z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:46 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@15253, @Chaser, @TheForgottenKing, your spots are reserved...

And can someone please enlighten me as to who the Anonymous person is who made a profile (I'm serious, their name is Anonymous)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:51 am

@Halfbloodcheetah, you seemed to have forgotten the last few questions required in the profile (only the last one is optional)... He looks interesting thus far, but just complete the profile please... Thanks
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 am
LordZeus says...

Hey @TheClockworkConjurer this is my first SB, so could you please tell me how to submit a character to you for approval?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:22 am
BrumalHunter says...

@LordZeus, if you go to the actual storybook, you will see there is a tab that says "Characters". Below it, you will find a list of all the currently created character profiles, but way at the bottom, you'll see a bullet that says "Create new character". Click it, and it will take you to the appropriate screen. But before you click there, copy the green text in Conjurer's introductory post. You can then paste that in the box after you've clicked "Create new character", after which you just fill out the details.

If you need more assistance or have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! ^_^
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

39 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 am
LordZeus says...

Great! Oh and one more thing. My character is kind of like a master spellcaster assassin. He can sneak up on opponents and kill them or use his spells to immobilize them. Do I give him moves or is the ability to throw shurikens and sneak up to slice down his oppponents enough?

293 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 am
BrumalHunter says...

If you want to, you can PM me the preliminary Character Profile, which I shall then analyse and PM you my response, or you can just go ahead and submit the completed character profile, then I'll PM you what needs to be changed and why, if that happens to be the case. Is that all right?

Essentially, Wanderer (that's Conjurer) and I shall go through the profiles and tell people if their characters are too overpowering. I understand that there will be powerful mages and warriors, since they come from high ranking positions in their guilds, but we need to keep in mind that there might also be characters who aren't as skilled, like the Guildless, for example. A few powerful spells or moves are fine, but if it's too much, I'll PM the concerned user with an explanation and suggestions.

PS: Wanderer is editing the intro now to say that everyone can have two very powerful attacks or spells, but that the rest must be standard-ish.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

39 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:24 am
LordZeus says...

sounds great @AstralHunter, and thanks a lot! I've submitted the profile, BTW, so please take a look whenever you can.

293 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:25 am
BrumalHunter says...

I'll just finish my next two reviews, then I'll send out the PMs. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:35 am
View Likes

Okay everyone, here are some guidelines for your profiles-

1) I have edited the ability part down from 5 p/character to 2... Just to keep it balanced.
2) Please diligently read your specific Guild's Strengths and weaknesses... Guildless, you need to choose a Guild you were once part of, yet now you are separated from that Guild, but still have their S&W's...
3) Please don't think that because you're the Champion of your Guild that you have to be a master assassin or the main warrior, etc. Just because you are high-ranking doesn't mean you're the Champion. So give me some unsuspecting lower people, or even common people bound to a Guild... (this doesn't mean I won't accept higher up characters...)
4) Also, not all the Guilds trained their Champions, so don't try and work into your backstory how you got this or that training. Sometimes the least prepared individuals excel... (this also doesn't mean I won't accept trained Champions... Some Guilds want to have prepared Champions, so...)
5) More races people! So far I have mostly humans (or half-humans), and minotaurs... Give me something unique (I didn't put all those races there for show, you know...)
6) Even if you are a militaristic minotaur or heartless assassin, please give your character some fears to balance out there strengths... I might use the fears for one of the Trials...

People with already accepted profiles, feel free to edit them (@Stegosaurus and @QueenofHearts) I'm not doing this to rain on your parades. This is just for a more balanced storyline...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:38 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

@TheClockworkConjurer Will do ;)

Also, I am putting up my next profile somewhat soon so I'll take those new thoughts into considerations.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

293 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:45 am
BrumalHunter says...

I have a centaur! (I still can't believe you forgot to add them to the Combine. >:O)
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:50 am

They are there... You didn't look properly... :P :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:54 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Does a nine-foot demonic creature and a skeleton death knight count as diverse species? xD

~ Working on profile and will keep the pointers in mind :3
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

39 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:55 am
LordZeus says...

Could you guys look at my profile and see if it is OK?

39 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:55 am
LordZeus says...

I mean my character profile

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake