time he returned to his family in New Mexico with half a dozen medals, ditinguished service, and a Captain's rank. He also lost his dream of becoming an astronaut and instead took money for his services.
Shortly after, however, his family decided to move to the Middle east. A few years afterwards, war broke out between the country they were in and the USA.
Janz was planning on settling down, getting married, and living there for the rest of his life. An American bomber however dropped a load of bombs on his home where he, his family, and his fiancee were. Luckily he and his fiancee were in the basement, and while his family was killed, he and his fiancee (Shanzay al-Khamis) survived. However Shanzay had her back broken and was sent to a cripple's home for the rest of her life. Paralyzed and half insane.
Janz, filled with anger, returns to the United States, intent on revenge.

How you came upon CEL: But, of course, CEL finds him and gives him a better, more trusty way to get what he wants. He takes their offer and now is a Colonel in their forces and has been for a number of years!

Trusty Sidearm: (Could be an animal or a weapon, anything as long as it's not magical) (I'm thinking that this is going to be a fairly realistic SB so I'm not having an animal). An old six shooter, he doesn't need anything else. (He's really good with it!)

Other: How was it?

303 Reviews

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 pm
StoneHeart says...

Okay, Omniyus - not Questioning! I have a question!

Are we leaders going to be leading the teams or groups of men? Because seriously 300+ million versus less than 40 men is no match, no matter how good the forty are, I assume we are going to have some larger forces at our disposal with the teams as a kind of special forces.

Tell me if I'm wrong!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:49 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

BlackNether: So, here's what you guys (The teams) will do: You are going to be the spies who are the ones who will be placed behind the scenes to do the major steps to the downfall of the governments that will not involve armies. You are the ones who might assassinate people, blah blah blah. However, there will be a lot of battling and you might be dragged into it if it helps you to take out the leader etc.

Basically, CEL will be giving you missions that you will do, no matter how you get it done. Does that make it better?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

303 Reviews

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:58 pm
StoneHeart says...

Aye, thanks!

What'd you guys think of my first post?

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:19 am
LadyPurple says...

I have added at the end of my post the whole "coming to see them in prison" thing in mine! :D
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 am
FermentingFruit says...

Yay for super busy lives. I can get a post up tomorrow, no time tonight.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg