82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:04 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

champions.png

Slots:

Spoiler! :

1. Child of Ares/Aphrodite: Josephine (@Leya)
2. Child of Chaos/Nyx: Aiónios (@APoltergeist)
3. Child of Dionysus/Hestia:Hymnn(@herbalhour)
4. Child of Apollo/Calliope:Helena (@Lovestrike)
5. Child of Zephyrus/Iris: Kallisophos (@Spearmint)
6. Child of Hades/Hecate:Diabolus (@Leya)
7. Child of Chronos/Eros: Dyal (@herbalhour)
8. Child of Artemis/Hemera: Penthesilia (@FluorescentAnt)
9. Child of Hera/Zeus: Stefania (@KateHardy)
10. Child of Soteria/Hercules: Deianria (@WeepingWisteria)
11. Child of Athena/Mnemosyne: Evripidis (@Spearmint)
12. Child of Hermes/Penelope: Arpeggio (@JazzElectrobass)
13. Child of Hephaestus/Aglaea: Malto (@JazzElectrobass)

Mentors:

Spoiler! :
Champion: Josephine
Mentor: Theseus
    Description: As the King of Athens and son of Aegeus, The Athenian Hero killed the Minotaur in the Cretan Labyrinth and fought the fire-breathing bull of Marathon.

Champion: Aiónios
Mentor: Atalanta
    Description: Atalanta was a skilled human huntress in Greek mythology. She was a devoted follower of Artemis, goddess of the hunt, and swore an oath of virginity to show her devotion. Left in the forest to die by her father, Atalanta was saved by a bear and raised by hunters.

Champion: Hymnn
Mentor: Orpheus
    Description: A legendary bard and prophet. He taught Hymnn how to play the harp and lyre. He also taught Hymnn to use words as opposed to fighting.

Champion: Diabolus
Mentor: Medea
    Description: Medea is often considered to be a Sorceress and known to be the priestess of the Goddess Hecate. She is well known for her part in the Journey of the hero Jason and the Argonauts and the Golden fleece. She is also known to have healed Jason and aided him in the different tasks which had to be performed before he could obtain the Golden fleece.

Champion: Dyal
Mentor: Odysseus
    Description: A(n) (in)famous hero in Greek Mythology known for tricking the Cyclops Polyphemus. This basically made him known for his wit and quick thinking, as well as his ability to reason.

Champion: Helena
Mentor: Tiresias
    Description:
    A blind prophet, but the circumstances of his vision loss is heavily debated. He was gifted clairvoyance and a lifespan of seven lives by Zeus. He was also said to be able to communicate with the dead.

Champion: Stefania
Mentor: Achilles
    Description: Achilles, the pride of Greece, known for being an unnatural fury on the battlefield, only leaving broken corpses in his wake. Stefania learned how to leave no enemies standing, but also how pride and expectations could be her downfall. Achilles warned her of how her title could be her doom, and she's learned to embrace at least a little humility and carry a sense of humanity to keep her grounded.

Champion: Deianria
Mentor: Patroclus
    Description: Patroclus, the one who stood by and died for Achilles. Though, despite him being known as Achilles' second, Patroclus was a powerful fighter in his own right, some stories saying he had the fastest fists in Myrmidons. Patroclus taught Deianria how to fight, but also to be ready to die for what matters most.

Champion: Kallisophos
Mentor: Perseus
    Description:
    Son of Zeus and the mortal Danaë. He beheaded the Gorgon Medusa (using a polished shield to avoid looking directly at the Gorgon), saved Andromeda from the sea monster Cetus by using Medusa's head to turn it to stone, and founded the Perseid dynasty.

Champion: Penthesilia
Mentor: Prometheus
    Description:
    He stole fire from Olympus in order to let the people on Earth be warm. Everyone became warm because of him, but he was brutally punished because I stole from the super sacred hearth. He has the power of forethought and he's also a good craftman.

Champion: Arpeggio
Mentor: Chiron
    Description: This centaur is the wisest of his kind, and has been trusted to train many great heroes. He has shown Arpeggio how to best use what she has on hand, such as speed and endurance against muscle. He has also shown her how to wield a sword and shoot using a bow and arrows.

Champion: Malto
Mentor: Archimedes
    Description:Archimedes was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, astronomer, and inventor. He has shown Malto how to be creative, but also to follow the facts. He cannot aid much in teaching him to fight.

Champion: Evripidis
Mentor: Daedalus
    Description:
Architect and craftsman. Created the Labyrinth that imprisoned the Minotaur. Made wings for himself and his son Icarus to escape, but Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell. Now, Daedalus attempts to teach Ev, but... well, suffice it to say that Ev has never been popular with teachers.

Map:

Spoiler! :

Last edited by Ley on Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:32 pm, edited 72 times in total.
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:11 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

Hello :) This is the interesting thing I saw, then it disappeared. Glad to see it's back!

May I reserve a spot?
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
1:23 ━━━━●───── 2:28
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

82 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:35 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Yes! @APoltergeist ! I messed up and posted this in the OOC section instead of Storybook section so I had to repost :) What character were you thinking of creating? Any thought on what two parents you'll be using?

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

10 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:50 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

The two parents (if allowed); Some mix between either Chaos, Nyx, or Chronos. I love 'em so much. BUT if that's too much of an odd combination (or overpowered? As primordial gods, I'm not sure if that's allowed haha) I will probably do;

Pan and Eris, because I also love those two so much :D
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

82 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:57 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

@APoltergeist, Two parents are required :) Unless your character was created through one god, like Poseidon did with Aphrodite. I think it would be interesting to have a character with two primordial gods, as long as their powers aren't too overpowered. You would also need to keep in mind how old you're character will be, as they're like the base of all gods.

Chronos would be interesting too! I love Chronos as well. You can check out my character profile for Josephine at the Storybook if you need something to go by!

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

10 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:00 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

Yep, noted! Nyx and Chaos would be a cool mix, I thinkBut like- Chronos is so cool too. The one parent thing would be cool, and I would definitely not have overpowered powers. I'm not the biggest fan of OP characters pfft.

Lookwise for age, I'd say somewhere in the ranges of early twenties, and actual age...uh, working on that ^^''

Edit: I am a total failure of a Mythology nerd. I forgot Chaos isn't really considered god/goddess and is literally just the creator of creation, basically. Oops-
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

82 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:22 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

I trust you and whatever you decide! :) I'm excited to see what you create!

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

10 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:27 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

It's going to be a bit sloppy at first, as a warning ;) but I do think I'm ready to begin the messy process of hyper fixating on research and the fine art of character creation.
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

82 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Sloppy is okay! You can always go back and revise it! :)

And trust me, when I first started writing my novel revolving this plot I went back to a million websites about Greek mythology lore before I actually started writing anything XD
Also, I posted the first post from Josephine's point of view to help set the tone for the SB.

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

10 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

I have a feeling I will be revising a lot :')

Yes! I saw that! It is very interesting and your writing style is very fluid, I love it. I'm not the best of writers, so I'm afraid anything I write will look paltry in comparison but I am excited to write with you :>

Also, before I forgot, the parent thing is going to be...weird...and when I send in my character, if you've got questions or just want a better explanation, I will be happy to oblige.
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

82 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:47 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

There's no such thing! Everyone's writing style is different :) I'm sure your posts will be great. Let me know if you have any other questions between now and writing your character profile!

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:53 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

hello!1! wondering if i could join this ...

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:57 pm
View Likes
Lovestrike says...

Hi! Can I join? :D
Didn’t Sappho say her guts clutched up like this?
[Solstice, she/her]

10 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:20 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

@Leya I'm done, does it look right to you? Any immediate concerns?
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

82 Reviews

Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:16 am
View Likes
Ley says...

@teatiime @Lovestrike Of course you can! Any ideas for who your character's parents will be?

@APoltergeist I Loveeee Nio already! I'm thinking him and Josephine are complete opposites, and that may be a good love scenario ;) Also, you gave him enough faults that he isn't too powerful-- yet he still has that violent side to him, which I'm obsessed with. Well done! :)

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns