z

Young Writers Society

The Town of Nightville [DT]

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:35 pm
View Likes
polishcommonwealth says...

So where exactly do I post my character? I tried reading the thingy dingy, but didn't make any sense of it.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Go to the storybook, and in the top right corner there is a list of all the characters so far. There is a button that says "new character" Here's the template if you haven't seen it yet.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Powers/Skills:

Other:
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

12 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:48 pm
View Likes

Thanks! Hopefully I'll make my character tommarow. I can be one of the teenagers, right?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Necromancer14, I was actually thinking of just having Juliet be occasionally referenced - she's not going to be on the bus, but Emi will definitely be mentioning her from time to time. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

114 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:53 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Okay. That works :)
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

114 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:54 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

You're supposed to be one of the teenagers @polishcommonwealth, so if you really wanted too, this is your lucky day! :P

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:12 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Necromancer14 Huh, didn't see the mention. Anyway!

Yes, I'm still interested! I'm trying to regain some activity back into YWS, so, might as well. My character profile's been submitted if you're interested, but since there are already quite a few people, it's up to you to accept it or not!

There seem to be quite a few people here unused to the SB system, so, I'll do my best to try and provide information on that (Though Jaybird exists, is awesome and is more informative, so, y'know, enjoy that y'all) and also not overwhelm this DT with the plot points I already crafted until I'm asked to do so. Or until people actually start sharing ideas — which should prolly be done after every character profile's been submitted.

Spoilers: I like writing! Expect me to do so in a detailed fashion.
Which doesn't mean I expect y'all to do the same; simply put, that is how I roll
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:41 am
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Yes, @TinkerTwaggy, you can definitely join!

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:36 pm
View Likes

@Necormancer14 I have my character up!
Last edited by polishcommonwealth on Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:02 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

@polishcommonwealth I like your character! He seems quite interesting, being a monarchist and all. :)

40 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:27 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wait. Ottoman oppression?
...Oh sorry, I just read the CP! It says that immigration to New York happened because Micheal's parents were afraid of Ottoman oppression. Okay so definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but is that still a thing? The Ottoman Empire ended in 1922, so is Micheal somehow from the past, or is it referring to a recent that we've all missed?
I'm only asking because I was under the impression that the SB was in like Vaguely Modern 2000s, y'know, because of the bus and the sci-fi robots. Was I wrong?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Yes, it's the 2000s, to clear that up. I think Turkey might be invading a nearby country, (dont remember which one), but I dont know much other than that.

40 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I mean yeah Turkey recently invaded Syria, but the placement is different from Cremea, and they also didn't do it under the name Ottoman (it's a westernized name anyway), hence my initial confusion.

Right, modern SB! Got it.

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 pm
View Likes

@TinkerTwaggy Well, I know the Ottoman Empire ended in 1922, but hey, I'm sure there are lots of Muslims in the Crimea. Because Micheal and his parents are Russian Orthodox, they are afraid of being ill treated by the Muslim majority. True, I barely know what I'm talking about, but I do know that this could be a real possibility.

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:55 pm
Necromancer14 says...

That makes sense I suppose.

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
— Aristotle