Young Writers Society

Lux Academy OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:13 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm drafting up both a summary of initiation events so far and a new roleplay challenge c: its been fun re-reading the initiation XD did you know we had a flashlight in our backpacks? huh... maybe i should utilize that XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:24 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Greetings Initiates - Summary of Initiation so far

Initiation has started, The floor underneath the students disappeared and they all fall into darkness. The initiation arena is surrounded by walls of fast flowing water and is split into three different areas - a mountain side on the left with several openings into the mines below, a destroyed city with dim stadium lights on each end, and a large forest on the right with small but deep ponds and some swampy areas.
Once all students have safely landed, they are informed through Headmistress Fea's voice that they are searching not for a way out, but for a jewel crystal. That will be their only way to complete initiation. Most students fall to the middle of the city. A student lights up the way into the city. As the students fall, after a bit of wandering, Fea comes back on the loudspeaker to announce that Voidborn have been released.

All students have been given a big. Contents include
- Two water bottles, one empty and one full
- Spool of rope
- Flint and steel
- A flashlight
- Two glowsticks
- A thin, itchy blanket
- A flare
- A whistle, for EMERGENCY ONLY

Era Team
We are first introduced to Railyn, the first of the Era Group.
He bumps into Aapeli early on. The two of them venture past the city to the short forest before the mountain. Railyn and Pel run into a combative Francois -- a bombastic boy with exploding knives. In the middle of the fight with Francois, they hear a horrifying scream and make a run for it. While running, they run into Edalyn, before a Vodiborn catches up with them. Railyn acts first, throwing his flaming chakrams, but it doesn't affect the Voidborn. Pel sent out paper cranes. Nothing. Railyn tackled Pel as the Voidborn charged. Edalyn summon a wall of vines but it didn't stop the Voidborn. Pel summoned more cranes, but still nothing. Railyn distracted the Voidborn and blasted it with fire. It absorbed the magic and was tangible enough to launch spikes from its tail, one of which hit Railyn. Pel slammed the Voidborn into the wall with his cranes and they make a run for the mines.

Glow Team
We meet Kynina who quickly finds and meets up with Cyra and Safi. They agree to go to the woods, where they find three or four other students, who were not friendly. One of the student's, Josh, uses a speed Affinity to grab Cyra's whistle. He blows it but he is the one who vanishes, disqualified. His brother, Posh, is not happy. A mysterious girl joins the encounter with plenty of sass. They run from the group because of a toxic gas Affinity.

Safi and Cyra give us fluff. This includes many princesses and knights names xD

Then they are introduced to Sylkalyn, who decides to join their group. They reach their first crystal, which is in a pond, which both Safi and Cyra are terrified of. Kynina and Sylkalyn do a coin flip to go in and Kynina loses. Kynina grabs the crystal but it strangled by a trap. Sylkalyn saves her with her blood vine Affinity.

They come across Crystal #2 in bushes, with thorns. Right after they get the crystal, Sylkalyn realizes something is coming to them. A Vodiborn. It is a lizard. Kynina strikes first, but it didn't help. Voidborn absorb magic. They need to run. Cyra beheaded the Voidborn with their battleaxe but the Voidborn was not phased. They run.

Harper
We are introduced to Harper, who is the first of our crew to get a crystal after what she thought was hours of trekking. She meets Josh and then steals his jewel after he falls into a trap. She then heads for the mines, looking for the exit.

Thane
We are introduced to Thane who drops using half formed bird monstrosities. She inspects the surrounding area and surmises to leave the city as soon as possible to find a crystal until a throwing knife narrowly misses her. She comes across four students, looking ready for a fight.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:08 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Just posting here to say I have written the "here's what's next" post -- just gotta finalize a few things and type it up ^^

how's everyone doing?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 20, 2023 6:59 am
View Likes
Omni says...

All right, let's talk about what comes next so we are all on the same page and writing can once again commence ^^

Currently, we have two groups and two solo students.

I will preface this all with my thinking of the initiation phases.

Initiation has four broad phases in my mind:

Drop_______|_______Get Crystal_________|____Reach Mines____|__________Exit

Here's where everyone is at:

Drop_______|_______Get Crystal_________|____Reach Mines____|__________Exit
____Thane____Era_________Glow______________Harper

So let's talk about paths for each of those four!

To begin with, I'd like for everyone to get to the same part of initiation before the exit. For transparency, it is because all of our characters will meet up right before the end so we'll all need to be at the same spot chronologically for it to make sense.

That means! I'll be talking about Thane and Era Team first.

Thane
Right now, Thane seems to be the one with the most initiation story that has yet to happen. I'm estimating another three Thane posts at least until she meets up with Glow Team
- Thane fends off the group of students and manages to escape into the mines, using her Fog Affinity to cover her tracks
- In there, she eventually finds her crystal
- She meets up with Glow Team

Era Team
Right now, Edalyn is an NPC until @atlast is able to go back to writing her. None of Era has their crystals yet so we need to get through that.
I estimate we have four posts to get through for Era team to reach the Exit scenario.
-Railyn finds his crystal
-Pel finds his crystal
-Edalyn finds her crystal
-They meet up with Glow Team (this is right before the exit scenario and after Thane meets up with Glow Team)

Glow Team
Glow team is further than the previous two, but there's still a lot to go with Glow Team's story. Fortunately, Glow Team has a pretty good outline to go off of. I'm estimating a three/four posts before Glow Team meets up with Thane.
- Safi's post -- escape Voidborn find crystal, escape Sinkhole
- Sylkalyn's post -- fight Poison squad
- Safi's post -- Retreat into the mineshaft, running from Voidborn

Harper
Harper is the furthest out of all of them. So, a Harper post isn't a big priority but @Teddybear if you're looking to write some juicy Harper actions, you can totally do a post exploring the mines and reaching the crystal cavern. However, if you want to sit by while the rest catch up, that's quite alright as well.

---

Right now, our largest priorities are Thane's post and Railyn's post. Safi's post is already partially written, so that will possibly finish before Thane's or Railyn's.

I've just started writing Railyn's post and I believe winter is needing someone to collaborate with for the enemies (@winterwolf0100 I know you were talking to me about it -- I can still do it when I have time but my time is limited so it may be faster if you find another person to collab with! just lemme know)

Looking forward to the end of initiation! ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:28 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey there students!!

I don't know if you have seen by now, but I have issued two Roleplay Quests!

The first quest is to attend a write in on July 21st. I'm not sure of the details yet, but I should be in and out of a pad throughout most of the day.

The second one is more specific per team and person, so make sure to take a look ^^ and please let me know if you have any questions :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:53 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Gonna be in and out for the next six hours ^^

https://omni.writerfeedpad.com/607 join me!! <3

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:05 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

new post new post

(psst, that pad will be open all day today! I'm out right now but you can hop it at any point. I'll be back later today)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:01 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

New post new post!!!

How is everyone feeling? Haven't heard from you all in a bit -- just want to check in ^^

@Spearmint @atlast we're now ready for our crystal posts! Honestly, we can work on all three of them at the same time. I'll start writing for Railyn soon. Do either of you have a preference on who posts first? Anyone itching to write right away?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:10 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

I'm doing well! Summer is moving extra fast this year for me haha

I'm gonna get caught up reading posts today, and I doubt I'll have a preference for who goes first, but if that changes I'll let y'all know :)

How's everyone been, it's definitely been a while ^-^
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:57 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@atlast I've been doing well! Moving soon so that's "fun" -- but rp month is fun!! Btw, in my area of the pad, I have ideas on crystal locations and scenarios. I'm thinking of having Railyn's Crystal be the scenario of:

- one is in a burnt hole in the wall, with inscriptions and stuff, have to stick your hand in and then the trap is that the wall starts absorbing you and have to deal with that

sass levels loading

[he/him]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:42 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Felt that, atlast. xD How are there only three weeks left before school starts again for me?? :0

Also, great post, Omni! Love the description of Pel’s eyes as “molten clay” <3

No preference for who posts first, but I can prob vibe in the pad tomorrow evening and start writing!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:41 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I'm hanging out in the pad! https://pad.riseup.net/p/Lux_Academy-keep

Edit: here's a paragraph I found amusing xD
Spoiler! :
"I-I'm going to go up there?" Pel tried to measure the distance between the island and the pond below, but he all he could figure out was that it was somewhere between probably-going-to-kill-you-if-you-fall and definitely-going-to-kill-you feet high.

Also, Omni, I think I might add some complications like the stones starting to move, haha. There's also a spot for Railyn to possibly jump in, if you want to write that! Line 473.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:06 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey friends! How's the writing coming along? How's life? Just checking in!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:24 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

If you’d like to collab with me, @Omni, I can knock out my next Thane post at some point. :]
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:17 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

@Omni hello! i'm in a rough patch irl right now, hence the disappearance I swore wasn't going to happen lol

trying to keep myself busy, and writing always helps. i'm almost caught up reading, then i'll look through the pads and whatnot so i can finally get writing :3
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire