z

Young Writers Society

Desperate to Survive DT

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
AquaMarine says...

Rawr! Discussion thread smell *sniff*.

Ok, so this is for RainingSunshine's storybook. I think I'm helping out with it. :D

You know what to do here, so get plotting!
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 pm
Knurla says...

yay for plots!
Formerly known as AmberAngst

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 pm
Kamas says...

Apparently I'm modding it along with Aqua! Take it away!
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Mizzle says...

(xD, thanks Kamas and Aqua! I might mod a little if there's no one on, but Kamas and Aqua are the main mods)
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

367 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:28 am
Mizzle says...

Sitting inside the quarantined cell she'd been moved to from the place she was forced to live in for those very few days in the testing center. All the memories leading up to where she was now flashed before her eyes, paining her.
There was the night she had been looking for scraps of dropped money on the New York City sidewalks, like she usually did for it was her only way to receive money, and the lights when out. Like, out out. There was no light, except in the alleys where you could see some other homeless folks' fires still burning, even though they most were out in Alley 51. Most of the time, Rowan kept from thinking of herself as homeless, though she was living in a cardboard box in an alleyway. She much more preferred underprivileged. Well, it was a power outage--the largest one in New York. Most of the homeless had come together on what they called Alley 51, for it was Tuesday night, the night they traded anything they had for anything they needed. Rowan herself had been on her way there, just looking for extra things on the way. She quickly started to walk a little faster towards Alley 51, and reached it soon. She noticed two others come into the alley behind her, and then one more, but that was it. The rest of the homeless that participated in Alley 51 Trading were there, all except...Brianna, her best friend. Rowan knew Brianna would be okay, or at least, she hoped; Brianna was strong and tough, and never lost a fight she wanted to win. Nonetheless, Brianna had a major fear of the dark, and this power outage...Rowan crossed her fingers and sat down at the small circle of Alley 51 Trading. In the center was a small fire, kept going by the one person that never left Alley 51: Ida Jones. Ida had been living on the streets her whole life, and had been the founder of Alley 51. Ida, now old and wrinkly, was fierce but frail. She made sure all trades were fair. Most of the time.
The fire was burning and cast an orange glow around the alley. Rowan's shadow, as well as others, was casted upon the crumbling brick walls of the Alley.
Rowan's seat in the circle was against one of the brick walls, and tonight, Rowan greatly appreciated this. She leaned back against the wall, the coolness of it relaxing her. Still, she worried about Brianna. This would be Brianna's nightmare, a power outage. Rowan bit her lip, wondering if she should go retrieve Brianna from where she lived on Alley 97, another highly known alley (known for the fights that took place there. Started by Brianna, of course...)
But Rowan wouldn't have to make that decision, for soon in her memory in would walk seven government officials in black suits, as well as one doctor in a white coat. The homeless were trapped against the back wall of Alley 51. No way out. Even outside of the memory, Rowan was trembling...
The main in the doctor's coat spoke in a razor blade voice. "Take them. The kids...teens, as well. Leave the adults. They're useless."
The men in the suit moved forward, and Rowan didn't even fight. Why should she?

The memory faded away, and now Rowan's next memory was the testing center. All she remembered here was the vagueness, pain, needles, and barely ever waking. It was...disorienting.

Now, Rowan sat in a quarintined chamber in a long since deserted countryside. They'd, all of them, been cast aside like deflected models.
That's what they were.
Defects...
Useless, cast-aside defects.
✯ ✯ ✯

367 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 am
Mizzle says...

(Up there was a foreshadow from her view, but not really, telling the background. Here's the start. I'll now do the rest from her point of view! Here we go!)

The cell was clean, yes, and brightly lit with lights that never faltered from their white glow. At least they cared somewhat about sanity; but that was only because they had to come here once in awhile to check on us. It was every Tuesday they came to check on us, but the guards never left. It's not like we were going to escape; half of us were doubled over, coughing our lungs out. The guards wore masks, and...'stuff' to prevent contact with the disease the testers had thrown upon us.
They left us alone, and we left them alone.
It worked that way. They could guard us, get big bucks, and we could slowly and painfully die from a disease. A disease. I was going to die, I knew it...it was hard to think of my death, so many things I hadn't done.
Injustice is what I thought, this world full of it.
But I could never make a change like I'd always dreamed of making; for now I was going to die. I could feel the beginning of the disease coursing through my veins.
Unstoppable.
✯ ✯ ✯

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:04 pm
Princess says...

I'm going to respond to this in the actual storybook forum ^.^
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

367 Reviews

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 am
Mizzle says...

Princess, actually, we are doing it in here, I believe...so others can sign up. ;)
✯ ✯ ✯

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Other people can sign up here, and we do the SB in the actual SB thread itself. That's how it normally works. ;)
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm
Kamas says...

Mizzle I apologize but I'm a little busy to mod.
I'm not good with keeping up with many things. I have homework, school, sports etc. Also I've recieved requests from quite a few people to create a new storybook when my current one is over.

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to mod this one. But you have Amy so your in good hands.

So sorry,

Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:04 pm
AquaMarine says...

Rawr! I can now use this storybook for my own evil ends. *sniggers*

And what new storybook? 'Cause I'm so in xD
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

367 Reviews

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 am
Mizzle says...

I'm in, as well. And Kamas--it is fine! xD.

Oh my. *wonders what Aqua will do....agh!*
✯ ✯ ✯

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:50 am
TexanWriter says...

I'm all caught up, I've learned the profiles, but now I must echo what so many before me have said. "Can someone pull me in please?" If I could have a buddy, perhaps? Sorry for being a pest.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

367 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:41 am
Mizzle says...

sure rowan will
✯ ✯ ✯

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.