Young Writers Society

Voltron: The Protectors [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oh, okay! If you have any questions about how anything mentioned after that works, I'd be happy to answer them. I'll also try to get the character templates up sometime this weekend.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:38 pm
Europa says...

Voltron? HECK YEAH!!!!!!! I'm claiming the Red Paladin!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the team, @Europa! Do you want to be the person who lives in the shack, or be one of the three students who sneak out?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just wanted to double post to say that I should have the character templates up by Wednesday at the latest, though I am going to try knocking them out today.
mage

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:11 pm
Europa says...

Actually, I had a different idea for it. I was thinking my character could be a member of the Blade of Mamora who's been tracking the lions secretly and making sure it isn't delivered into the Galra Empire's hands. Of course, the only reach a signal from two lions, hers and the blue (Because if we're going by the events of the actual show that's the first one that's been found.) once Blue get's found and her signal starts to come alive she leaves to find the people who activated it and that's how she comes across the rest of the team. Perhaps I could also play another character who they think is the red paladin, but for some strange reason it won't respond to him. it takes until my currently unnamed Galra girl finds them for red to activate.
as for this possible NPC who will be the future Red (herring) Paladin, He will be sneaking out of the Garrison with Future Black.
Last edited by Europa on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:24 pm
Mageheart says...

I like your idea about the red paladin! I love the idea of expanding on the Blade of Mamora, and I also love the idea of having another Galra on the team. (My black paladin is half Galra, though she doesn't know it at first.) It would make for some interesting chemistry with Allura and Coran as well. But instead of her meeting them later on, maybe she meets them when they get to the blue lion? Then Allura could - reluctantly - decide that she must be the Red Paladin once they get to the castle.

Maybe the yellow paladin lives in the shack? Having two students sneaking out of the Garrison instead of three would still work, and I think we need someone to take the role of the person who helps them break the former prisoner out. It would also be cool if that character was close with the blue paladin prior to the Kerberos mission.

Alternatively, the Blade could have technology that basically changes how people see you, and your character could be hiding out among the Garrison students to get a look at the information there, as well as keep an eye on the blue lion. If worse came to worse, she could alert the Garrison's teachers of the alien threat as a backup.

How does that sound, everyone?

In other notes, the template is now up! Feel free to make your character's profile whenever you want to. I just have a quick thing to say about the personality. I mentioned some traits in this DT, so please include those in your character's profile.
mage

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:45 pm
Europa says...

Maybe Kalkira could get there just as blue is wormholing away, and shoots at the Galra ship just in time to give them an opening to do so. SHe tracks their signal to Aris, but her ship probably doesn't have wormholing abilities, so she doesn't get there until she gets close enough for the red lion to notice. They could have her on the ship, and suddenly she activates. They think she's finally responding to red herring, but the red lion just whizzes off into space and wormholes away. she comes back will Kalkira inside and in pretty awful shape. This way we can compromise between your idea and mine. this NPC, whoever they end up being, can have an interesting conflict of being sort of the fringes of the team as they grow closer, and trying to find their role within the team even though they aren't a paladin.

45 Reviews

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:38 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Posted Kal's character page!

45 Reviews

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:48 pm
Europa says...

Also, I would like to point out there are more races you guys' charaters can be besides human, and I'm all for some ailien diversity.

Here's a link to a list of species I found:
http://vld.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Species
On another note, I was wondering if it would be okay for my red herring to be part Puigan. (See Species List.) I also thought that he could be thought to be the red paladin because he fits the personality role better that Kal, who after recover a little actually seems at first to be a good fit for the yellow lion. But when they find the Yellow Lion its Red Herring she chooses as a pilot. And as they develop and you see more of these characters nuances it becomes clearer over time why their roles seemed to have been switched around. I guess the question would be, could I also play the yellow paladin?

Maybe, to get in a little variation from the actual show, we could deviate the story when they find Allura and Coran on Aris. They find the other lions, but Yellow gets taken by the Galra. Without the Red Lion, they don't have the force needed to retrieve it, and without the yellow lion they can't get at the Black Lion without the Black Lion they can't form Voltron. Thisw ould give Red Herring some guilt because he thinks the reason that yellow was taken was because he couldn't get Red to respond.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

I'll be the yellow paladin! I guess I'll take whatever role's left. Also, note to everyone, I haven't been in a story book before so I'm a bit nervous haha.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

45 Reviews

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Hey @saentiel, just wondering if we have a set starting date?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 pm
Mageheart says...

I don't have a specific one, but I was thinking of making the first post soon! Also, I should have a WFP link posted here soon where we can all discuss the plot. Feel free to drop by whenever you get a chance!

When I do have the first post up, expect a challenge with it!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 pm
Mageheart says...

I almost named my character Cassandra Holt because I love the meaning of that last name and it sounds good together.

Then I remembered that it's already a name in the actual Voltron.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 pm
Mageheart says...

@Europa, do you know any names that sound vaguely Galra-like? I want to give one to Cassie as her middle name to hint at her heritage, but I don't even know where to begin.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Sassafras, @Sheytato and @EternalRain, this isn't required when you make your characters, but can you try making them diverse? One of the things that I love about Voltron is how everyone isn't white, and I think it would be pretty cool if we could have that here as well.
mage

queer and here.

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound