z

Young Writers Society

Desert of an alien world(OOC)

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:59 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Of course you can! This is an open-world RP, so the more the better! Looks like I need to fix my roof though, if people can jump through it...

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:16 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

You probably should. A lot of OOCs are very easy to infiltrate. So, what exactly do you mean by open-world? Do we just run around? Cause ~problems~?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:51 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

It's just like...you make your own decisions, I guess. There's no static plot--it's up to you and what you want to add to the story. You can interact with me and my characters, or just run with the prompt and make something your own. I'm fairly new to this, though, so go easy on me ^-^

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:15 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Cool! I guess we can also discuss here if we want to organize some larger plot or something. :D Just a question— is the person Qitalk discovers one of our characters?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:21 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Yes, they would be one of your characters. It's just a few paragraphs to get the writing going.

245 Reviews

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:14 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Lavi has been submitted! ^^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:32 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

So cool! She has been approved ^-^
Tall, gangly, and clumsy...they kind of remind me of myself lol.

245 Reviews

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:45 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Thanks! And XDD
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:02 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Okay, so I assumed that Qitalk is not Sinovan, but is there a name for the people he does belong to? xD We might want to note down some worldbuilding, maybe in the first post of the OOC, or in a writerfeedpad…
Also, Makarta is the name of the city that Lavi lives in! I’m imagining it as a bustling place that’s like a trading hub for people from all over. C:
mint, she/her

=D

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:24 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Yes, that's a good idea. So, Qitalk is part of a tree-dwelling species called Sinu. They weave the fibers of the trees they live in into silks that they trade in the Oasis, which is a city in the middle of the desert and where the Sinovans live. Oasis is built over an old meteor crash site. The meteor brought some sort of blue energy with it when it crashed, and the Sinovans are working on harnessing that power. Qitalk's pistol is Sinovan and the canisters it uses are made of that same blue energy, allowing it to fire bolts of light instead of bullets, kind of like Star Wars.

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:45 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Oh, and a quick bit about Sinovans--they are a formerly tree-dwelling species as well, but part of them broke off and went to live in the desert after the asteroid hit. They used to live in the rainforest, where they would pull humidity from the air with their axolotl-like gills that stick out from either side of their face. They are not the largest species, but they are generally bigger than the Sinu(who are usually around 5 feet in height). Their skin can be anything from navy blue to grey-green and can have various markings similar to those of tree leaves or ripples. They are mostly nocturnal due to the hot nature of the desert and given their need for humidity, generally stay inside the palace where they have created their own sort of pocket ecosystem. The Ceir, a winged species related to the Fyeri, does a lot of their work for them.

245 Reviews

Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:04 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Woah okay, love the worldbuilding so far! =D Do you have any species in mind that would be tall with paler skin, like Lavi? Or should I invent one?

Also, @WeepingWisteria, feel free to jump in whenever! =P
mint, she/her

=D

Random avatar

Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:31 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Currently I do not have any species like Lavi, feel free to make your own! I would love to see what you come up with!

245 Reviews

Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:50 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Okay, awesome! ^-^

Gonna tag @HarryHardy and rope her into this RP too (because it’s just the law now that you gotta come make a character to be Wist’s charrie’s soulmate =P)
mint, she/her

=D

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:53 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Welp I've been summoned... *gives in* xD

Would there perhaps be space for one more in this rp?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein