z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 am
LordZeus says...

Umm @AstralHunter and @TheClockworkConjurer what are the rules for posting? I don't know where they are, and I will need to know them before I make my first post.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:37 am
Steggy says...

I think the rules are on the sidebar of the SB, under the characters.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

39 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:41 am
LordZeus says...

So they are, thanks! It says third person, but I prefer first person. Is that ok? And what does backwards and double posting mean?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:46 am
Steggy says...

Backwards writing is when you write from the past. In this SB we're writing is the present. Double posting means you post twice- of the same character- in the same hour. It doesn't apply to another character (if you have one).
Also, I think, first person is fine?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I count backposting as when you redo what was written in someone else's post just from your view and don't advance the story. You can normally wrote in whatever tense you want.

Also, if the rules say 3rd person it's common courtesy to write in 3rd person, it's for continuity of reading, also, 1st person tends to become too character centric.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:13 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@LordZeus, I think @Stegosaurus and @Auxiira answered your questions marvelously. As far as the order of posting goes, that is either at will or as arranged. Considering this is an elimination-style SB, the tendency will be to post as soon as possible.

But now I should start working on that promised post...
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:30 pm
Steggy says...

Little question: For Mira's post, can I say that she was at the Stomping Grounds too? Like watching Manelau's fight happen? Or would that be considered double posting?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:40 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

That would be considered backwards posting (if you were to tell how she watches Manelau fight, since we already were at that fight), but she may for example hear people still talking about his fight, or be watching other fights. That is allowed...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:30 pm
LordZeus says...

Umm...I would still prefer first person. If it's a definite no as in it is completely not allowed, then I'll to third, but If possible I'd prefer first.

293 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:52 pm
BrumalHunter says...

It's a definite no.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:53 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

@LordZeus, it's stated in the rules
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

293 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:44 am
BrumalHunter says...

@15253, remember to edit in Nacht's private conversation with Jaraad!
— Paul the Apostle

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:05 am
Steggy says...

Okay, so I promise I will have Mira's post done by the end of the day. I swear. I am just have some trouble writing the part ;-;

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:18 am
Steggy says...

Okay I posted a short one and it includes alcohol. I hope it is okay! :D

293 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:20 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Stegosaurus, 30 points have magically appeared under Mira's name. ;)

@Chaser and @Halfbloodcheetah, are you still with us? Things progress quickly here in Storybook Town, and your silence worries me...
— Paul the Apostle

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren