The Price of Freedom [OOC]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:01 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Ooh I shall work on mine this weekend! ^^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:13 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Question: Can the post be set directly after Kate interacts with said character?
She who calls the stars to shine

Random avatar

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:16 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Also is it okay if the first post includes a little about the book Ananta's reading?

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:05 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank you @JazzElectrobass! The post was lovely!

ANd sounds good @Spearmint!

@Zyria yes absolutely you can to both of those. The only real rule is that you have to end the post before we land the ship. You can mention your character asking Kate how long there's to go and the answer being around 5 minutes as the latest!

@herbalhour @WeepingWisteria and @Leya Just a lil' poke for everyone else! I'll be on the pad all day today if anyone needs to collab with Kate or Susan or Vankous for the post!

Edit: If at some point I'm on the pad but not responding just tag me in this thread!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:07 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Oop! Thank you for reminding me! I'll get it in by tomorrow night :D
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

4103 Reviews

Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:14 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sounds good @Leya!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4103 Reviews

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:23 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Awesome post @Spearmint!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4103 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Lovely post @Leya and @WeepingWisteria!

I love how like four characters have cried already and we haven't even landed xD
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:57 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Brinley wasn’t going to but then people started being nice to her. What was she supposed to do? React like a functional human being?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4103 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:56 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A couple of questions to everyone!

Can your character fly? If so how?

If they can't fly, could they survive a fall from 30,000ft? How would they survive? What state would they survive in?

Can your character traverse a large vertical distance like that by any other means such as perhaps a teleport or mechanical contraption they happen to have on them? And I mean physically; so if they can travel a large distance in a spirit form but can't move their body with them, that does not count.

This is important for the landing post :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Ooh, okay. Brinley can’t fly, but she can survive a 30k ft drop. She would feel all of the negative effects of the fall for a couple of minutes but then she’ll heal right up and be completely fine.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:41 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

i shall answer these writing as Jen xD

1. *gestures at herself and quirks an eyebrow* I appreciate that you're somehow considering the possibility that I'm concealing fantastic powers, but I assure you, I am only an average human. So that's a no to the flying.

2. No. N. O. I signed up to possibly get a chance at getting home to my sister's kids, not to be dropped from 30,000 feet. I've never wanted to skydive, thanks. Honestly, from that height, assuming the place we're landing has an atmosphere, I'd probably burn up like a meteor. Nothing left of me except a few sad little atoms.

3. You don't have to rub my lack of powers and technology in, you know. I could try to use my clothes to make a weak attempt at a parachute, but at 30,000 feet, I might as well save what's left of my dignity and just not. I'd die anyways.

Poor Jen be powerless XDD
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 am
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

Answering in Killian's POV

1. If there is air, yes. I sort of just y'know, buoy myself with air. If there's no air, well I suppose there's no atmosphere, and I'd die.

2. Depends, if I have nothing to use I'd die. If there's air I could survive, or if there is like a parachute of some sort.

3. Only if there is air. If not I'm good as dead.
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

Random avatar

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:55 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Can your character fly? If so how?
In her normal form, yes, she can fly. She possesses a pair of wings that help her control air-pressure and currents.

If they can't fly, could they survive a fall from 30,000ft? How would they survive? What state would they survive in?
Well, in her human form she wouldn't survive a 30,000 foot drop. She'd die from the impact.

Can your character traverse a large vertical distance like that by any other means such as perhaps a teleport or mechanical contraption they happen to have on them? And I mean physically; so if they can travel a large distance in a spirit form but can't move their body with them, that does not count.
Well, if her wings don't work, she might be able to transform her body structure to suite air travel.

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria