z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:16 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@AstralHunter I would say to go ahead and make your character the way you're planning. There's another person interested in joining (they PMed me) and I don't know what gender they were planning to make their character. Also, I was thinking about making different character who would be a boy, and, in the end, it's not super important for the genders to be perfectly equal.

As for the girl character I was talking about, I'm still waiting on Chaser to see if he likes the idea, since that character would be greatly tied to his character.

I'm sure whichever gender you go with for your character, it's gonna be great!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:15 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

So I've been doing a bit of research, and I found something that got me thinking. There's this condition called ''intraoperative awareness'' where anesthesia doesn't work right on a patient, and they'll wake up while an operation is still in progress. I was wondering how this might affect a character if this happened to them.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:35 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Europa: traumatically. :P

@LeftyWriter, okay then! I'm at work right now, but I'll work on the profile when I get back home.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:15 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Vellichor - Accepted!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:48 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

So, due to a parent-issued electronics detox, I won't be able to get back on the site until the end of the summer. I'll be on today and tomorrow, but after that I won't be on until sometime in august. @Oswin1800 I will entrust Alex to you if this SB starts without me.
I'll miss you guys! See you in August!

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:44 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Europa, you will be as The Shadow of Hans Christian Anderson and shine in your absence. We shall eagerly await your return!

In the meantime, I'm so sorry for taking so long on my profile, @LeftyWriter! When comparing the time elapsed with the amount of text written, this must be the longest it's ever taken me to write a CP. I'm not surprised that I'm the slowest one here, but... really?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:07 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@LeftyWriter, it is done! Sorry for taking forever. (A couple of weeks, but whatever.) It's not even my best character, but I decided starting with an obviously flat character is a good way to set her up for characterisation throughout the story.

Below are two images I figured you could use for the banner. I prefer the first one, since snakes are always tasting the air with their tongues and people remember them that way, but I supposed a second option, just in case, would be nice. This way, I can also ensure you don't have to guess which snake is the right one. (You have no idea how annoying it is looking for pictures of King Cobras and finding pictures of Indian/Spectacled Cobras instead. <_<)
Spoiler! :

— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:09 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Wow, that was accepted quickly. XD
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Europa Thanks for letting us know, Europa. I look forward to your return in August!

@AstralHunter No worries on taking a bit to get the CP up. When I came on, I saw that it was pending and I haven't been on much the last couple days so I was like, "oh! I wonder how long that's been pending. I should probably accept that." :P I guess it wasn't up too long. Anyway, accepted! I will definitely see what I can do with those pics. Thanks!

--------

Sorry I've been so inactive the last couple days. I've been practically working full time this week (and then some) so I've had very little time to get on.

Now that Astral has gotten their CP submitted, I think I will go ahead and close the SB. I was thinking maybe we could start on Saturday?

As for Dan and Michael, I haven't heard anything else from @LordZeus or @Steggy, so I think we should go ahead without them. They can join in later if they like and for now we'll just have them as secondary characters until I know what their plans are.

93 Reviews

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Also, it looks like the results on the poll for "Should the Animorphers get bulletproof morphing suits?" are in.

The winner with six votes is that they should get upgraded suits with better protection, but that they shouldn't be bulletproof.

93 Reviews

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:13 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Here are the rest of the banners:

Jared:

Spoiler! :

Imani (Updated):

I took a look at the pictures you suggested, and while they're both really good pictures, I was having some trouble getting them to work. One of them was too small and it looked horribly blurry on the banner, while the other Okapi isn't facing completely forward, which caused some complications. I can show you what they looked like, but I couldn't really get either of them to work. The original picture I used is really the only picture of a baby okapi that I can find, unfortunately, that's looking straight forward. I was able, however, to whiten the face on the original picture.

Spoiler! :

I can keep looking for another baby okapi picture, I just don't have a ton of time this week. But when stuff clears up for me a bit, I might be able to take a bit more time making the banner better. Sorry! I wish there was more I could do. :/

Jaye:

I Made Jaye's banner out of the pictures you provided. However, the human picture was a little blurry with the size I needed to make it. It still looks pretty good, but I made two different versions (one with the original pic, one with a pic I found that I thought might work. The pic I found, the girl also looks a little younger.) So take a look at both, let me know what you think. Whichever you pick (or if you want to try something else) is fine. Just let me know.

Spoiler! :

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:08 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Darn it, okapi calves! Face forward!

I can't really find any either, except maybe this one.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 am
View Likes
Vellichor says...

Was I meant to submit an image of my CP's animal? @LeftyWriter
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:22 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

That's okay @LeftyWriter, thank you so much for trying and lightening the face of the other pic at least makes it clearer that it's an okapi :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:20 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The banners look fantastic, @LeftyWriter! I see what you mean with the second girl being younger. The blur in the first banner is barely noticeable, though, so it will do perfectly. ...But come to think of it, that actually makes the second girl more suitable than the first one; yours looks like she falls within your age restriction of eleven to fourteen, whereas mine looks more like fifteen or sixteen. Hmm...

Could you provide the picture you used for the second banner? I don't want my character to be older than you intended, so I'll just use your image and update my CP.
— Paul the Apostle

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi