z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:30 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Yeeeesssssssss do it do it do it.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:04 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Post is up! I hope you all like Max! :D

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:18 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Your posts were awesome, @EditorAndPerks and @Lezuli!

Editor, I love how poor Vadim just wants to slip away, but then he inadvertently makes two new acquaintances. I'll probably need to find a place for the infirmary on the ship and then add the entire thing's blueprint to the server. And the first DT post, I suppose. It's good to keep resources in multiple places. But anyway, I'm also surprised that the trio had some difficulty finding their rooms when Penelope specifically led everyone to their rooms. I guess this is what happens when you don't pay attention. :P

Lezuli, it was really interesting to see Max have a completely normal conversation with her Pokémon! I'm happy you decided to explore that avenue, because that's exactly the kind of thing I intended to be explored in this story — and we'll go far down that line in the future. It was fun to see the interactions among the current team, and knowing that Conrad isn't above threatening bodily harm even to teammates goes a long way to reaffirm what you said about him being ruthless. I can't wait to see the quartet's dynamic with other people! I was hoping that you'd use Editor's cue with the screams to have Poseidon charge to the rescue. :D

I'll post here again soon with news and lore, since it seems our poll is more or less decided (I'll go for a mix of the rare and uncommon options) and I have some new insights on the story.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:57 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@AstralHunter, @EditorAndPerks, @Featherstone, @JabberHut,
@ScarlettFire, @TheSilverFox, @Ventomology

Act I, Chapter 1
A Warm Welcome

The Challenge

It's regrettable that Buggie's post, the last one before Scarlett's at the end of July, was in March, since that means she can't claim credits for this challenge, but at least we finally have some momentum back! We're still just having our characters fool around, but honestly, isn't at least half of a Pokémon storybook just fooling around anyway? And since they're on the Queen Anne now, the time is ripe for shenanigans, hijinks, and any synonyms you might prefer!

Credits Awarded

Completing any of the following objectives will earn you a credit, and if your post is longer than 750 words, you'll earn a bonus credit. In addition, Scarlett and I set a precedent for long posts this round (haha), so if your post is longer than 3000 words, you'll earn another bonus credit for your efforts.

1. Our characters have already met loads of people, but come on — there are sixty-four of them in total. You can afford to have them meet two more! Note, these characters may be NPCs, and anyone will qualify as long as your character hasn't met them yet.

2. The Queen Anne is a thing of majesty, but it has something for every preference. Have your character describe a part of it we haven't seen before! (As of this challenge, the suites and the Commodore Club no longer qualify.)

3. Just seeing new sights is fun in itself, but what's more fun is engaging with these sights. It doesn't matter how plain or absurd your activity is, but if your character does something besides just talk and look around, it'll suffice.

Challenge Credits: 3
Bonus Credits: 2

This challenge has expired, but don't worry! I'll repost it, since we'd still like to see a post from @TheSilverFox and @JabberHut for this round. I'll work on one for Jake at some point, and I know @Featherstone and @TinkerTwaggy are almost done with their post for Kele. Buggie and Lezuli, I'll award your credits retrospectively.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter First and foremost, thanks for sharing the message as requested!

Second, I'm here to announce that Feather and I have completed the Kele post. I just need to re-read it personally to make sure everything around Kele works, since, that part is mine.

Third! @Lezuli Welcome to the SB! Hopefully, you'll enjoy your stay. Thank you for existing.

Aaaand finally, fourth! I've been done catching up with the posts so far for a while, so, I figured I should mention it. Mission complete on that regard, so, time to wander off again. Hope you'll enjoy the post, tomorrow!

Ta-ta♪
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2021 10:51 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

…Some say that we might not really exist, or that we can only confirm our own existence. That sounds kind of like rubbish, but I can confirm that I exist, and this SB still exists, even in my absence (and thus questionable existence).

Whether anyone else exists, however, is then something I cannot confirm. I can't make any promises on my progress yet, but once there is an update to be made, I'll make it.

*sighs* I've been stupidly busy with research, and my personal life didn't help. A lack of motivation just further exacerbated my reluctance to write, and this story has suffered for it. I'm attempting to make more time for writing, so hopefully, I can turn things around.

I'll not tag anyone specifically until I have better justification for it. However… does anyone have any ideas for a new poll? This one seems to have run its course, so I'll post the official result later in the week.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:04 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

All right, everyone! …Actually, that's not a tag here, so let me just use the individual usernames (I'll tag you in Discord as well): @Featherstone, @JabberHut, @JustPerks, @Lezuli, @ScarlettFire, @TheSilverFox, @TinkerTwaggy, @Ventomology

I know pretty much everyone here is still willing to write for the storybook, and I deeply appreciate that. However, lots of us are busy right now, and regrettably, that includes me. I'll pre-empt any thoughts of death and expiration by saying this storybook is NOT being put to sleep! The Paused tag no longer exists, and for that reason, I'm going to ask an RP mod to archive the storybook for the time being.

My thesis for masters needs to be done by December 15th, which means I must use as much of my time to work on that and my research. Fortunately, that also means I'll be free to write again once that date comes around! I'll have the SB moved to the archive so it doesn't clutter the Sanctuary, but I must emphasise, this is merely temporary. As soon as I can dedicate my full attention to this again, I'll ask the same mod to bring it back. You all can write for this at your leisure once it's back, but I feel it's essential for the DM to invest the time that story needs. I can't do that right now, so I feel this is the best course of action.

The Discord server will naturally still exist and be open to all of you, so if any of you happen to have any questions or requests, feel free to ask them there! In the meantime, again, thank you all so much for your dedication.

I'll see you again at the end of the year! :D
— Paul the Apostle

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson