z

Young Writers Society

If I Had a Heart OOC

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:17 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

By the way, if any of y'all's characters are familiar with dragons, the satchel that Elias pulled out is dragon leather, which is notoriously tough and fireproof.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:26 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

There are dragons on some planes, so Eira might be able to tell what it is if someone else points it out, but right off the bat she won't. She's never seen a dragon in person.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, are the runes magically charged or not? Because if they are, the described amplifying effect will happen if Eira comes in direct contact with them. Basically whatever spell they're made to enforce will be triggered in a rather big, explosive fashion. If it's meant to, like, seal the bag, for example, the material itself could thicken and meld together to make it impossible to cut through or open, possibly rapidly enough to consume the hand of whoever's holding it in the material as well.

Stuff like that. Just, incredibly amplified effects. People with magic in their actual blood need to use completely different - incredibly weak - forms of magic in order to have actually useful and predictable spells on her world. The stuff developed for people who need to amplify the inate magic within the world itself - plants, animals, the wind, weather in general, the like - is super super potent for that reason.

If that makes sense.

You guys didn't need a brief explanation of the magic system of her world to get it, but there you go.

Anyway, to restate the actual question, are the runs magically charged or are they merely decorative?
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

112 Reviews

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:30 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Nope, the runes are just there for indicators.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:47 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Sweet. Eira is still gonna be super paranoid about it but it's good to know what will happen if she does end up touching one of em.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:53 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hey everybody! Since we're talking about departure now, I figured now would be a good time to figure out if we're splitting into groups or not. Y'all have two choices for main motives right now: Escape or Return the Heart. Those of you who choose to band together to Escape will be collecting items bearing the rune on the rope. Those of you who choose to Return the Heart will collect items bearing the satchel rune. Others can simply choose to go off on their own if they so wish, but that will make it significantly harder to get out.
Note: Both goals present challenges and unique items. It should be fun no matter which one you choose!

Post y'all's decisions in the club forum I'll create and I'll stick Elias in the one with the fewest members.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted!

Ruthie stop making sense.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:21 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Ruthie is obnoxious and mean, but he is also smart and clever, unfortunately
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Raptor right now is like: "Fine. Look for the heart. When everything goes to chaos I'll say I told you so and pretend like I'm not going be traumatized by said chaos for the rest of my life." :P

I love how I can just keep traumatizing him between this roleplay and his actual canon. >>
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:44 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

XD

In a minute guys I'm gonna ask you to pick a tunnel number for your groups to go down.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:48 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

me: prepares to pick tunnel that hopefully has something I can injure Raptor with to reveal his Deep Dark Secret

Also, the updated cast list on the first page of the DT looks great! Can't wait to have Team Escapist bond while escaping. <3
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:52 am
View Likes
Carina says...

*whispers*

l-l-l-left

do it for the memez
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Thanks, @Magebird!

@Carina I didn't see anything about you leaving but that's fine!

Both groups, vote amongst yourselves in the club or wherever you see fit and choose tunnel number 1-6.

she/her

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:56 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Oh I'm not! I'm just the little inspirational voice telling the escapists to not let their memes be dreams :P
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

here is an anthropologie for ruthie taking initiative and just being like "leggo"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! I had Raptor take initiative for the escapists. :)
mage

queer and here.

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian