z

Young Writers Society

Secret Identity DT

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Jetpack says...

Click here for the storybook!

This is the discussion thread for the Secret Identity storybook. Any friendships, relationships, arguments - well, anything - can be discussed here before you write about them. Don't plan every moment though, since we don't want to get too bogged down in subplots of subplots of subplots. ;)

Also, don't discuss the team name here yet. I'd like to hear your own suggestions through your characters, because that's the point we'll start at. Meanwhile, you can talk about the design of the HQ (headquarters) if you want. I'm thinking big circular arena, kind of like the Roman amphitheatres, for some reason, but that wouldn't just be lying around for use by a bunch of teens in the night. Shoot with your own ideas if you want.

Storybook starts on the 13th September!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 pm
Bloo says...

Jet, sorry, I wasn't sure if they knew each others real identities. Fixed it though.

Also I edited the costume to just the hoodie thing.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

197 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:00 pm
Jetpack says...

Okays, Bolt. Thanks for doing that! I'm still trying to think up a profile myself, so you guys have ages to mess with your profiles and suchlike. I would post mine now, but as yet she's a girl and I don't want to throw the ratio out anymore. I think we're up to 6 girls and 3 boys? It's getting there. :)

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 pm
Buggy says...

Hey, if you've got a great girl character and you can't really change her gender without screwing something up, go ahead and post I say. I think the ratio's going to be off either way. But if, say, someone just wanted to make a girl character, hasn't come up with it yet, and could just as easily make a male, it would probably be best for them to make a guy.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 pm
Buggy says...

This really belongs here:

Nick/Mynah's free to be friends with whoever. It'd be pretty ironic if he were unknowingly fighting against the people he hangs out with at school as a villain.

WARNING: I will not be able to get on tonight or tomorrow (might be able to sneak a post in tomorrow night though...). This won't matter too much since we're not starting until sunday anyhow.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

197 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:20 pm
Jetpack says...

Thanks for the advice, Buggy. I think I'll go ahead and figure out the insides of my character, then. After all, we don't need to have all the girls falling in love with their designated significant other. That wouldn't be much of a storybook, hehe. Still, if an idea for a guy hits me, I'll go with that one.

Yeah, Nick should end up hanging around with the really dedicated good guys. Anyone want to volunteer? I might, when I sort out my character. You know what, I'm going to do that now, rather than spamming up the threads. :P

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:21 pm
Moo says...

I PMed Buggy and asked about that, Jet. :P I just wanted to ask first :)
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 pm
Buggy says...

Yay! Nick could be friends with both characters if you want!

197 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 pm
Jetpack says...

Yeah, I'm nearly done. Just wanted to make sure of something... Nick's the only villain so far?

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 pm
Moo says...

Cool. Thanks Buggy :)
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

197 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm
Jetpack says...

My profile will be up tomorrow morning. Glad to see you guys are sorting out friendships though! :D

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:55 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

I'd like Kara to be friends with Nick/Mynah. It should be very interesting, because one, her mood swings are very unique, and she's the only one around who gets them, and two, she's very protective of her friends, and values them very highly. Yes, it'll be very interesting... :twisted:
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 am
Threnody says...

Hayley would adore being friends with Kara.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:03 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Sounds good to me. :D
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:22 am
AquaMarine says...

I would say Java could be close friends with Nick because he is very, very dedicated to the job, so if he found out there would be a lot of conflict. But it would take away the whole point of enemies being friends if all of them are friends with him!
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

You're a hairy, wizard!
— EllieMae