z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:21 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Vellichor Nope! A picture of the animal isn't necessary. I think AstralHunter was just helping me out and wanted to make sure I got the correct snake.

And... I just realized that I skipped little Pete! :o My bad! Here's his banner. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything:

Pete
Spoiler! :

------

@Wolfical and @Rydia, yeah, I had found that picture at some point during my search and it was really the only other one I could find. :P This is what it looks like on the banner:

Spoiler! :

If you'd prefer this banner, that's fine. Just let me know. But as I was playing around with it, I thought the first one turned out a little better.

@AstralHunter

Thanks! Sure, I can send you the pic. Here it is:

Spoiler! :
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:27 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

So, before we start the SB, we should probably figure out how each of the original Animorphers feel about F.U.S.E.. I'm guessing most of them would be skeptical, but I few would probably be curious/interested. I'm also not sure where Neon would stand given that the last thing that happened with him was that he was going to go look for Mr. Neil. Did he find him? If so, does he know what Mr. Neil is up to?

For my characters, I'm going to say:

Gwen is pro F.U.S.E.
Layla is anti F.U.S.E.
Cole is curious about F.U.S.E., but hasn't been visiting them. He's slowly warming up to the idea the more the others visit them. All he knows is that, whoever these rebel people are, he doesn't trust them.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:03 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Uh... I know I should know this but what's F.U.S.E. again and what does it stand for? They don't have anything to do with The Protectorate, do they? Are they a government thingy?
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Neon is anti-F.U.S.E., though it's more a matter of pride than safety for him. Also, he spends the time between 1.0 and 2.0 looking for leads on the original scientists. Finding a link between Mr. Neil and F.U.S.E. could be a catalyst that forces the Animorphers to choose whether to trust F.U.S.E., and those suspicions could lead them straight to the 2.0 project. This can happen anytime or not at all.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

93 Reviews

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:15 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Wolfical - F.U.S.E. stands for Federal Unit of Scentific Experimentaion. They're the government unit that funded/was behind the original experiment. They saved Gwen from the Japanese Assasins in the hospital and they're also pairing with Mr. Neil to recreate the experiment. They aren't at all tied to The Protectorate, in fact, they're more or less enemies given that the Protectorate doesn't believe in the experiment and wants to stop it.

440 Reviews

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:40 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Charlotte and Jinx would be anti-F.U.S.E. then. What would be the reasons at this point for anyone but Gwen to be in favor of them? They seem to be pretty obviously the bad guys to me since they started this whole mess and wanted our characters to be soldiers. Although I guess the characters don't know the whole story like we do.
and do not be afraid.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

I like that the first one has more of the body showing but the second is just too cute! It also kind of matches Charlotte's banner so can I have the new one please :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks, @LeftyWriter! I have updated the CP and included a minor adjustment about the skin tone. This second girl fits a lot better with the character than the first one, in my opinion.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

It makes sense that they would be skeptical, but F.U.S.E. also claimed that a lot of the details of the experiment were kept from them, like the age and willingness of the test subjects. They also offered them medical aid/checkups since the kids were never checked out after the experiment and can't be checked out but anyone but them, and some of the kids might kind of wonder if they're ok after seeing the videos of the procedures. They also told Gwen that they wanted to protect the kids from the Japanese and find a way to stop them, which might be particularly appealing now that Riley almost died.

Most definitely would be against them, and it's fine if it's only Gwen who isn't. I just thought it would be good to know before writing anything for Gwen.

If anyone is interested, I have enspoilered the part of my Gwen post when F.U.S.E. talks to her.

Spoiler! :

I opened my eyes just as all four Japanese assassins fell to the ground, revealing the four men standing behind them, holding their own silenced guns. They all wore unmarked army-green jackets and grey baseball caps. They each lowered their weapons.

My eyes faded back to normal. I stared at them, frozen. They stared at me. Then finally one of them said, "What is your name?"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked.

"Does Project Miles Eximius mean anything to you?"

My eyes widened a little. Just then, Emma came around the corner.

"Gwen, there you a--" She stopped cold. Looked down at the men on the floor, then up at the four men surrounding me. "What is--"

"Your name is Gwen?" one of the men said to me.

I looked back at him. "Who are you?"

"We're agents of F.U.S.E.. Does that mean anything to you?"

I shook my head a little. "What is F.U.S.E.?"

"Federal Unit of Scientific Experimentation. We green lit Project Miles Eximius. You were involved, weren't you? Both of you?"

I didn't know who these men were, or if they could be trusted. But they saved my life and seemed to have answers. So I gave them a small nod.

"My name is Jay," the man said. "It's not safe to talk here. Come with me."

Jay led us down the hall, leaving his comrades to clean up the mess. It was just him, me and Emma, which made me feel a little better. There was more of us than there was of him, and based on what he said, he should know what we're capable of. If he was planning to kill us or capture us, he would have done it by now.

He led us up to the roof of the hospital. It was a bitter cold day. A light wind tossed my hair around, made a chill run down my spine.

Finally he turned to face us. Took us in for a moment. "God, you're just kids."

"If you green lit the experiment, why don't you know who we are?" I asked.

"F.U.S.E. provided the funding for the project, but everything involved was done at M.E.L.. All of the data and records were stored in their computers. Once the lab was bombed, we lost everything having to do with the experiment, including the identity profiles of the test subjects."

"You mean of us," Emma butted in. "We were the test subjects."

"Yes, I'm sorry," Jay said. "There was a lot Dr. Liam and Dr. Neil kept from us, including the ages of who would be involved and whether they would be willing or not. The project didn't go how we intended. It was a failure and now we're trying to clean up our mess... our mistakes."

"That sounds a lot like what the Japanese are trying to do, only they want to kill us," Emma said.

"Our intensions are quite the contrary. We want to protect you from the Japanese until we can find a way to stop them. We've completely shut down the experiment. No more trials or tests. Now we just want to make things right," he explained.

"Why now?" I asked.

"Like I said, after the lab was bombed, we didn't know who you were. We've been spending every waking hour of the last three weeks trying to find you guys. We kept hitting dead ends or missing you by a couple of hours... but when Riley West was brought into the hospital, it put you guys on the map," he said. "It allowed us to find you, but that also means it's going to make it easier for others to find you as well, which is why you're going to need our protection."

"Why should we trust you?" Emma asked.

Jay ponders her question for a moment. "Like I said, we just want to make things right. Enough lives have ended because of this. We don't want yours to be added to that list. And after everything you guys have been through, you could probably use someone you can trust, and above all else, someone who understands. You don't have to keep your secret from us. We probably know more about it than you do."

I crossed my arms over my chest, bracing myself from the cold that was starting to seep into my clothes. "So, what do you want from us?"

"Because the lab was bombed, the project was interrupted. We never got to run tests on you after the initial experiment. You kids underwent something that no one else has ever gone through before. We'd just like to do a check up to make sure you're all okay. On top of that, we'd like to give you a safe place to come to, and allies in times of need. You kids have been carrying this burden for a long time. Let us take some of it off your shoulders."

Emma and I looked at each other for a long moment, then looked back at him. Neither of us were sure what to say.

Finally, Jay gave us a smile. "I know it's a lot to take in. Take my card, and call me once you've had time to process and tell your friends." He handed me his card, then looked sincerely into my eyes and said. "I promise you, you can trust us. Make the right decision before more of your friends are almost killed."

Then he looked over at Emma and said, "It was a pleasure meeting both of you. I hope to see you again soon." Then he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his green jacket and headed for the door to the stairwell.

And just like that, our world had been flipped upside down all over again.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Popping back up for a few second because I realized I hadn't given Riley a writer. @LeftyWriter would you like to character-sit for me? (She'll be anti-F.U.S.E by the way.)

440 Reviews

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:15 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Ohhh okay, I remember all that stuff now. I actually think Charlotte's a rather trusting person and could end up siding with Gwen on this one.
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:14 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Europa - Sure! No problem!

@Wolfical - Yeah, I could definitely see Charlotte siding with Gwen. What do you think Michael would be? I'm thinking probably against...

In Dan's last post, he seemed pretty sure that he was against F.U.S.E. And Emma seemed a bit on the fence, but I could see her leaning to join Gwen.

----------

I am going to go ahead and declare the SB started, so anyone can start posting whenever. I assume the visiting F.U.S.E. thing shouldn't be too drawn out since it might make the new animorphers have to wait for their storyline to come in, so should I have Gwen discover the new lab in her first post? Then should we jump right in to the Animorphers being arrested, if that's what we're doing? Did someone else want to discover the lab?

So excited, btw!

93 Reviews

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

First post of Animorphers 2.0.! YAY!!! :D

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

oh shoot we're starting? i just got back from vacation so i gotta catch up on the DT, sorry
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

440 Reviews

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Yayyyyyy! Awesome post, Lefty. I'm loving Jared already. Also, Jay O:

Yeah, let's go with against for Michael. There could be some drama and arguing in his and Charlotte's relationship. d:

We have a lot of characters, and 17 CPs. Dang. Might we eventually at least kill off those who don't have CPs?
and do not be afraid.

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening