z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

It. Is. Done! My monstrous post of exactly 10.1K words is finally complete! I uploaded it in three parts — @EditorAndPerks and @ScarlettFire, thank you for following it! You may finally read the whole thing (although, Scarlett collaborated with me on the latter two thirds, so she's already read it). XD

READ ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE TIME. It took me four days to finish this, and though it won't take any of you that long to read it (I hope???), it's nevertheless a daunting prospect. I'm exhausted right now, so I'm going to sleep and will post the challenge tomorrow. DX
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:10 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Dramatic reconstruction of how Astral convinced me to resubmit my posts and character profiles

Hello, everyone! Have some more news.

♦First of all, I'd like to apologize, not for abruptly leaving, but rather, for breaking the harmony of the SB. Y'see, I wasn't actually aware that it was forbidden to leave out posts and profiles even when warning everyone that one would be doing so, which is basically why they're back.
That being said, I personally found it a bit hard to very seriously talk about a life-threatening situation while being in it, and the sole reason why I even acted as abruptly and quickly as I did was specifically because this:

t let's just say I'm, uh, stuck in a country that's not my own with hopes of going back to a safer place getting... thinner?

reasons for that are... mostly focus and ADD-related, as I do have a tendency to look for an escape when in dire situations.

Wasn't a joke, nor an exaggeration. Which is why I still won't be using this YWS account for much any longer.

♦As Astral informed you, I'm still going to be writing alongside @Featherstone! It's also why I didn't touch Kele's post: this character didn't start out as a joined project, but we had wanted to test the waters with a concept like her since before even joining the SB, so, I wasn't gonna do anything to change that. Basically, Fea wanted to test a realistic take on a confident beginner, and I have never once written any form of aerial battles, so, joining forces to do both seemed appropriate.
Also, I still kept everyone's Discord contacts, too, so, even if I'm not in Astral's server anymore, if I need to collaborate with someone for a post, I'll... just... contact you and say so. I've never had any problems doing that, so, might as well continue.

♦In regards to the character types Astral had posted, I'm done sharing four of them for the SB's sake. If necessary, I don't mind making more! They're all in his pad, which I believe is still https://astralhunter.writerfeedpad.com/14 ← that.

That being said, It's time to read that long post that's been talked about!

Take care, everyone.

...Oh yeah, @AstralHunter, could you be awesome and copy/paste this entire thing in the Discord server? I figured I should ask you directly because you own it, but also, it would be useless to come back in it and do it myself if I'm not going to say anything aside occasional messages like this one.
You can ignore this request if it's too much to ask.

Bye now!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

...Did I forget to mention here that I've finally submitted my post? Err, yes. Whoops. :smt117 (Pretend I'm the chicken, since YWS has an outdated emoticon system with no equivalent to a nervously sweating smiley. Yet there are so many aggressive and hostile emoticons? Like these: :smt012 :smt019 :smt014 :smt021 :smt091 :smt099 What??? :shock:)

So! I've posted, and in case anyone here hasn't noticed, it's 10.1K words long, meaning you shouldn't think it's a quick read. If you're wondering why it's so long, it's because I wanted to complete four CCs with it (which I ended up failing because I submitted the post too late, LOL) and because @ScarlettFire and I collaborated on it and... collaboration is an excellent way to balloon post length. Anyway, it's hardly bad and shows Connor and Jake being adorable together, so do read it sometime if you haven't yet! XD

As @Ventomology and @EditorAndPerks already know, they're in the best position to post next, so it'll, you know, probably be them that post next. I know Myata will somehow ambush Peony, so it's bound to be a lot of fun to read and write.

THERE'S FINALLY A NEW POLL UP! The options for boarding mounts made a nice bowl-shape in their order of appearance: Arcanine (unsurprisingly, heh) landed first place with four votes, Altaria and one of the trainer's own Pokémon shared second place with three votes, and Magnezone and Reuniclus shared third place with two votes each. Machamp got only one, the poor thing (don't worry; many other participants picked him ;P). But what surprises me is how nobody actually boarded with their own Pokémon? Did some of you pick that option just because it sounded nice? :smt064

Anyway, the new poll asks about Restored Pokémon not because I haven't made up my mind yet, but because I'm curious to think what the rest of you think. Tort asked about it for the NPC Sombrielle, so I thought I'd ask here while it was in mind. (Oh, and yeah, @TinkerTwaggy, I shared your message in the server!) If any of you have questions about the lore, feel free to ask me here or on Discord whenever you want!

Oh, just one last reminder: there are to be no references to Gen VIII Pokémon in any possible capacity. They don't exist, so they can't, for example, be mentioned during a certain psychic game of Who's That Pokémon? *glares at the offending participant in question* or any other instance, even in passing. I know this might seem absurd on my behalf, but I've successfully avoided remembering any name or appearance (and almost all the concepts) of any of the new Pokémon, and I beg you, let me keep it that way. :smt042 :smt010
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:34 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I may have selected "our own Pokémon" before realizing none of the ones I gave Vadim could really transport him XD

And I have written about 650 words with Vadim, starting with his realizing that Myata was gone. I've just introduced the two NPCs that I had made, and will hopefully get to Peony screaming in the background due to a Spinarak that may or may not have escaped Jake's pocket ... :p

Also, you didn't input the poll yet <.<
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:38 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

That's because I didn't expect anyone to read my post right away! I only started creating the poll after I submitted that post. XD

And do share the link to your pad/GDoc here or in the server! I'll be sure to check out your post tomorrow. :D
— Paul the Apostle

415 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Oh ! lol ! That makes more sense then.

And here's the wfp link: https://editorandperks.writerfeedpad.com/31

^^ I've just got my NPC profiles in there and then the post is underneath.

415 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:40 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Sorry for the double post but I posted my finished entry : )))

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:39 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Heck yeah who's next
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:57 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Everyone, a Wild @Lezuli has appeared! Her character, Maxine, is the mean and quiet type, but her Leafeon is even scarier. Let's welcome her aboard!
— Paul the Apostle

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 am
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Hiya everybody! I've been interested in this Storybook for a while and I'm super excited to contribute to it as well! I'm looking forward to writing with all of you~

415 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:50 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Welcome to the SB! Maxine sounds very cool ^^

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Heyaaaa! Can't wait to read about her!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:38 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

And approved! @Lezuli, we'll have to discuss the learning of moves, as this SB uses a very particular system. Would you prefer doing that via PM or Discord? Oh, and just so I've officially said it again, we're only using Pokémon lore up to Gen VII, so anything from Sword and Shield is off-limits. (I'm amazed at how I've avoided practically all spoilers so far!)

Also, since you're new to the SB, feel free to vote in the poll! I run a new one every now and then, and though the results are basically in, I'm still interested in seeing what you think.
— Paul the Apostle

58 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:23 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

I think I read a little bit about it(like there's no such thing as TMs) but I don't know the specifics. Either is fine with me, so whatever is easiest for you works.
(Also, can Conrad pretty please know Leaf Blade? It’s like the move that suits him perfectly, and since his tail is a leaf, I think it works well)

58 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:01 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Mind if I post next so I can introduce Max and her team?

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche