z

Young Writers Society

Battle School DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Terian805 *waves* Might as well greet you, since I'm here. 'Tis fine if you're late! Later-comers have joined started SBs before, myself included.

Hope you'll enjoy yourself somewhere along the way!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:25 pm
View Likes
jimss23 says...

@Terian805

The plan right now is to start soon, but this SB will be open continuously and I am trying to set it up so anyone can jump in at any time.

There is no rush. We all have lives and those definitely take priority.
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:27 pm
Amnesia says...

Fun Fact: most SB's actually have more than 2 NPC's and THEY DO NOT TAKE PLACES FROM PROBABLE ADDITIONS TO THE SB Just thought I would throw that in since not everyone has had a lot of experience with an SB before
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I have - well, not more than a lot of people in this place, or anything - but from what I've seen, it's usually better to start small and gradually add stuff as the lore and world of an SB is established.
*shrug* Like I said last time, just my two cetns on the matter.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm
sheysse says...

As someone who also has some experience with SBs, I suggest another option to lore building is a plotting session of WFP. It gives everyone a chance to put their heads together in real-time, and often some great plans are made.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:03 pm
Terian805 says...

Made a CT but I can't seem to upload a picture???
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 pm
Basil says...

@Terian805 what sort of trouble are you having?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

31 Reviews

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:17 pm
Terian805 says...

I click, upload picture and put the URL in, and when I put my CT up the screen comes up with random bits of code. I reload the page, and I see my CT there but with no picture?

31 Reviews

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 pm
Terian805 says...

No worries, fixed it!

52 Reviews

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:59 pm
jimss23 says...

@Terian805

CT looks good to me. You're good to go.

-Jim

52 Reviews

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:06 pm
jimss23 says...

@Terian805
@Basil
@Tortwag
@Remembrance
@LordZeus
@Sheyren

I will soon be releasing (hopefully) a link to a PowerPoint with a slew of NPC's in it, including teachers, a few random students, and major players complete with pictures and descriptions. These characters can be used as you wish and you are free to create your own.

Also, before we got started I wanted to just add one thing about NPC's. You are completely free to use them how you see fit, with the exception of Donovan. I'm not trying to be a hoarder or hog him, but he is super God-modded so I want to only use him sparingly. If you want to use him in a post, ask me first. He is the only NPC you have to do that with though.

I will also be creating a WFP that will be used to record who does what, so when you write your posts I will update the WFP with what happened. This is so any newcomers don't have to read every single post in order to figure out what is going on.

If you want to do any detailed planning as Sheyren suggested, I can create a WFP for that too.

Cheers,

Jimmy

-Jim

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:18 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey @jimss23 I think things about coloring are getting a little confusingfr me. You see, I mentioned in my CP that my character is brown skinned and black haired, which is the natural coloring of a southerner, which is why he is often mistaken as one.

yet now we have a southerner who is pale, and northerner who is brown skinned. I'm not complaining about other people's characters, I'm just asking if you could fix the general looks and ethnicities of the regions so we all know them, and we can (including myself) tailor our CT's accordingly.

What I said in my CT was because I thought it would make more sense for those in the cold north to be paler than those in the hot south, given that that is how the environment on our own planet works. I'd accept that changed if that is what you wish, but I'd like to know it.

52 Reviews

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:40 pm
jimss23 says...

So, looking back on the CT, I now notice that most of our Southern Characters are pale with dark hair, and our Northerners are darker skinned. I think at this point we should just run with it rather than try to change it.

@LordZeus

Do you want to adjust accordingly? I know it is a little unusual, but it would allow you to keep that part of your CT.

I would say just make him pale with jet black hair, like Sullivan or Demitri.

-Jim

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:51 pm
LordZeus says...

Well...I'm willing to consider it @jimss23. I might just change that section of my CP (about being mistaken as a southerner), so I'll think on this.

But about the northern characters, @Basil 's Alarin Wessendon is a pale northerner, so she may also want to weigh in on this.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:06 pm
Basil says...

Alarin actually has fairly tanned skin, and that could be because of any number of reasons, like genetics maybe. I don't think we should match skin tones with the places. As @jimss23 said we are free to do as we wish. And I think different regions of the (can i say kingdoms?) Kingdoms have different ethnicities. If I'm to go by a conversation with Jim ^^
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow