z

Young Writers Society

The Forest Speaks (Tears of the Forest discussion)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 am
Spyndlethread says...

A discussion for the storybook found here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035
Post characters, random ramblings, et cetera.
Last edited by Spyndlethread on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out my storybook; it needs members! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035

Insincerly, sarcastically, and nerd-i-ly,

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:26 am
Spyndlethread says...

name: Once Aktar Rey, now known to most as Beastlord
apprx age: between 17 and 20
Race: Spirit; has not figured out which form he prefers.
Animal form: A golden-brown, underfed young cougar with a broken fang.
describe appearance: He is tall and willowy with a wild mane of brown-blond hair, a sharp, hungry face and wide amber eyes.
City or forest: Lives in the forest
Personality: He is volatile, violent, and basically insane. He hasn't been able to balance the instincts within him, so he is prone to impulsive angry outbursts and destructive rampages. He hates basically everybody, himself included, and few can get close to him without being attacked or him running away. He especially hates humans. It's a pathological hatred that will be hard to get rid of. He hates to hunt or hurt any animal, so the hunter within him is constantly frustrated. Because he is also painfully shy, he can't bear to come to the Grove, but he often sits at a safe distance and watches what goes on there. He is clever when he has control of himself. He could have been a wonderful student if he hadn't been born a spirit. What he needs most is a friend, and a human to show him that people aren't so bad after all.
Biography: His parents hid him away when he was born, faking his death, because they didn't want to be questioned. He spent his days hidden away in a locked room and was only allowed outside at night, and only if he had kept quiet that day. Finally, when he was 12 or 13, he slipped away from his parents in the dead of night and headed for the east docks. There he wrapped a bandage around his eyes and hid his mark, pretending to be blind. He made a living begging in the streets. A few years later, though, he had a bad outburst and was taken to a hospital. There it was discovered that he was a spirit. He was promptly brought to the city gate and he fled into the forest. There he has lived in isolation for years, and has become something of a legend for the chaos he causes wherever he goes. Few have seen him, but many have heard of him.
Other important information: That's basically it.
Please check out my storybook; it needs members! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:42 am
Spyndlethread says...

Name: Zinnia Rise
Race: Human
Describe appearance: of middle height, muscled, with pale skin, dark eyes and straight black hair that she usually puts in a ponytail from the top of her head. Her bangs flop over her forehead.
City or Forest: One of the few who divides her time between the two
Personality: Laid-back with a slightly sardonic sense of humor, Zinnia's near-unshakable composure has gotten her through many a troubling situation. She is a master of analysis, diplomacy, and survival, and is always listening to everything around her. However, she's lonely. Having a job like hers means she gains the trust of others, but in turn can trust no one. She has many enemies and no true friends. She has cut off all contact with her family for her own safety, and her childhood friends have no idea where she is. Although she hasn't been working this job for long, she is already sick of it and wants to move on. But she can't stop listening and figuring things out. It has become a habit. She sees too much, and she knows that the only way the government would let her live with all this knowledge is if she cooperates with them. The pay is excellent and it never gets boring, but she'd like to at least be able to have a life of her own.
Biography: Zinnia started as a regular SD informant at age 13, spying on small-time criminals and gang members in the slum where her family of 8 lived. It was dangerous work, but she was good at it. Soon she began to get bigger jobs, and she started catering information to enemies of the SD and the government as well as the right side of the law. She has morals, though, and would never work with a cold-blooded killer or some other psycho like that. She began journeying into the forest this past year after cutting ties with her family. Now she is well know on both sides of the city wall, and some are beginning to think she's more trouble than she's worth.
Other: It is unclear whether she wants to work for the spirits or against them.

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 pm
Spyndlethread says...

ramble ramble ramble...I sure am running a slow business...

SPYNDLE

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

name: Arwen
apprx age: 18
Race: (If spirit, say if they prefer animal or human form.) Has not decided yet, swaps between the two.
Animal Form: A brown wolf, streaked with chesnut, and auburn. Has bright green eyes when human, amber when a wolf/
describe appearance: Tall, with brown, chesnut and auburn hair. Green eyes.
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

City or forest: Forest
Personality: Brave, determined, competative, but can come across as bossy.
Biography: She ran away after she dicovered she was a spirit, and has lived in the forest ever since.
Other important information: UP FOR LOVE!!!
Signature Pending

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:09 pm
LostMagi42 says...

CHARACTER TEMPLATE:
name: Myelina Feymoor

apprx age: 20

Race: Spirit, Prefers Human Form

Animal Form: Flying Squirrel

describe appearance: Tall, about 5' 10", Black,wavy hair, light -skinned human form, tends to wear green dresses and wears mirror sunglasses
City or forest: City

Personality: easily aggrivated, violent, is an empath, OCD, clinically depressed, moody,and has amnesia

Biography:Was born in the city, when she turned 19 she hit her head and she just woke up from an alleyway hospital. she has amnesia. She only knows her powers, her name, and that people are out to get her.

Other important information: Her birthday is hallows eve, and there are usually 2 to three disapearences that night.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:33 pm
Ranger51 says...

Ooooh... I wanna join, but for some reason I'm scared to... oh well.

I've never been in a storybook before, but here goes (this is still open, right??):

name: Mira Erim

apprx age: 16, almost 17

Race: spirit; some days human, sometimes hawk
Animal form: large tawny-brown and black hawk:
Spoiler! :

Human appearance: tall, limber; longish wavy auburn hair that matches her hawk feathers, and hazel eyes. She wears the same light grey shirt and dark jeans she donned when she ran away from home.
Spoiler! :
Like this, only with hazel eyes and thicker hair. (and a black ring around her eye, of course)

City or forest: Forest, definitely forest

Personality: Sometimes finds it hard to reach out to strangers, but she likes the company of people and loves the security of friends, although she likes to be alone and peaceful a lot too. She is very loyal and dependent on her friends, but this also makes her somewhat fragile-hearted. She has developed a love for the beauty of the forest and nature in general, and although she longs to have her family back, she doesn't undersand what's so great about the city. Although she is a peaceful person usually, she can get very emotional, and during these times often flies just to be alone. By nature she often tries to hide from problems or danger, although danger often finds her anyways. She cries easily, and most people either see her as fragile and sweet or weak and oversensitive. She's surprisingly strong and fast, though.

Biography: Mira was born in the spring on the western side of the city. Her parents tried to hide her, but when she was six she got out, innocently curious. The black ring around her right eye gave her away immediately, and she was kidnapped by a vigilante of sorts. When she didn't tell them who her parents were, they hurt her until she did, and her parents were arrested the next morning. Mira flew away into the forest and was taken (literally) under the wing of a natural hawk, who taught her how to survive in the wild.

Other important information: She has a phobia of snakes. Up for love!

So, yeah... here goes! *squeezes eyes shut and clicks submit button*
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

53 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:34 pm
Ranger51 says...

Oh, snap.... are the pictures showing up on your computers? Pleease tell me it's just my laptop being screwed up! :shock:

Oh - also! Would anyone like to be friends with Mira? She's kind of lonely right now...
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

6 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 pm
Spyndlethread says...

Ranger51 wrote:Oh, snap.... are the pictures showing up on your computers? Pleease tell me it's just my laptop being screwed up! :shock:

Oh - also! Would anyone like to be friends with Mira? She's kind of lonely right now...

I'm thinking maybe she could become acquainted with Aktar... XD
Also, the pictures are not showing up, perhaps try re-posting them?

SPYNDLE

53 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:04 pm
Ranger51 says...

That sounds awesome!

I've already tried reposting the pictures ... they wouldn't show up in the draft, either, so I thought it was just my computer.
-Fahrenheit 451

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm

What about Arwen? >>
Signature Pending

53 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:26 am
Ranger51 says...

Sure! Sounds great!
-Fahrenheit 451

6 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:05 am
Spyndlethread says...

PrincessOfDarkness wrote:What about Arwen? >>

Huh. This is a predicament. Is she engaged with another character yet?

SPYNDLE

42 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:08 am

Nope :)
Signature Pending

53 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 am
Ranger51 says...

Spyndlethread wrote:
PrincessOfDarkness wrote:What about Arwen? >>

Huh. This is a predicament. Is she engaged with another character yet?

Wait a minute... how is that a predicament?
-Fahrenheit 451

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson