Reviews: 271
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 pm
Gravity says...

rigid rounds?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 pm
Europa says...

The rounds are for two weeks each. I had already posted for Riley and Alex so I didn't know whether posting again would have been a problem.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:59 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Wolfical - awww thank you! Glad you liked it. :D

@Steggy - Great post!

----

As for the rigid rounds, at the beginning I mentioned that each round of posts would be two weeks long and that each character could be posted for once during that time. After a round ended, even if there were people who hadn't posted, the round would "reset" and everyone could post again.

I mainly did that while the new characters got their introductory posts in and for timing purposes, as the two storylines needed to match up with each other.

I don't think the rigid rounds are as important now that we're a few rounds in and most of the characters have been posted for. So I would say, as long you there isn't any double posting (same character posted for back-to-back) then it's fine to post whenever. If you have an idea for a post and would like to post it, go for it. ;)

So, yes @Europa. You can go ahead and submit another Riley post if you like. I'm looking forward to reading it!

---

I've been super busy (sorry I keep disappearing!), but I should have a lot more time over the next few days and I'll try to have a post for Jared up soon.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Sorry nothing's been posted yet, guys. I've been really tied up with stuff, but hopefully I'll be able to work on it more this weekend!

271 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 am
Gravity says...

Sorry guys! I didn't realize in my post how the chairs actually worked. Anyway, this SB hasn't been super active, so who is posting next? I'm getting really excited.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:10 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

I'm afraid I have neglected my story book duties of late. Don't worry I'm back now. Stuff has been crazy but I'm ready to write again.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 pm
Rydia says...

Sorry, I'm even further behind! I promise I'll get a post out for Marnie in the next couple of days though :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

45 Reviews

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:47 pm
Europa says...

So now that the kids are starting to go into the chairs, when should the big morphers go in and rescue them?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Posted! Sorry it's a bit of a re-cap, but I wanted to catch Marnie's storyline up to the other young kids.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

93 Reviews

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Great posts, guys! Sorry I haven't been very active. I'm helping with another camp over fall break among other things that seem to be eating up all my time.

To answer your question, @Europa, I think it would be good if the original animorphers rescued them soon, since I think we were planning to have them be rescued before any of them morph. It would probably be good to have an original Animorpher or two introduce the rebel base and show them getting settled in there and one post about them being briefed on/preparing for the mission. After that, I think it would make sense for them to jump right into the rescue.

Also, currently all of the original Animorphers are separated in pairs and are being brought into the base, so if anyone still wanted to do a post of a flashback on how they met or a general post between the two characters to develop their relationship, that's cool, too. I think we should try to work out who wants to post when/for what so that everyone knows what's going on.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts/ideas on the next part. What I said above is just what I was thinking, so let me know if you have ideas for it too.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm
TheSilverFox says...

I was hoping to do a small Josh post after the chair thing (so we didn't have to explain it for the millionth time), where maybe he lounges around or visits one of the new Animorphers or something (and maybe stumbles on plot-important stuff in the process). I want to write it by the weekend, but I find myself with a lot less spare time than normal, so we'll see?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm
Steggy says...

Is there possibly a sort of list of pairings for the original Animorphers or do we create a pair between two people? I personally think that would be beneficial to helping each person when writing their post and they could also pick who they might be able to pair with?

Also, I could do a flashback post but I don't know if everyone has posted that needs to be posted during this round so I'll hold back on doing so.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

That's sound great @TheSilverFox.

@Steggy, I think it's up to you who you'd like Michael to be paired with. I already have Cole & Riley and Layla & Jinx in pairs, but any pair you want to do besides them is cool. You already did a flashback of how he met Charlotte which was great, but you're certainly welcome to do another if you have another character in mind to do a flashback with. I don't think the rounds are quiet as important now as they were in the beginning, so if you want to write another post, you're more than welcome to any time.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Ah, okay, thank you for answering that @LeftyWriter! I'm going to stick with Charlotte probably and most likely won't have a post done until this upcoming weekend or next week.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

271 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:37 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

I was wondering, could we do it so the big animorphers are shocked when they see Penny? She's so much younger than the others, I feel like that would anger them even more than they already are.

Also, I was wondering if maybe two of the big animorphers (maybe a couple? Guy and girl) could help take care of Penny? Or is it strictly in pairs or something? I thought Penny could help a couple who is romantically involved trust and rely on each other.

Also, Penny can speak some English but she is mostly nonverbal. As her hearing comes back, she won't understand the sounds of English words and she'll be between speaking out loud and signing. Maybe whoever takes the main charge over Penny could word to learn to sign a little?

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester