z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars: Rise of the Legion DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:21 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@TinyJarStoredDreams, the Fidsmors are on Myrkr, and I tried to write Dayoyme into the scene. She's a little hysterical right now, but if that doesn't work, please let me know and I'll try to change things. :)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@TinyJarStoredDreams Great post! just a couple of things I'd like you to change please. You mentioned Erik puffing out his chest as he asked if she had a light saber, but he wouldn't do that. He's not that kind of person. Perhaps it would be better if you said that he looked at her curiously as he asked if she bad a lightsaber. You see, he's 18, past the child stage so that last thing doesn't fit him.

Also, towards the end of your post you said that the kids were in awe. Well, Erik isn't really a kid as he is 18 (albeit with a great sense of daring and fun). Also, he travelled loved the galaxy for 7 years and has seen lightsabers and fights with them before. So, although Ro would probably looked awed, Erik would look wary (which is what he would feel). Could you please change that?

In any case, great post! I can't wait to see more of how our characters interact!

49 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

I posted again! Now I need to figure out how Grin and co. will get to a civilized location. I mean, if Dayo's been stranded in the jungle for the past 6 years, it seems they're kind of stuck.

It might be a good time for Ro (and maybe Erik?) to begin their Jedi training with Jasek. What do you guys think?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:38 pm
View Likes
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

LordZeus wrote:@TinyJarStoredDreams Great post! just a couple of things I'd like you to change please. You mentioned Erik puffing out his chest as he asked if she had a light saber, but he wouldn't do that. He's not that kind of person. Perhaps it would be better if you said that he looked at her curiously as he asked if she bad a lightsaber. You see, he's 18, past the child stage so that last thing doesn't fit him.

Also, towards the end of your post you said that the kids were in awe. Well, Erik isn't really a kid as he is 18 (albeit with a great sense of daring and fun). Also, he travelled loved the galaxy for 7 years and has seen lightsabers and fights with them before. So, although Ro would probably looked awed, Erik would look wary (which is what he would feel). Could you please change that?

In any case, great post! I can't wait to see more of how our characters interact!

Edited !!!
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:38 am
View Likes
Sevro says...

Heeheehee posted! Please let me know if anything needs changing!
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

39 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:05 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Allisonthewriter I dunno if they should start training just yet. I just think they should figure out the whole Dayo situation first. About getting to civilization, I did say that Zoruul's space port and the small town of disreputable people around it (called Ashtown, though I did not mention it) are far away from any other settlements on the planet so perhaps they could go there, and then it gets attacked by the Sith? Then both Ro and Erik could get captured by them. Just an idea, though I think they should at least go to Ashtown.

79 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:05 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

Just thought I'd clarify: the italicized portion in the middle of my post is a flashback. I'm not sure if it was a good idea to include that, but it just kind of came to me while I was writing my post. If anyone thinks that I should have chose a different route, please let me know, I can edit my post if need be!
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."

Spoiler! :

49 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:01 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@LordZeus sounds like a plan! Btw, I had a HUGE idea today about Erik, Ro, and Ro's mother's backstory. Please read the spoiler text below.

Spoiler! :

Ro's mother was a Sith, and was active in the Legion's early activities of kidnapping whole villages of potential younglings. Whichever parents didn't cooperate were slaughtered.

Ilyana and several other Sith acolytes were to forcibly take several younglings from a Jakku village, where she discovered her sister was living there, with her husband and young son, Erikenai. Her sister was struck down by another Sith, and her dying wish to Ilyana was that Ilyana take care of Erik for her.

Angry at the Sith for killing her sister, Ilyana escapes with her nephew, Erik, and uses the Force to temporarily wipe her own memories of the trauma. Grin and Jasek find her, wandering around the Niima Outpost with a lightsaber trapped to her belt, trying to find a way off the planet with her young companion. He takes her in, and she never does figure out where she wants to go, so she stays aboard the Jade Star. Over time, they fall in love, get married, and baby Ro is born. Ro inherits Ilyana's Force sensitivity.

Eventually, Ilyana's suppressed memories are triggered by the sight of a Sith associate from her old life. She resolves to return to the Legion for whatever reason (still figuring that out), and believes she can use her Force-sensitive child as leverage, an atonement of sorts for having left. The baby will be trained with the rest of the younglings as soon as she's old enough, Ilyana hopes. However, Ilyana abandoned Erik on Coruscant, because she knew that her sister wouldn't want him to become a Sith like her. It's a conflicting emotions thing.

Ilyana left her lightsaber behind on the Jade Star when she returned to the Legion, and Jasek figured out that she was once a trained Force-wielder. He, too, was trained as a Jedi, but deals primarily in recon missions for the Order. After Grin and Jasek rescue Ro from the Legion, he held on to the saber's kyber crystal in hopes of giving it to Ro someday.

This would make Erik and Ro cousins, and explains why Grin finds Erik familiar. He resembles Ilyana, because he's her nephew, and he lived briefly on the Jade Star as a little boy. As for the little girl's voice he heard in his flashback - I'm still trying to figure out who that might be. Ro was only a baby when Ilyana left, after all.

What do you think? :)

Also, about being attacked by the Sith, if no other Sith charries are active, perhaps we should adopt @Deskro's Atlis character and have him track them down. I'm thinking of introducing Ilyana as a playable character - perhaps she senses Ro's presence in the Force now, because she's been off her meds for some time, and sends Atlis to capture Ro.
Last edited by wakarimasen on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

49 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@Caterpickle - The post looks excellent! Lamar's so adorable!!! :leia

79 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:18 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

@AllisontheWriter, thanks, it was fun to write. I love love love that idea about Erik and Ro and whatnot. I'm so excited, everyone is going to meet up at some point and it's gonna be awesome!

Spoiler! :

49 Reviews

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:29 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Hi everyone - Hazel didn't have access to the Character Profile approval controls, but said I can go ahead and introduce this new character to the SB. I'm posting this here in place of a formal CP. This is Ilyana Fidsmor, Ro's mother and Grin's ex.

@LordZeus, if you'd like me to change Erik's involvement in Ilyana's backstory, please let me know. :)

Spoiler! :
Name: Ilyana Tahren Fidsmor

Race: Human

Appearance: Tall and pale, with dark auburn hair. They were once hazel, but since totally embracing the Dark Side of the Force, the pupils are entirely yellow. Has several facial tattoos, acquired after her return to the Legion.

Personality: Unnervingly calm one moment, and violently angry at another. Has trouble containing her emotions, and often uses this to her advantage.

History: A gifted Force-adept, Ilyana Tahren was taken by the Legion at a young age. (Her parents were cooperative, and so their lives were spared.) Ilyana was conditioned to serve the Sith with unconditional devotion.

Many years later, Ilyana took part in a raid against a Jakku village, in hopes of acquiring an apprentice of her own. She discovered that her sister and Force-sensitive nephew, Erikenai, were living there. Another Sith struck down her sister, who requested with her dying breath that Ilyana care for her child.

Angry at the Sith for having harmed her family, Ilyana deserted the Legion, and self-induced amnesia in hopes that she could forget her traumatic past.

The amnesiac Ilyana met a handsome young smuggler, Grin Fidsmor, and his co-pilot at the Niima Outpost, and asked them to ferry her and her nephew off the planet on their freighter, the Jade Star.

Ilyana ended up staying aboard the Jade Star, Fidsmor's freighter, for an extended period of time, and became close with the captain. They married, and she bore him a daughter, Roenna, who inherited her Force sensitivity.

Eventually, Ilyana's memories returned. She felt she couldn't resist the Dark Side's pull, and resolved to return to the Legion. She left with Erik and her Force-adept baby. In the end, she left Erik on Coruscant with a capable family, since her sister wouldn't have wanted him to join the Dark Side.

She dismissed her time away from the Legion with Grin as reckless infatuation, and absorbed herself solely in the pursuit of mastery over the Dark Side of the Force.

(Eventually, Grin and his co-pilot Jasek tracked Ilyana and the baby down, and stole Roenna away.)

Lightsaber description: Red, with an intricately detailed copper handle. She used to use a second violet blade, but left this behind on the Jade Star by mistake.

Family/friends: Sister, deceased; Erikenai Stone, nephew; Grin Fidsmor, estranged spouse; Roenna Fidsmor, daughter.

Up for Love: Not really. Technically, she's still married to Grin. He'd have to die (or formally divorce her, but she'd much rather kill him) before she could enter another romantic relationship in good conscience. Her superiors in the Legion don't know about her marriage, and have tried unsuccessfully to betroth her to other compatible acolytes.

I'm still no good with character relationships, so any thoughts you guys have are welcome! Since @Deskro put Atlis up for adoption, if nobody else is interested in him, I might have them work together.
Attachments
Ilyana2Sci-fi-Warrior-by-AzaleasDolls.jpg
Alternate Sith garb. (I was having way too much fun with the character designer. :P)
Ilyana3Sci-fi-Warrior-by-AzaleasDolls.jpg
Ilyana in civilian clothes during her time on the Jade Star.
Ilyana5Sci-fi-Warrior-by-AzaleasDolls.jpg
Ilyana in Sith garb, v1.
Last edited by wakarimasen on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:44 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Okay, since I'm almost done with my post (I've rewritten half of it since the last post XP), I've been thinking about how Skye could maybe get involved in the stuff over here? I don't think it has been officially announced, but Erik and Skye are half-siblings on their father's side (The family tree here is insane. Just.) I'll explain it all here: (This builds on some if the stuff Alison mentioned.)

Spoiler! :
So, in one of her ventures to find younglings, Ilyana and her little group stumbled on Skye's tribe. Skye's mother was already dead, and her father was the head of the tribe. While there, Ilyana subsequently fell in love with Skye & Erik's dad (and no we haven't named him yet, whoops), and boom Erik. Ilyana offers to take the children to Legion for training, but Dad forbids it, he says that he would rather die than have his children leave him.

Soon after, Ilyana is called away (And yes, she had to leave frequently during her pregnancy but hid it), and is ordered to stay away from the planet, the rest of her team would be taking the younglings away. She leaves anyway, and gives birth to Erik. When the rest of the Sith arrive, Dad tells Ilyana to leave, as fast as she can. Skye and Dad stay, her being the oldest child of the head of the tribe. Ilyana and Erik flee somewhere, and jump around for a few years before going to Jakku.

Aaaaand I wrote that all before your post, Alison. I suppose just have the lady not Be Ilyana, but her sister or something. Unnamed sister + unnamed father. Woooooot. :P

And that happened. MORE EXPLANATIONS. @LordZeus, if I got anything wrong, let me know.

So yeah, Erik and Skye are half-siblings on their dad's side. There's more involving them, but Zeus, would you mind typing that up? I just woke up XD
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:03 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Good morning @Reneia! LOL with this big, dramatic family tree we have going on, I'm beginning to wonder if Lucasfilm will buy our story for a Star Wars soap opera or something. :D

39 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:05 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Ya hey @Allisonthewriter and @Reneia sorry I've not been around recently but my finals are going on. So, unfortunately I won't have the time to put up a Post till the end of this month. Sorry! So, Allison, would it be inconvenient if we kept Ilyana as the mother of Erik? Because that way seems to fit best, and give reasons as to why Erik was taken off planet and gives a more concrete explanation as to why he was not given over to the Sith.

Also, it gives Ilyana a more tragic past, and greater reason as to why she self induced amnesia (since they killed her love after all). Also, about Coruscant, I was thinking that Ilyana takes Erik and Ro there when Ro is around one, since kids can say some things at that age, and there we have scene shown in Erik's flashback.

That work for you? If not, then I'm open to changes. This is just what I had in mind.

49 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:57 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@LordZeus - Good luck with your finals! Okay, I think that could work. I'll update Ilyana's CP soon - for now, I've crossed out the part that doesn't fit with your plan.

Btw, Grin and Erik are currently together, working on repairing a swoop bike. I'll leave what happens there to you. :)

Okay I’m supposed to be asleep what am I doing measuring sinks
— EllieMae