z

Young Writers Society

City of Secrets DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:56 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Yup, this is the DT for City of Secrets.

You know what to do.

Link to SB: topic86508.html
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 pm
SisterItaly says...

Bwoop.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm
Shadowlight says...

I"m Sorry I'm SO late!!! *grovels on the ground*

I will get it up today!
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 pm
ScarlettFire says...

XD Just post the profiles when you're ready, Shadow. ^^ And jump in at anytime.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:08 pm
View Likes
Synnoev says...

Posting my profile in here to not clog up the main SB :D

Name: Amar Daoyne (Although he goes by the name of Soren, and has not revealed his true name of Amar in years)

Race: Human

Rank Assassin

Allegience: He sells his services to whoever will pay the most; currently he is in the employment of the General (Villain)

Appearance: At first glance, Amar appears fairly normal, wearing plain commoner clothes to blend in as much as possible in the daylight hours. As his profession requires, he is well-built and muscular, though still fairly agile. He has fairly messy dark hair and quite bright blue eyes, though he often disguises himself whilst tracking a target or fulfilling a contract.
Spoiler! :

Personality: On the surface, Amar appears to take very little seriously, responding to most things with a smile and a mocking comment or two. He appears haphazard and chaotic, dancing around serious issues and generally moving from place to place without so much as a second glance. His reputation amongst women is not one that has gone unnoticed

It is only when you work with him that you realise just how meticulous and careful he truly is. He takes each job as if it is the most important of his life, undertaking days or even weeks of constant observation and research surrounding his target until he has documented enough evidence to hone in on them. Despite his often haphazard appearance and behaviour, his living quarters are unnaturally tidy and organised, nothing left out of place. When it comes to planning, he is a perfectionist.

Flaws: Although it is hard to shake his constant facade of confidence, inside, if his plans are changed he becomes very vulnerable and susceptible to attacks. Most of his skills lie in his ability to perceptively foresee a wide range circumstances and plan for them rather than an ability to think on the spot - he does not deal well with the unexpected.

Power/s: n/a

History: Amar is the child of a man from Asrya and a woman from Barea, and as such has faced prejudice his whole life, always being the outcast of society. As such, he has learnt to survive by himself, rarely disclosing anything about his personal life, particularly his mixed heritage, to others. Whilst he is sociable, he does not expect friendships to last and as such always remains distrustful of those around him, no matter how open he may appear to be.

After searching unsuccessfully, for many months for someone who would employ him, he eventually turned to the assassins, selling his allegiance to those who would pay.

Up For Love? Yes

Other: n/a

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

(Hi I'm Shadow and Scarlett is letting me hop on board this SB as the Crown prince! Scarlett I apologize it took me so long- we had out of town company and several thunderstorms.)

Name: Hector Alamea

Rank Crown Prince

Allegience: Asyra

Appearance: He looks the part of a prince. Hector is tall (6'3") and has a lean aristocratic build, but don't let that fool you. He is a formidable fighter. His eyes are a light crystalline blue with flecks of a darker cobalt color. his hair is dark deep brown and he always has stubble on his face. (his mother hates it, she wishes he would just shave it all of or grow a proper beard.)Of late he always has a thoughtful far away expression on his face.
Spoiler! :
Hector.jpg
Hector.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 492 times

Hector wears a high collared (frock coat-like) tunic that is black with military type embroidery (also in black)
Spoiler! :
's coat.jpg
's coat.jpg (15.34 KiB) Viewed 492 times

he also wears a dark red sash (I was thinking it is a symbol of the crown prince?) with a leather belt over it. He also wears black pants that he stuffs into the tops of his knee high riding boots. (he is in all black because of his fathers death, he is in mourning clothes)

Personality: Hector was always the quietest of his parents children, he was the one who sought out solitude and peace. He is Driven not to fail himself or those who have put so much fain and trust in him and this has (since his fathers death) took a toll on his past lighthearted self. He finds the weight of becoming the country's king almost unbearable and this causes him to be serious and thoughtful where before he would have laughed and cracked jokes to lighten the mood. His grief from his fathers passing and the possibility of his mothers is still raw. He cannot stand the sniveling of the court officials as they try to get favors from him so soon after his fathers death, and work behind his back to undermine him to his people and the other governments. Hector is not afraid for his own life but he fears for those he cares about and he fears things that he cannot fight openly. Hector has a very hot high dragon-ish temper but fortunately, he has a very long fuse, and it takes a lot to infuriate him. But if you do anger him in some way, you better be prepared to face the sleeping dragon. Hector is driven and held by a strict moral and honor code that he lives by and he will not break that code even if his life depended on it. Chivalry is something his Mother the queen instilled (or tried too instill) in all of her children and Hector took to it like a fish too water. This strictness for himself can sometimes make him a pain in the ass, if trickery or covert/underhanded doings are needed for anything. He used to have (and still does somewhere have ) a easygoing and fun loving nature. Because of growing up in court he does know how to play politics and has a sarcastic and acidic tongue .

Flaws: His rigid rules for himself can make him a pain in the ass for others. As a prince he does have a certain measure of haughty tendencies and will use his rank to bully those he does not like into submission (mostly the sniveling courtiers.) He also has a startling lack of magic ability of any kind- he is normal to the extreme but this can give him an upper hand over those who depend on magic. His temper can also get the better of him and he will say things he will regret when he cools down.

Power/s: Even though he cannot use magic he is still a formidable opponent. His skills have come from his bulldog tenacity to never give up and that has paid off. His swordsmanship is top notch and he is always trying to improve. In equitation he is quite capable and he loves a good breakneck gallop on his charger Tempest. Hector is highly intelligent and can read people to a certain extent and know what their are going to do before they even know. (This makes him a horrible opponent to go up against in chess.) He is a good tactician and knows the ins and outs of war like the back of his hand.

History: His history is what one would expect for a crown prince: He learned his lessons, watched his father and learned form him (the two were very close) and played the part of a powerful court official to the best of his abilities. When his father died his whole world was turned upside down and he is still reeling. He is now desperately trying to keep his crumbling country together and figure out who is behind all the upheavals that have been reported.

Up For Love? Yes and No. He has resigned himself to the fact that he will probably have an arranged marriage that will strengthen the country. He is not completely opposed to the idea as his parents had the same and grew to love one another very deeply over time. Yet he is horrible romantic and a corner of his heart still wants to fall madly, deeply and head over heels in love.

Other: Hector has an obsession with dogs, he love them all! at the moment he owns nine, and the odd thing about them is eight are mutts. He only has on purebred dog, a wolf hound and his good friend, Briac. Hector is a fan of the arts particularly music and he can sing and play the Violin quite well. Hector is left handed.

(Scar is this alright? PLEASE let me know if something isn't in keeping with your idea, I will change it! :D)
Last edited by Shadowlight on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am
eldEr says...

I should post something here so that I get notifications. <3
I'll post soon, after I find Aban. I'm not entirely sure of where he is or who he's with just yet.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

Awesome profile, Shadow! I like it. ^^

lol Isha. He'll be around, won't he? I think we should know what's going on in Court at the moment. XD

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:31 am
eldEr says...

Aban says that he'll start face/desking I'd I stick him into a court (why was I trying to spell that quort?) situation right now. I'm pretending to understand WHY that would aggravate him so much. -.-
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 am
Shadowlight says...

Scar,
should Hector know about his general who's evil? or should he be oblivious??

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:44 am
SisterItaly says...

He would be as oblivious as something oblivious.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 am
Shadowlight says...

XD
Alrighty then!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 am
SubjectBlue says...

b]Name:[/b] General Tarasel Renosdar

Rank General

Allegience: Self

Appearance: A tall- strong man- who retained power despite his age. He has gray eyes and silvering hair.
His face bare no scars, his only scars- in fact- are two identical scars on the palms of his hand/
He usually either wears battle raiment or a simple grey robe.

Personality: Very Brave, but not hasty- considerate, calm- Tarasel keeps to his cools in order to maintain in control.
He despises nobles and royalty- and consider them useless, pampered brats, but he's very attentive to the need of the common folk.
He's charismatic and manipulative- loved by his men, respected by his enemies- and he seems to have obsessive attitude towards magic.
He also is very ascetic

Flaws: For starters, he doesn't use magic- also, he isn't a bad fighter, he's quite good- considering his age, but he still isn't capable to the feats of the warriors, He also can tire, starve, and dehydrate himself as he sometimes forget take care of himself

Power/s: Extremely disciplined, he has amazing self control and an iron will- he is also very bright- and extremely charismatic, he can talk people to do anything- his followers are very loyal and love him greatly.

History:He grew up in a monastery of warriors-monks as an orphan.
He still retained his ascetic behavior.
at the age of thirteen he left the monastery and became a soldier, he was talented- tough, smart, cold, and inspiring- by the age of fifteen he was already high ranked, and by the age of 17 served body-guard/counselor to the prince- later king.
The two were very close, and Tarasel retained his position by the king, ascending in ranks- through the years.
In the age of forty three- he was the general of all his majesties armies.
It was four years later- when he finally came to the realization the king was abusing and abandoning his citizens for the nobles. he came then to a decision- the hardest one in his life- he has to throw his friend and brother in arms off the throne.
The scheme took it's time, sure, but seven years later- the tyrannic family of kings was crumbling- it was his time.

Up For Love?Not really- but I might change that.(I don't think you can ever completely rule out the chance)

Other: He is not the bad guy you might think he is- he does what he does- what he did- out of principles. He's not a power hungry usurper, In his opinion- he's a liberator.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:04 am
SubjectBlue says...

Sorry if I'm stupid- but who's on my side?
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:13 am
ScarlettFire says...

Ah, Climalsi, one of Redfang's twins. My Assassin Nasira, Amar/Soren. That's about it, I think. There's a few mages and more assassin, but they're, y'know, not characters yet. XD

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel