Reviews: 147
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:48 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Two Lights in the Dark

Roleplay mentoring.
By @Carina and @AlmostImmortal

I basically burped out the title of this thread in 3 seconds lol

Here's the OOC thread, @AlmostImmortal! :) once we finalize our setting and main plot in mind, I can update the title and set up the RP.

I'm digging the idea that Mel wakes up in Victorian England to meet Estella, but I'm open to any idea, really. Do you have anything in mind? I'd love to hear it!!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:49 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

You are not allowed to change the title. That is amazing. I think it would be pretty fun to drag Mel over to Victorian England. It actually makes sense because I have a villain that is capable of that sort of thing. However, if we do, would it be alright if I include Estella Fay's best friend and roommate? To balance things out, you can also give Mel a companion.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:06 pm
Carina says...

YAY!! i'm glad you like the two second title lol and the idea for mel to meet estella this way! perfect that you have a villain that would tie this all together

i'm totally cool with both of us having two characters! mel comes from a story with lots of other pals so i can bring one of them in too. the ages and person i'm bringing in will likely depend on estella and her pal though - can you fill out this quick cp (character profile) and from there i can balance out our dynamics :) and fill out my own cp

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Pronouns[/b]:

[b]Appearance[/b]: [feel free to include picture, description, or both]

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]Other[/b]: [any other random things to include]
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Name: Estella Fay Taylor
Pronouns: she/her

Appearance: The picture, but with big wings. They're ombre in colour, going from bright yellow to white.

Personality: Absolutely the sweetest. A little insecure, very impulsive. Very sensitive to others' emotions and thoughts.

Other: [any other random things to include] She's bisexual. She has Tourettes Syndrome and ADHD.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-21 1.18.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-21 1.18.54 PM.png (134.84 KiB) Viewed 231 times
She/They/Fae

31 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:27 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Name: Artemis (Sometimes goes by Artemis Taylor)

Appearance: [feel free to include picture, description, or both] The picture. However, her eyes glow white in the dark.

Personality: Friendly, pack-orientated (basically likes groups), very observant. Slightly feral, approach with caution.

Other: [any other random things to include] She is a Wolf Igni, which means that she turns into a Mexican Wolf when the sun goes down. She speaks broken English, and her first language was Spanish.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-21 1.55.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-21 1.55.05 PM.png (122.21 KiB) Viewed 230 times
She/They/Fae

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:42 am
Carina says...

ooooh cool!! below is mel's cp :)

hmm... which of the four options interest you the most? maybe someone who would have interesting dynamic with artemis?

1. Elias: depressed boi but actually empty-brained goofy heart
  2. Alistair: grump introvert who just wants to do his own thing and this entire situation would stress him out lol
  3. Evaline: perpetually angy and no patience and pushes everyone away but secret softie
  4. Arima: charismatic empath who's carelessly selfless

----

Name: Melani, but goes by Mel

Appearance: picture below! she's also pretty short, like 5'2"

Personality: 3 c's: clever, cunning, cute! She's very outgoing and also snarky, giggly, and flirty. Mel has a golden heart and is loyal to her friends. She seethes whenever she sees bullying or hate, and won't tolerate it.

Other: She likes to use her light manipulation powers to figure out what she'd look like with different appearances, so she's great at picking out outfits, cutting hair, and anything else that could change other people's appearance. She got VISION
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I love that. Evaline reminds me of another one of my OC's, so let's go with them. Also, Estella Fay is mega tall, standing at about 6'7". Artemis is an average height of 5'6". Mel sounds super fun. This is going to be great.
She/They/Fae

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:42 am
Carina says...

fun fact, that may 22nd work you reviewed? that was actually evaline's origin inspo ;) mm yes this is truly fate. i also love my crackbrain two second title "two lights in the dark" because mel+estella control light while evaline is a broody dark character and artemis turns into a wolf in the dark hah yes i am GENIUS

oh my gosh estella is HUUUGEEE LOL mel so tiny compared to her. that's so funny

anyways here's evaline's cp!

-----

Name: Evaline

Appearance: 5'9", slender/lean, is very pretty but has RBF and can be scary looking and not at all approachable

Personality: introverted, smart, calculating, serious, mean... she can be a tad manipulative, and she's not interested in making friends. She's a lone wolf and only wants to work by herself. When not in a serious situation, she lets herself feel anxiety and panic. Not trusting of others. So many insecurities. This gal needs therapy lol

Other: So, uh, Evaline's actually a time traveler. She can go in the past <10 minutes based on what emotion she's feeling, the circumstance, and whatever limitations she has at the moment. This does make things a bit complicated for RP, but I always link to the post she'd time travel to, and everything after that post would be like it never happened - unless she decided to repeat the timeline. Just giving ya a heads up so you're not blindsided!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:56 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Oh wow! Definitely some fate at hand with that. The title is even better now, and the universe is definitely smiling at us. Estella Fay is half-angel, which contributes to the height. However, she is incredibly light, and her bones are hollow, so they break easily. Evaline sounds fun, and her power will probably be useful when it comes to the horrible villain they will be facing...

-----

Name: Queen Xeraphina, ruler of the demonic fae
Pronouns: Usually she/her, but has been known to use others

Appearance: A shapeshifter, so it's impossible to tell what she really looks like. Usually, an eight-foot pale woman with purple oily hair that teachers her ankles. Her wings are forest green but riddled with holes and tears. She always wears a wilted rose flower crown.

Personality: Cruel and ridiculously manipulative. Will say and do anything to get what she wants. Every weakness you have will be exploited, every strength blindsided.

Other: Wherever she is, her army of fae are never far behind. Their bites will manifest your worst fear in the most gruesome way possible. Their only weakness is fire or holy water.
She/They/Fae

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:16 am
Carina says...

oHOhOhohO! xeraphina is poopoo villain and i APPROVE. seems that she's a fallen angel? hMmMMM. it's interesting that she's manipulative + fae bites manifets worst fear! that would be so angsty to rp, hah

i'm so happy that our characters have good dynamics!!

in terms of how we're starting... i'm wondering if maybe mel/estella meet, but artemis/evaline meet separately? artemis is trying to find estella so they will eventually converge. mel/evaline are basically estranged friends so that'll be interesting when that happens. meanwhile, xeraphina is looming and always one step ahead of them.... not sure what her motives are but i eagerly await to find out
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:29 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I would tell you her motives, but that would spoil the fun. She's not quite a fallen angel; she's fae, which is a slightly demoted angel. Trust me; demonic fae bites get really angsty. One of the characters that got bit in my story goes mute and deaf, so they can't hear or talk to their blind sibling.

I'm thrilled our characters go so well together too! That makes it so much more fun.

Estella Fay is locked in her bedroom with a guard posted at her window. So, Mel could just pop in there, and they meet like that. Artemis sometimes sneaks out after dark since she's a bit smaller. So, Evaline can meet her like that if that's okay with you.
She/They/Fae

31 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:34 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

However, one quick thing I would like to mention. Both Estella Fay and Artemis have a Tragic Backstory™. I don't know what level of angst you're comfortable with, so I can change it around if it bothers you. Basically, Estella Fay has been isolated in her room since she was five because her entire family thinks she's possessed. Her governess often punishes her like a schoolgirl by hitting her over the hands with a ruler, usually until they bleed. Artemis's home in the forest was set on fire by the British Police, and she has no idea whether or not her mother and little sister lived. Is any of that too much?
She/They/Fae

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:24 pm
Carina says...

hahha yes please no spoiley i will place my grubby hands on the rp instead and find out that way hehe. but gosh that demonic fae bite.... THAT'S INTENSE

and that sounds good to me! i uh don't know the setting that well but since you're new to rp i can gladly make the rp and first post to lead by example. can you tell me more about the setting first tho?

and gosh YEAH TRAGIC
I have incredibly thick skin and don't mind tragic backstories or triggering topics, but it's thoughtful of you to ask first! :') feel free to keep them and I look forward to discovering some of it via rp

Evaline also has an angsty emotional backstory but she's a clam and probably won't share BUT STILL WE'LL SEE. luckily mel is .... well she's really nice and only has smol issues but nothing big really lol SHE WILL BE THEIR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT FRIEND
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

31 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:20 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Very intense. Be careful with them.

So, if you throw Mel into Estella Fay's bedroom, I can guide you through the setting there. Same with Evaline crossing Artemis's path. I want you to experience it in pieces and let your characters make terrible decisions.

Okay! Just wanted to make sure. Since you're not bothered, I'll just leave it be.

It sounds like Mel is really going to have to pull her wait as an emotional support friend.
She/They/Fae

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:03 am
View Likes
Carina says...

okay!! lol also this is a mood
I want you to experience it in pieces and let your characters make terrible decisions.

i should have enough to make the rp! ill try to get it up on monday
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell