z

Young Writers Society

Deadly [OOC]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:31 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

No? Unless you guys really want it, this takes place in an alternate universe, removed from ours, so I was never intending for prohibition to be a thing here.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:44 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

it couuuuld be a thing that plays into the mafia, given it's a hugely popular resource that both the families probably want to control. something like prohibition could lend itself to a power struggle, but of course several other things could also lend themselves to a power struggle.

thanks for all the info @Teddybear (can I call you teddy? idk for a nickname) another question though: i get that practically the families are in charge of the city, but who is supposed to be? what's law enforcement/official government like, and how do the families interact with them? if you don't have a fully fleshed out idea that's okay, just wondering. (that could also possibly be a power struggle between the families)
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:01 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I do agree with the prohibition thing, and that could help build a plot around, but it was never part of the initial idea so I'll have to consider it a little to try build something there if we go that direction.

(yes you may call me Teddy)

As for the government: It's got the usual stuff, a mayor, a police force, etc., they're just all being paid off, blackmailed, or otherwise controlled by the families, mostly the Adlers, but the Castons have a few select local politicians and officers under their thumb.

As a side note: You don't have to be a member of either family. Anyone can play characters like the new detective in town, trying to tear down the city's corruption or arrest one of the mafia bosses or something, or a civilian who manages to get involved, a politician's kid who's been kidnapped for blackmail purposes or something. There are lots of other options, so I don't want you guys to feel limited.

Also if you guys need character prompts I have a few enspoilered because this rp is giving me lots of ideas and I wanna share.

Spoiler! :
1) Second in command of Big Boss who secretly works for the other side, is trying to tear Big Boss down from the inside.

2) Gadget builder and tech person who goes along on heists and other such missions because they know technology inside and out. Backstory tbd

3) Local university student with a job at the bank who sells information about the security systems and cash shipments for money and information about their sibling, who got lost in foster care years before and whom they're trying to track down.

he/they

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:09 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

The mafia families are explicitly at war/against eachother correct? not just the normal amount of "you stay oon your terf ill stay on mine"?
they/them

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:12 pm
Teddybear says...

They're having a power struggle over something, I'm thinking some area of terf, or one side slighted the other somehow. I'm not positive but they ARE explicitly at war at this time.

he/they

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I feel like some characters could also be a third gang trying to grab a foothold in the city and just getting in everyone’s way if that sounds doable. Maybe that’s why they’re at war; no one knows about them, and the two families are blaming each other for the trouble. How does that sound?
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Like, the Adlers' top assassin turns up dead, they think it was the Castons because obviously but it was actually a third group working to undermine everyone and gain control themselves?

I'm so down.

As you guys put your character profiles together I'll edit them into the first post of the OOC so we can reference back to them as needed btw. You can also have more than one character if you want, tho more than two might be unmanageable.

he/they

56 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:54 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

^^^^^ that sounds like a really cool idea with plenty of plot potential~

if i could hop on board of this that would be great! and teddy those are really intriguing character silhouettes, if anyone else has suggestions bump 'em out
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Teddybear says...

As you guys have plot/character ideas do feel free to drop em here! We're all happy to workshop it seems.

he/they

31 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:13 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I’m glad you like the idea! Do you have a particular format you want the character profiles to be?
She/They/Fae

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 pm
Teddybear says...

Whatever you're comfortable with so long as it's got the basics! If you want to have some character reveals or anything, you can choose to omit those details from the profile, or only include the base stuff that the other characters would know about the character right off the bat. This is mostly because metagaming, or writing based on information the characters shouldn't have can happen on accident and it's best to avoid that, and because character reveals are fun and dramatic, both things that are enhanced by we fellow writers also not knowing.

If it effects the universe itself - like your character is secretly related to some famous person everyone would probably know, or they were injured in some event that would be in the city's general consciousness, or anything like that - do let me know so I can weave the groundwork for you. I'm gonna be doing that kinda worldbuilding anyway, making lists of important people and events and such, so it'll be good to know the stuff you guys want added. Just DM me anything you want kept secret.

Also also, interweave your backstories if you so please!! Either in DMs or here, get some dynamics and stuff. It's fun.

he/they

31 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Name: Malvis Adler
Height: Usually around 5'8" or 1.72 metres.
Eye colour: Her left eye is dark brown, and her right eye is entirely black.
Physical appearance: Her general appearance can change at will (minus the scar across her right eye and her eye colour), but she does have a base appearance that she is most of the time—Picrew in the spoiler below.
Favourite clothing style/outfit: Malvis prefers gothic looks in red and black.
Fighting Style: Malvis tends to excel in quiet assassinations due to being trained in the Sicilian fighting style, Paranza Corta. Image of the knife she uses below.

Spoiler! :

She/They/Fae

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:58 pm
Teddybear says...

@AlmostImmortal , she's been added to the first post of the OOC!

he/they

31 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:01 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Thank you kindly!
She/They/Fae

56 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:20 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

@AlmostImmortal, is your character affiliated with a family? just wondering
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights