Aether's Heart OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:31 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey y'all.

Wow, we have written 13 posts this month. We have written 44 thousand words this month. That's almost an entire NaNo novel. That's a lot! The story is magnificent and heart-wrenching and moving along smoothly. You all should be proud.

I have to be honest, though, to put a bit of a damper on that celebration. I'm a bit burnt out from writing so so so so much. I can only imagine how you all feel. Right now, my mind is completely empty of where to go when we get to Nua and how to wrap up our current arc. There's a barebones posting order and plot idea in the pad, so please go take a look. If you like it, then awesome! We'll go with it, but honestly, I don't like it. Not at the moment.

So, I will be taking a break. And I encourage you all to do the same (unless you want to keep writing, that is). When I come back, I would love to have a plotting brainstorm session with the entire crew to see what we come up with. You'll see my ideas in the pad, but they're barebones, so I can't wait to see what we come up with together.

Other than that, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the story that has happened in the past few days! We've had four posts and no comments >:c
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:11 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

13 posts! AND SO MANY OF THEM SO LONG! Fantastic, splendid, wonderful, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before....

I am proud of us uwu. But also I feel u lol. I do feel a bit uhhhhh WINDED!! LOL!!! A little break would be nice :,) At least a liddo bit! Also I feel like I'm partially to blame for the sudden breakneck pace lol, I feel like soon as I joined we just went wild!!! BUT I HAVE ENJOYED IT!! Going stupid and crazy! haha

But I am so down to plot with you guys when you're up for it again omnom! I looked in the pad and I like what you've got so far, but my brain's kinda past it's prime of idea-having at the moment, so I don't have much to add haha.

AS FOR POST COMMENTARY? OH????????? OKAY

- Scar's post for Elidyr had a lovely gut-punch when Eli realized he was probably the one who gave Lettie bluecough and thereby is directly responsible but there are also outside factors playing in that kept her from getting help sooner aka mafia and armies and stuff. OVERALL!! SAD!

- And Aly!!!! Your Tyri post... Tyri has such a pure heart and I love that about her. She really is just doing her gosh darned best™ and I love reading from her perspective so much! She brings a spirit of hope and peace-keeping to the group that's really needed <3

- CHASER!! Your massive post was so good!!! And seeing you write it all in one day was IMPRESSIVE AAAH! I loved how you started to develop Paimon and Elidyr's relatioship w/Paimon feeling like a big-sister figure to Elidyr ;-; I know it'll probably just lead to more pain™ and angst™ in the future but it's sweet for the time being. Also I loved that you included Lettie's father, as heartbreaking as that whole scene was ;-;

- AND OMNOM!!! WOW, what a tense post. You did so well writing the intensity of what everyone walked into, and depicting the depths of everyone's exhaustion. Also man, you had some really good descriptions in that post *chef's kiss*
    Seeing Railyn think of killing Bel of course, big AAAaAAAAAAaaa But . . . . . .I HAve HOPE that EVENTUALLY .. they will maybe ;-;;;; become fwends... .. I AM JUST BABY MODE SORRY!!

ANYWAYS everyone is doing amazing and big hugs to u all

I'm excited to keep writing this yes yes
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:31 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

I'll probably burn down after this weekend, but it's been really nice being able to fly along a story with such avid collaborators. This is the type of storybook that I enjoy the most, so thank you all for making it great!

The story so far has been really exciting. I can feel the tension cranking up with each post, whether it's Sound's somber narration (death scene :( ), or Omnom's exhausted dialogue, everyone is really selling a dark, dramatic atmosphere that's easy to follow, and I can't wait to do more.

i also can't wait to write more lighthearted scenes with you guys because i love these characters and they deserve it
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:23 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

That's understandable. I think I've written more for this SB in the short time it's been active recently than I have all year haha. I've never been in such a fast-paced or collaborative SB (..or one that made it far enough for the plot and character development to really kick off). It's honestly so much fun, but- yeahhh maybe just a little bit tiring too, so I wouldn't mind taking a break.

Post commentary: I've already fallen in love with the characters and their developing dynamic, and I'm excited to see the team grow. You guys are all amazing writers. This is probably my first time collabing with other people and I'm still getting used to it tbh, but it's a lot of fun. The past few posts have been my favorite with all the drama, action, and character development. Looking forward to writing those promised happier scenes too lol

Also: I just finished reading everything in the wfp and it looks good so far, but I'd be up for brainstorming and working on the plot together whenever you guys want to.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I am absolutely loving the posts so far! And can't wait to get writing even more with you guys!

Also, @Magebird, you should see our post notes and commentary. It's so entertaining... >.>
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:53 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Unfortunately, due to injures, Elidyr will be unable to post until the sequel. c:

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:03 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

lol, how rude.

eli will post even if he's dying, omnom, u rude

177 Reviews

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:50 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Paimon is spending 9 Gildar on Nua Port delicacies
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:03 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Level Up!

We are now at level Thirteen!

So, here are the rewards:

• 300 Gildar
  • 2 Talents
  • 1 Hextech Slot
  • 2 Rare Armor Pieces
  • 1 Rare Weapon/Offhand

OKAY let's see what everyone needs. I'd like to have this in in the next two weeks, since we're (supposed to be) taking a break from writing XD. Like always, if you need any help lemme know <3 Also, I may have missed some of your tome updates in the DT, so if I did so, just go ahead and put it in your DT post and I will not (hopefully) miss it again.

@Omnom (me hello i am also behind lool)
  • 2 Prophecy Powers
  • 1 Talent

@AlyTheBookworm
  • 3 Prophecy Powers
  • 3 Talents
  • 3 Hextech slots

@Chaser
  • 2 Prophecy Powers
  • 3 Talents
  • 2 Hextech slots

@ScarlettFire
  • 1 Prophecy Power
  • 1 Talent
  • 1 Hextech Slot

@soundofmind
  • 1 Prophecy Power
  • 1 Talent
  • 1 Hextech Slot

and everyone needs all rare equipment (so 3 rare armor and 1 weapon).

If people want, we can always wait on this until our shopping in Nua Port, as we'll be able to get a lot of equipment then!!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

omg I GET ANOTHER PROPHECY POWER? HAHAHAHAH BEL IS ABOUT TO GET EVEN MORE POWERFUL MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAh

*stares into distance*

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:30 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

The things in blue are from the last thing I posted but that I don't see in the Tome yet - dunno if you need them but just putting them here in case!

NEW PROPHECY POWERS:

Fiendish Resistance: Belxibis has resistance to any fire and fire related attacks.

Summon Claws: Belxibis now has the ability to transform his hands into large, piercingly sharp claws. The transformation, and "retracting" the claws happens at will, once he learns to control it. He does not need to be in Righteous Rage to use this.

NEW TALENT:

Animal Handling: Belxibis seems to have a natural ease in earning the trust of animals and calming them down.

HEXTECH SLOT:

Heart Starter: This small black stone is embedded on the chest-plate of his armor. In any event that his heart ever stops for longer than a few seconds, the stone will send a succession of shocks to his heart in an attempt to revive him. Can only be activated/used once. The stone "synchs" with his heartbeat, and even when the chest-plate isn't worn, if you put your ear to the stone you can hear his heartbeat.

WEAPON AND ARMOR UPDATES:

WEAPONS

Grappling Chain - A nice metal chain for grabbing people and swirling around feet. Good for tripping people. It's immune to wear and tear and always keeps its shine. [Uncommon]

Long Sword - A well-kept sword. Heavy, good for slicing. The grip has little swirly designs and there is an orange stone in the pommel. The stone allows the weapon to deal greater damage.[Rare]

ARMOR

Gorget - Black. Protects the neck and clavicle. Magically fortified to be stronger. [Uncommon]

Sabatons - Plated black armor for the feet - but enchanted to be comfy and silence his steps. [Rare]

Breastplate and Pauldrons - Black armor, with a small black hextech stone over his heart. Enchanted to be resistant to wear. Covers the chest, shoulders, and back. Includes faulds and culet, protecting the waist, hips, and the small of the back. Brigandine underneath. [Rare]

Vambrace and Gauntlets - Black. Enchanted to protect from wear and absorb shock from hits. Upper and lower vambrace, protects the arms and hands. Has chain-mail and sleeves underneath. [Rare]

EXTRA ACCESSORRY THAT I FORGOT:

Runic Staff - Staff with runic stone that allows him to find rare and forbidden magical items. It is made of a dark, almost black wood and the stone engraved in the top is a swirling purple and blue.

177 Reviews

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:46 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

post is up tag you're it

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:20 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

i know paimon's relationship w/her parents is strained but wow her dad is so fun to read hahah - i'm GLAD WE GET TO MEET THEM EVEN THO IT BRINGS UP ALL THIS ANGST

also paimon confessing to accidentally killing her brother in the middle of trying to break into a military bunker is just, such a vibe... and it fits her so well. I love it, but also Paimon.... honey ;-;

ALSO MAN, the end of that post is so intense AAAAAAH
IM LOVING THIs stORyyy

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:21 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm sorry.... That post is B R U T A L

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:22 am
View Likes
Omni says...

me: we should take a break from writing

sound:

chaser:

sound & chaser: *starts writing immediately*

me: idk how i like the nua plot tho

sound: *fleshes out bel's blackout*

me: okay but--

sound: writes 5k post

me: the bre--

chaser: *writes wonderful post with family backstory*

me: wow nice, but lets take a br--

scar: *makes an outline*

me: --eak

scar: *writes post about eli getting captured and brutal torture*

me:

me:

me: it's my turn to write, isn't it

sass levels loading

[he/him]

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb