Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 pm
Robusto says...

It's Psyche's time to shine!
FYI... don't trust her. At all.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:38 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto For about 20 seconds, I got scared, thinking that you were done preparing a Psyche Battle.

Then I remembered you weren't the main Dungeon Master anymore, and that this wasn't the PMD I'm used to.

DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH YOUR SCARY MASTERY OF THINGS HAS SCARRED MY BRAIN FOR LIFE
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:01 am
Robusto says...

Nope. Psyche is my character's name. Appropriate, I think.

But dearest @Astralhunter ... what say you about putting psyche battles into this?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:05 am
StupidSoup says...

I guess his codename'll be soup
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:23 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto, yes, I realized it after these 20 first seconds, don't worry.

And as much as you've scarred ME of all people for life, if Astral actually does include some form of missions similar to Psyche Battles, both of you know me enough to realize that I wouldn't back down for that kind of challenge, and would most certainly attempt to smash it under my foot :3

I'd be like

Yes. Precisely.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:49 am
StupidSoup says...

And I'd be like

TheSilverFox has removed this gif and placed the link in its place on the grounds of it depicting more violence and blood than he feels is appropriate in this DT. He isn't sure why he is referring to himself in the third person (though this might be due to his having a nasty headache and watching The Maze Runner, which provided far more questions than answers and was, needless to say, one crazy movie), but he would like to please note Numbers to keep an eye on the nature of his DT posts before he posts them. (I need sleep)

Spoiler! :
http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/selfie-stick-cyanide-and-happiness.gif

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:24 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Rules wrote:Don't be cynical.

You're expecting a lot out of me, Hunter. And does this mean at all or over the top? Because cynicism is kinda fun xD
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:38 am
Poopsie says...

you wot m9y
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:35 am
BrumalHunter says...

@StupidSoup, your character's codename is Helenis, a Trojan seer as famous as his sister Cassandra, except people actually believed him when he proclaimed his visions. As luck would have it, though, Cassandra will be encountered soon.

@Robusto, Psyche is a Hypno, aka one of the Pokémon I trust the least. Ever. (And @Tortwag, the "Dungeon Master" of any SB is only ever the creator, unless two or more people were involved, such as Carina and Jhinx with C.A.M.P., so there is never a "main Dungeon Master". ;) )

Oh, but to anwer your question, no, I shall not include Psyche Battles, for the the simple reasons that one, you trademarked them, and two, the cast actually has a say in what their results are. You thought you could decide on the outcome as if this was a democracy? Aww, bless you naive souls. :twisted:

Your characters will face three-hundred-and-seventy-two (372) other Pokémon (please come into the habit of using the term "Thetas" instead of "Pokémon") in a variety of situations. For each, there are five possibilities for how the situation can be resolved. I shall provide them momentarily, but they will also be on the first page of this and any future DT for ease of reference.

Now, I call these options "The Five C's".
1. Convert - This is the best possible outcome, since a Theta is convinced to join the heroes/heroines and become and Alpha themselves.
2. Camouflage - Sometimes, all a Theta wants is to live a normal life, so the Alphas must hide them from the public's view and erase any records of their abilities as far as possible.
3. Cajole - In this case, the public labels a Theta who only wanted to test their newly-discovered abilities as dangerous, which upsets the Theta and leads them to actual violence; the Alphas must then calm the Theta down and afterwards do the same as in the previous situation.
4. Coerce - Not all Thetas are peaceful, but if the Alphas can make them understand the consequences of continued chaos, they may stand down, though what happens thereafter is no longer the Alphas' problem.
5. Capture - If a Theta causes trouble, loves doing it, and won't listen to reason, they have to be incarcerated in the cells inside Tartarus to prevent them from spreading further harm.

For one-hundred-and-one (101) of these instances, I have already decided upon the result. However, that still leaves two-hundred-and-seventy-one (271) of which the result is not predetermined, and of these, eighty (80) can become valuable allies or bitter enemies. All of their fates lie in your hands, but more specifically, your actions - yes, Robusto, you and everyone else read correctly: your actions. In fact- no, I'll rather not say that just yet.

If you handle your missions properly, I'm sure you'll be fine, though I sincerely doubt there will be any smashing of challenges under feet. You're always welcome to try, Tort - it is bound to be entertaining.

@TheSilverFox, thank you for deleting that gif, but in future, keep the reason concise and write it in the box below the post that says "reason for editing". Just some advice. ;)

@SpiritedWolfe, if Heracles is cynical the whole time, he's likely to get a time-out from Hekate, but if he's only cynical when he's in that kind of mood, you may go ahead. Just remember, Hekate wrote those rules, so she wil be annoyed by cynicism more than anyone else. :P

@Poopsie, I'm sorry, what? Please don't spam the DT. (Othewise Midas may get a time-out too. XD)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:15 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Okay, so, @Poopsie, I've had a look at your character profile. I'll make a list here of the things you have to change, but don't think that means I don't like your CP, because I do. Also, if you - or anyone else, once more CPs are submitted - see Hekate commented on your profile, don't be surprised. ;)

Spoiler! :
1. Your nickname and character profile name have to be your codename. Those two aren't officially part of the Questionnaire, so they don't have to be in-character. In your case, both have to be "Midas".

2. Remember, all the characters can speak English, so they know many names as well. However, they won't know what any of them mean, so if your character actually chose to be known as Midas, he wouldn't know the significance of the name and simply chose it because it sounded nice.

3. No, silly. XD You were supposed to leave open that second point. In fact, "Alex Atwater" should have been your chosen name instead of Midas.

4. That move list is your actual move list, so that is what Hekate will add herself in the next subsection. That subsection is where your character says which superpowers they would like to have, since they have no idea what their actual abilities are.

5. If your character woke up with no memories other than what he had gained during the few hours before he filled in that questionnaire, how does he know what dubstep (which isn't an acknowledged English word :P ) is? The colour is really the only one I expect anyone to enter, since you can see a multitude of colours on the way to the office. At first, they'll only know the colour's name, but as soon as they see it, they'll know what it is.

PS: Everyone, remember, your characters are amnesiacs, so the only information they should know about themselves are that which they learned in the few hours before they met Zeus and filled in that questionnaire. Thus, there are certain things I want you to leave open for now and only fill in once the characters discover the answers during the storybook.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:12 pm
Poopsie says...

whoopsies. I was just going straight off what you put

----------------
done
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:54 pm
BrumalHunter says...

So, @Poopsie, I have approved your profile. There's just one last thing I forgot to mention - everybody needs to pay attention to this, actually - I edited the character template one last time earlier today. All you have to do now is just add Midas' hair style in the subsection about his hair colour.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 pm
StupidSoup says...

Helenis?

.-. Buy why not something cool like soup?

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:38 am
BrumalHunter says...

Soup is by definition not cool.

EDIT: You will all see the storybook has been set to "Request to Join"; I know the topic tag I created will deter anybody who hasn't been invited, but that's not why I changed the SB from open to closed. I can only send newsletters to you if the SB is closed, and though I don't have any reason to send one yet, I am sure there will be one in future. If everyone would just click the "Request to Join" button as soon as possible, I can add you all.
— Paul the Apostle

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 am
Rydia says...

Love the name choice, @AstralHunter <3
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria