z

Young Writers Society

GT Plot Discussion

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue May 01, 2007 7:46 pm
misspriss says...

Okay, so lets see if I get this straight...Becky and Sirloaz are captured? Why are Ria and Kira following them?

I was thinking...maybe instead of Alana being introduced in town, maybe she could hitch a ride with the guards who are taking Becky and Sirloaz somewhere (and where is that?). I'm thinking the gaurds aren't supposed to allow anyone to accompany them, but they figure they have a long ride and might like some "female company".

What do you think? I'm not very clued in, as to what is going on, so if I'm totally messing everything up, let me know! :-)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue May 01, 2007 7:50 pm
Ego says...

The idea is that part of the original group has been captured and tossed into a jail Harris throws people she wants to disappear.

It's highly unlikely the guards would let Alana in without a very, very good reason.

I'm thinking the town the group is heading to is a front for this prison. Like...the prison is beneath the town, while most of the town's men are experienced soldiers posig as townspeople.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Tue May 01, 2007 7:59 pm
misspriss says...

Hmm. Okay. I guess I'll wait then.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 01, 2007 8:01 pm
Ego says...

How come? Just because she can't get into the prison doesn't mean she can't interact with the people in town. You can get an intro post in, if nothing else, right?
Got YWS? I do.

Random avatar

Tue May 01, 2007 8:05 pm
misspriss says...

Oh, yes, well...I suppose so! :D You're awesome, Hunter!

EDIT:

Oh darn, my mom is home and she is going to make me do my chores. But I SHALL post later! Woot.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue May 01, 2007 9:42 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Ria and Kira aren't following anyone at the moment, but they are heading for the town.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Wed May 02, 2007 5:25 pm
misspriss says...

Okay, I'm about to post on Alana. I was thinking...in the future, this is how Alana would become part of the group or whatever.

Someone (one of the group) comes into the tavern/bar (maybe for a drink), and the person and Alana meet for some reason, and one thing leads to another...

I'm thinking Alana becomes curious, and follows the person back or something, and then becomes involved when she overhears too much. So they have to take her along. Or something like that.

*sigh* Yeah, my creative juices aren't flowing very steadily.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed May 02, 2007 5:34 pm
sabradan says...

Valin will be in the tavern, returning to his rogue roots. I was thinking he observes for a while, and sees Ria meet this contact or whatever, and possibly finds Finn (working in the tavern/inn?) and somehow they meet up and hatch a plot or something. I dunno. I'll put up an intro post.

Edit: I'll do it in a lil bit.

Alright guys, sorry for the delay, but I have to get off to work now, and I wasn't able to post earlier because my computer is retarded. So HOPEFULLY I'll post after work, if not, tomorrow morning.
Last edited by sabradan on Wed May 02, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Random avatar

Wed May 02, 2007 6:25 pm
misspriss says...

Yay! I posted my first post on Alana. *go me, go me*

Oh. Uh. :D Sorry.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu May 03, 2007 12:37 am
Dynamo says...

I made my first post for Zel. He's going to save Alana from the drunks. Funny thing is, he's drunk to. But being drunk is good for him if he's in a fight so the other guys are in trouble.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun May 06, 2007 7:19 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Here's my thinking.

It's too early to have a full out fight. If the group is going to fight, they need a reason to fight together.

So, this is what I think should happen.

1. Alana overhears Finn and Valin's plans and wants to help them (maybe she's just silly that way?)

2. Valin, Finn and Alana head back to Valin's room to talk it over (WTG Valin!) when they are intercepted by Ria, who gets them in her room instead.

3. They talk more about the situation there. Valin wants a guy along, someone strong and dependable. Alana says she knows just the person. So Zel is brought into the picture.

4. Dreffan and company realize that Valin isn't coming. He remembers the lady from the bar and connects the dots. They burst into the room, but they're all ready gone. Valin recovers his stuff during the time they are trashing Ria's room, and then they're off.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Sun May 06, 2007 2:40 pm
misspriss says...

Hmm. Alana can be selfish and unfeeling. Somehow I don't think she would just up and want to help them. I think her curiousity should be aroused, so she follows them back to wherever, and overhears their *plan*. So now she knows too much, and they have to take or with them, or just kill her. I'm guessing you guys will take her with you. :) Oh, and perhaps she could overhear the plan while they're in Valin's room (an open window or cracked door), but get caught as they go into Ria's. Or something.

Though I think it would be funny if she is completely unwilling at first, and you have to practically drag her along as a prisoner for a while. :D

576 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 06, 2007 4:49 pm
Ego says...

I've a problem with Grif's latest idea. A couple, actually.

1) Dreffan is not in the city to initiate contact with the party.

2) Dreffan's bodyguards don't talk.

3) As such, Dreffan has no need to communicate with them.

That said, this is an idea I discussed with Fand;

In the tavern, Dreffan and his Bloodguard buy a room for the night, and then Dreffan orders the Bloodguard upstairs with a wave of his hand. Dreffan then sits down for a drink. On his way up to get another, he bumps into Finn, and apologizes with a pleasant smile. What she doesn't realize is he's slipped a note into her dress, somewhere (doesn't really matter where).

In the morning, Dreffan and his guards go to the Prison to talk to the prisoners he's going to release (Becky, Adrian, and whomever else they are associating with in the prison). He releases them, then requests an audience with Harris.

If he gets it, he kills her.

If he doesn't, whatever. It's not that important.

Anyway. Meanwhile, Finn has found the note in her pocket. Whatever it says, she pissed about it. Very pissed. And ready to rock and roll.

Eventually, Adrian and Becky reunite with the party, very confused as to why they've been released.

Dreffan finds them soon after, to reveal himself officially.
Got YWS? I do.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun May 06, 2007 6:51 pm
Jennafina says...

I don't see why the group would drag along Alana without a better reason. Some members obviously don't have a problem with harming the semi-innocent, like the drunks. Maybe they could be about to kill Alana, then Finn could object? Then Alana would owe Finn her life, which might confuse her because of the whole uncaring thing.

This is kind of small, but could Ria have Becky's sword? I said that she dropped it in the cemetery. Ria could have seen it underpriced in a flea market somewhere, recognized its worth, and bought it as a spare. When she meets Becky she could either give it to her, or not. Maybe she could save it for a reward for Becky if she improves at combat. If this doesn't work, that's okay.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun May 06, 2007 7:24 pm
Fand says...

I agree with Jenna. I think this is how it should go:

Alana maybe overhears something Finn and Valin say as she's serving someone near them. When she sees them go upstairs, she's curious and follows, eavesdropping. It's not a very quality inn, so she should be able to just press her ear to the door and hear something... I doubt Valin would be stupid enough to leave the door cracked. Actually... on second thought, maybe she starts to eavesdrop at Ria's door when she sees Finn and Valin go in there; I mean, obviously they're an odd trio, she's going to be curious. She listens then. Finn would probably object to having someone killed outright, but she has a lot of respect for Valin's opinion and if he said it had to be done she'd probably go along with it. Ria, on the other hand, doesn't exactly seem like the sort to want to have eavesdroppers killed off willy-nilly.

Valin then decides that since Ria won't let him dispose of Alana, she'd better come with them--sort of a "keep your enemies" closer deal, because obviously he's going to suspect her of working for one of the factions that wants him dead.

...What thinkest thou?
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves