z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars: Rise of the Legion DT

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:16 pm
SkyeWalker says...

I think I'll post after a few of you do, it'll be easier for the SB novice right here >_>
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Hi! I've never done a SB before but I'd love to join this. :) Any general storybook-y rules of thumb I need to know before stumbling in head-first like an aggravated Wookiee down a garbage chute?
Last edited by wakarimasen on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

44 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:44 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

SO MANY PEOPLE XD

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:32 pm
Vellichor says...

@Reneia

My bad, I misinterpreted the post ;P Edited and corrected.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:27 pm
Deskro says...

I'd like to post my character relations before we start preferably :)

49 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:59 pm
wakarimasen says...

How do character relationships work? I'd like to post mine too, but I'm not sure where to start....

44 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:34 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

I just went down in order. Basically you just put down if your character knows/knows of theirs, maybe potential relationships.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:56 pm
wakarimasen says...

Thanks @Reneia! So ... I'm going through the past few pages in this thread, and reading up on the CP's.

Spoiler! :
My first CP right is Roenna Fidsmor, but her father's Grin's profile is currently pending (FYI @TheFantasy14). Ro and her father are fairly nomadic, with no allegiance to any groups (especially the Sith), so I think interactions at first would be mostly with civilian characters (or those posing as such). Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple of relationships that could work - I'll update the post if I can think of more.

Talia Curlsta (@HazelGrace16) - Maybe Roenna runs into Talia in the middle of a mission, and, not knowing she's a highly trained (and busy) spy, tries to befriend her at the most inconvenient time. Ro doesn't have any friends, because she and her father travel so much, and really wants to meet kids close to her own age. Ro has only read about the Rebel Alliance in the history holobooks, so she'd be really surprised to meet a real, live Rebel agent.

Jacqueline Harless (@HazelGrace16 again) - With her skills as a mechanic, Jac might be able to befriend the Fidsmors, earn their trust, and become a member of their freighter crew. She seems like the type of independent, adventurous lady Ro would admire and hope to be like someday. Aha, I see what you did there with her name!

Ryan Pratt Koban (@TheForgottenKing) - Ro might meet him at a spaceport, tending to his Fighter, during one of her expeditions with her astromech droid. She'd find him cool, and be further fascinated by that mysterious lightsaber he's carrying around. In fact, since she's trying to build one of her own, she'd be hounding him incessantly about it!

And here are some more general observation-y kinds of thoughts:

Lamar Davis (@Caterpickle) - I don't know how Ro would meet him, but if/when she does, she'd find him so adorable and immediately want to coddle him. :)

Mourdica Enitis (@TheFantasy14) - I don't know how/when Ro will meet this character, but when she does, Mourdica's face will likely be in her nightmares for years to come....

In general, Ro would probably be ignorant of the Sith Legion, save for some vague, blocked out memories of her early training. Her mother is apparently a Sith, but nobody knows the identity she's using now. This unknown mother might be searching for her daughter (with questionable motives).... Would Ro being rediscovered by the Legion and followed by an undercover Sith make sense?

UPDATE 1/31/16 - This is not the Character Relationships post you're looking for. Clearly I have no idea what I'm doing in this post so please ignore it. :P I've tried my hand at a relationship chart thing in a later post, which is easier to read and hopefully makes a bit more sense!
Last edited by wakarimasen on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:21 am
Vellichor says...

Making a quick and not toooooo big change to my character, Zarash. Not sure how big of an impact but I just thought I should let people know.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:08 pm
Kelpies says...

I will also be making some changes to Anita, regarding her personality, and how she reacts under pressure.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

49 Reviews

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:25 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

I updated my relationships post slightly, because I realize I was mixing up a few characters.... Sorry, guys!

Am I doing this right so far?

44 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:51 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

I might be making some changes to Skye's profile regarding her wardrobe. Just to let people know.

Alison, I think you should create a relationship chart thing for everyone, maybe not, but that's what I did, so >_> I'll probably have to update my relationships...

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:55 pm
wakarimasen says...

Reneia wrote:Alison, I think you should create a relationship chart thing for everyone, maybe not, but that's what I did, so >_> I'll probably have to update my relationships...

Okay.... Like this? http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/ ... /post/last

I feel like I'm dictating how my character knows everyone else, without consulting the other charries' respective owners. Should I be looking at it like proposing potential relationships, the relationships I would like to develop over the course of the storybook?

49 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:50 pm
wakarimasen says...

Found this template thanks to a quick Google search, courtesy of someone named Darkfae on a Wildstar RP forum (who in turn "swiped it" from a Aion Role Players site).

Relationships marked with ?'s are relationships I'm proposing for my character to have - they don't already exist - or I'm not certain about.

Relationship Chart for Ro Fidsmor

Family: (These are the people whom you are related to by blood, or consider to be like family otherwise.)
  • Grin Fidsmore, father (pending playable character)
  • Ilyana, mother, presumed deceased (non-playable character thus far)

Through Rumor: (These are people whom you have heard of, but have yet to meet personally.)
  • Mourdica Enitis
  • Atlis
  • Jin Iguru
  • Zarash Tichon
  • Talia Curlsta

Acquaintance: (Those whom you have met, but have not yet formed any lasting bonds with.)
  • Ryan Pratt Koban [?]
  • Anita Scarlet Stone [?]
  • Jacqueline Harless [?]
  • Skye Merem [?]

Friend: (Those whom you consider to be closer to you than acquaintances, but not exceptionally close.)
  • Not yet, but she's looking!

Good Friend: (Those whom you are very close to, and that you can rely on in most situations.)
  • Jasek Marin, father's co-pilot, secret Jedi agent (non-playable character thus far)
  • R7I5, family's astromech droid

Lost Touch: (Those whom you have little to no contact with, whether permanently or temporarily.)
  • Ilyana, mother, presumed deceased (non-playable character thus far)

Hate / Enemies: (Those who are allied against you, or those that you truly hate.)
  • The Sith Legion!!!

Seething Hate / Sworn Enemies: (Those whom you despise more than any others, or those you have made an oath/vow to eliminate.)
  • Nobody specific yet....

Sage / Superior: (Those whom are in command of you/your organization, or those whom you turn to for advice and guidance.)
  • Jasek Marin
  • Jacqeline Harless [?]
    [Anita and Jacqueline seem to me like people Ro might consult about building lightsabers...?]

Business: (Those whom you do business with, whether it be crewmates, co-workers, traders, etc.)
  • Jacqeline Harless [?]
  • Jasek Marin [crew]
  • R7I5, family's astromech droid [crew]

Not... Sure: (Anyone whom you do not have a defined sense of connection to, or that does not fall into any of the other categories.)
  • Ciro Enitis
  • Lamar Davis
  • Dayoyme Lung

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:59 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Hello! I read the synopsis for this SB and I absolutely loved it! Is it too late to join? I think I have an idea for a character!
hello there

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi