Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Oswin1800 - Added!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm
JustJasper says...

Yay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:57 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Rydia yesss okapi!!!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

For some reason, my mind just went, "Can I claim dragon?" Needless to say, the answer is no. XD The second animal that came to mind is narwhal, which won't work either. XD x2
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:20 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

You could do a Komodo dragon. We don't have any reptiles yet. :P
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Oh my gosh. GUYS.

What if there was a girl character created that was essentially equal to Neon. Just as smart and crazy. He would have finally met his match. She could turn into a puppy and they could call her the puppy of doom. And she could wear a bandana over her shoulders just like Neon wears his scarf. ADDITION: Like, what if Neon was just totally in awe of this girl. He's just like terrified and fascinated and speechless all at the same time, because he's never met someone else who's on, or even above, his level.

THEY WOULD BE SO CUTE TOGETHER. *falls over*

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:09 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

^I absolutely approve.

What are we going to do with Jinx, by the way? Have I just officially adopted him? (I'm fine with that!)

And then there's also Michael, Dan, etc.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I have a friend who would fix the reptile issue within seconds, but I'm personally a mammal fan all the way. I'm thinking bat now, but I'll just wait for the thoughts to settle. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45

93 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Wolfical If you want to keep writing for Jinx, you're certainly welcome to officially adopt him. :D If not, we can just make him a secondary character. I pretty much adopted Gwen, unless Sunshine decides to come back.

I believe Michael, Dan and Neon are the only original characters left that I haven't heard anything about for 2.0.. If Dino, Lordzeus and Chaser decide not to join again, then I'll leave it up to them whether they want their characters to be taken over by someone else, become secondary characters or have their storylines resolved. In the mean time, they'll probably just become secondary characters until I hear from them.

@AstralHunter You should totally give them the heads up on the SB. A reptile would be awesome!

Also, I think Bat would be a really cool choice. The fact that they're blind and use echo-location could cause some neat complications and abilities for them to figure out!

@Europa Accepted!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:51 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Looks like I'm going with the female Okapi then! Thanks @LeftyWriter and @Wolfical :D
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:21 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Bats aren't blind! They can see perfectly fine in daylight. D:
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

*mind blown*

How have I got my entire life without knowing this.

Anyway, scratch the blind part. They still use echo-location. :D

293 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:47 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I quickly researched bats just to ensure I have my facts right, and technically, there are two kinds of bat (using the traditional classification): macrobats and microbats.

Microbats are the small, ugly (sorry! XD) bats that use echolocation and largely feed off insects. The reason they hunt at night is to minimise competition with birds and contact with potential predators. Their visual acuity is indeed poor and they can, at best, see in shades of grey, but no bat is truly blind. Cave-dwelling microbats often utilise very dim light to see.

Megabats, in contrast, are less ugly (in my opinion) and are colloquially called flying foxes. They eat either fruit or nectar and, as such, can see perfectly fine in both day and night. In fact, they can see in colour and their vision sometimes exceeds that of humans. However, they have lost their ability to echolocate. For the most part, these do not come to mind when people think "bat". XD
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:36 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Huh, you learn something new everyday.

Well, even if I was incorrect on about 90% of my bat knowledge, I still think they're awesome and that it would be a cool choice. :D

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead