z

Young Writers Society

A typical Apocalypse [OOC]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:53 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I'll make a pad tomorrow (sometime in the afternoon PST) so we can hang out and brainstorm! Feel free to pop in anytime =P or catch up later!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:37 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Here's da pad link!

https://spearmint.writerfeedpad.com/59

I'll be in there for 20 minutes or so~ will be back later/tomorrow!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:48 am
Spearmint says...

Here are the worldbuilding notes I made!

Spoiler! :
EHU headquarters
  • The HQ is on a space station in Umarian orbit. There are entrances all over the planet, commonly hidden in seedy apartment buildings and alleyways behind bakeries. These entrances are portals with biometric scanning (could be an iris scan, fingerprint, etc.) that only reveal themselves to members of the EHU. All it takes is a casual glance at a brick, a lean against a wall, and then a blink later, you're in the HQ.
  • The HQ is decorated in soft shades of blue and purple. (For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to say that Umarians are similar enough to humans that colors and scents work the same way, though feel free to invent new foods and things.) It has a sleek feel to it, and if you listen closely, you can hear a faint humming in the walls. It comes with an AI personality called Allen, who's like a posh, professional assistant. Allen is simply a voice in the walls that can give you reminders, tell you how to operate mechanisms, and things like that.
  • When you teleport in, you arrive in a small, circular room. There's a hallway leading out to a larger circular room, called the Center. This place is like the hub in a wheel-- there are hallways extending from the Center to the other areas of the space station. It's bare of furniture, though there is a column in the center with a directory to help people navigate. (Though Allen can help with voice directions as well, and there are signs above the hallways.)
  • We'll be meeting in the Crisis Room, which is down the hallway directly across from the place you arrive in. Feel free to skip ahead to walking into the Crisis Room!
  • The Crisis Room is set up with a long table in the center. There's a holographic projector at one end. The director of the EHU will be arriving to brief you on the situation shortly. ;)

On Umarians
  • Umarians are like the human equivalent on Umaria. They've developed a technologically advanced civilization. Two eyes, two arms, etc. Unless they have like some kind of technology added on to their bodies? Idk, if you want to make your character a cyborg, go for it.
  • There are also various creatures, which I'll make up later... Or if you would like to invent them, feel free! Just start typing on a new bullet point. =P I'm thinking at least one kind has to seem scary to humans...

A note on space travel
  • The Umarians have mainly focused on travel close to their planet, because they believed it was a better use of resources to use satellites to understand more about their planet and moons (2 moons) than other solar systems which are light-years away.
  • However, the EHU does occasionally receive communications from other planets and possibly universes...

Main things: in your intro post, please describe your character getting summoned to the EHU Headquarters, which are on a space station orbiting Umaria. You can start them off as they take a portal there, or as they walk into the Crisis Room (basically like a meeting room). The Director (roleplayed by me) will be giving you all a briefing shortly. =P
Your character is vaguely humanoid and can be a cyborg!

Feel free to start getting your characters submitted~
(I'll get mine done tomorrow probably, if you want an example. ^^)
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:16 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Alrighty, my hacker character is up! =P
Let me know if you have questions while making your characters. :]
mint, she/her

=D

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:04 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

I shall get started on making my character! Also yours sounds cool. cyborgs are fun
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

245 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:52 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Vallah looks great, @LadyMysterio!! Super cool appearance, and her weapons work sounds fascinating :D

Reminder to get your characters submitted, if you haven't already~!
@WeepingWisteria @foxmaster @LuminescentAnt @winterwolf0100 @Lovestrike
mint, she/her

=D

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:48 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Is it okay if I call my charachter Org Borg?

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:10 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Totally! =P
mint, she/her

=D

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:50 pm
View Likes
Lovestrike says...

Hi! A lot of life things have happened, so I don't think I can continue this. I'll be dropping out. I'm so so so sorry! >.<
Didn’t Sappho say her guts clutched up like this?
[Solstice, she/her]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:30 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

@Spearmint, Can I be the unpaid intern with unrefined magic powers that either result in awesomeness or unbridled chaos?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:34 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@Lovestrike - No worries! Life comes first ^^ Hope things go well <3

@WeepingWisteria - Yes. >:D Go wild xD
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:07 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

*pokity poke* c:

Reminder to submit characters~ ;) As always, feel free to reach out with any ideas or questions! <333
(And if you feel that you don't have time for this rp anymore, it's totally alright to drop out <3 life comes first ^^)

mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:15 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Sorry!! I keep forgetting - I am creating my character now. But I have a question - what’s the age limit? Just wondering because I wanted to make someone who is like 16
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:29 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

No worries!! I mentioned that it'd probably be best if they were over 18 because they have a job, but your character could be an intern or some kind of prodigy or something ^^
mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:33 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Okay thanks!
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus