The Lake In The Woods OOC

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue May 25, 2021 1:05 am
View Likes
Lib says...

The Lake In The Woods OOC

Hiya! I’m Lib (she/her/koala). If you’ve found your way to the OCC thread I’m assuming you’re a teeny bit interested about what in the world this roleplay is supposed to be. I, in all honesty, have not done much planning, but I hope I can work things out with you guys! I’m not much of a schemer, but I’m all game for anything exciting that will happen.

The roleplay, as you probably understood from the official thread, starts off with our characters in the middle of a lake, either paddling, canoeing, kayaking, whatever their jam is. Obviously, they need to know how to swim, because I’m hoping at least half the roleplay will be set underwater. The weather changed, and the lake’s currents are getting all weird, and BAM! Whatever they were on (kayak, canoe, paddle board, whatever) has been flipped over and everything’s gone black.

You go to that part in the official intro thingy.

But now what I see happening is them slowly waking up and realizing they can actually breathe underwater, and have somehow grown gills on the sides of their necks. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but then again, any new thing does haha. Anywho, the characters realize they’re in the middle of an army of stone statues of people, who, strangely, also have those gills.

I dunno what’s going to happen after that, which is why this is a roleplay and is also why fantasy is going to be involved in this story! But I do know this is going to have a whole underwater city, sooo…

Couple of things I’ll go over real quick: you can have pre-existing characters in this roleplay. They can have powers, abilities, whatever you want to call them. Like, anything magical I guess. They can make references to previous roleplays they’ve been in, but please don’t let them be big references that change the whole plot, and all of a sudden we’re in the desert instead of underwater lol. No more than two characters per writer, thanks. c: And make sure your first post includes your character's character profile somehow! It can be simple, detailed, whatever you want it to be, but make sure we know their name, age, gender, what they prefer to go by, personality, and physical appearance.

Let me know if you’ve got questions!
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue May 25, 2021 1:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

slams subscribe button

I'd love to join this roleplay! I might need a day or two to figure out which character(s), I'll do, but the plot seems really cool. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Yes!! This is a super cool role play!

I’ve got a character in mind since she’s the only one with powers. I think you know who this is, Mage...:)
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 am
View Likes
rida says...

I’ve decided to break my resolution of never roleplaying, can I join?

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Tue May 25, 2021 3:22 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Underwater city......SIGN ME UP!!!

There's a couple of gals that really need to be in a roleplay together, they've been separated for long enough...some of you may know who I'm talking about ;)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue May 25, 2021 4:51 am
View Likes
Shady says...

I'd like to join as well!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 25, 2021 11:16 am
View Likes
Lib says...

~ahhhhh~

@magebird that's totally okay!! It'll take me a bit to write up the first post too xD

@Valkyria oooh I'm super excited to meet your character!

@rida omg it makes me so happy to know that a roleplay I made made you want to do that :')) and yes you may definitely join!

@harryhardy ahh do I? :0 I'm hyped to meet them!! super excited to have you! C:

@ShadowVyper the fish master :0 the characters in this roleplay will pretty much be half fish adhfhjs we are honored to have you on board!

I'll start working on the first post and hopefully get it up soon. Whoever wants to post next, please let us know here so there's no overlapping of posts!

I'm super excited to get this started :D

4102 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue May 25, 2021 11:31 am
View Likes
Shady says...

The fish called to me

I'm also super excited! ^-^

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Annnd done! The first post is up, so whoever wants to go next, feel free to. :) Let us know you're going though <.< And don't forget the character profile! <3

4102 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2021 10:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Umm...well...so here's the two I'm planning on using, Susan and Daphne..finally together in the same roleplay and as they're supposed to be in their original story....powers and all...

Spoiler! :
Name: Susan Reyana Danvers
Appearance: She's exactly 5 feet tall (not a millimeter/ 0.039 inches) more than that. Shoulder length bright red hair (outrageously red to the point that someone would be skeptical if its real). Blue eyes. She's about average size for her age, not muscular but not exactly a walking skeleton either. She's also very pale.

Now...as she originally is...she is very much dead...yup...she died sometime in the year 2020 I think...as a 17 year old...but she's been dead for about two years when this story comes out....she, her sister Daph and Daph's girlfriend kind of chose this option to complete some quests and get out of the underworld and yes...Harry Hardy was responsible for creating these options...just fyi for those who know all of three of them.

So this kind of makes her a ghost...but not a ghost...like a mix between a zombie and a ghost...she would qualify as a part of the undead..but she's still very much ghostly...think of her like ghost from ant man and the wasp...she's solid occasionally and not so solid most of the time...she never has to eat or drink...and that's kind of her powers here really. That trio sort of travels time as superheroes...and they are technically wearing what they wore on their deathbed but automatic glamours cast on them by the lord of the dead in my world {Harry's brother} means they appear to be wearing what you would expect a normal teenager from the time period they're in to be wearing...superheroes that can see through glamour can seee what they're actually wearing though.

So...tldr...Sue can phase through stuff, and be invisible...she's had this power for about a year at this point so she kinda has control over it but not really...its not so much a power as a side effect of her state of being...at any rate, she can occasionally be super strong or fast, or sometimes the total opposite...the point is...its in constant flux. And she's known throughout time as The Phantom...for those that care to keep track of time travelling beings that is.

Name: Daphne Rose Danvers
Appearance: She's a hair over five feet tall, just a tiny bit taller than here sister, she's also got shoulder length red hair and blue eyes. She's a little more well built than her sister to the point she does look slightly muscular but she's also very pale.

Now she is also very much dead....died along with here sister in fact. She's also kind of like her sister, in that she doesn't need to eat or drink or anything...but of course she's not glitching like her sister, she is totally solid and pretty normal looking besides how pale she is, and how her skin is super cold. Normally she doesn't breathe in the first place...so that's helpful underwater??.

Uhh she was given the power of electricity control and air control for backstory reasons I can't mention...because its the same as in RoHG and I don't want anyone ;) accidentally reading that...xD....aaand well those powers will be totally useless underwater because well...electricity and water = bad and air just doesn't exist so she might as well not have powers...xD.

And that's those two...hopefully they're okay :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 26, 2021 12:56 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Ooh, @harryhardy Susan and Daphne seem very interesting! And yes, please go ahead with using them in the story! C:

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed May 26, 2021 1:29 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Here's the character I'm going to use!

Spoiler! :
Name: Pheonix Rivers

Appearance: Pheonix is 5'9, and she has blue eyes and long black hair that reaches her elbows. She loves to wear hoodies, but since it's summer, she's wearing a short sleeved t-shirt under her overalls.

As for magical abilities, Pheonix can control the natural elements. Basically, she's the Avatar. She's actually from the same storybook that Daphne is in.

@HarryHardy, do you want to just pretend that Pheonix and Daphne don't know each other? I think it would be a lot easier if they didn't, but it's up to you!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4102 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2021 3:56 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Pretending they don't know each other sounds good :D

And thanks @Liebensteiner
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 26, 2021 4:15 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Ooh, Phoenix sounds wonderful, @Valkyria! And omg that's so cool that Daph and Phoenix were in the same storybook :0

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal