z

Young Writers Society

May OS: Alice in Wonderland DT

What should be done with Lucia Pennybaggs?

She should stay a PC, with someone taking over her role.
40%
She should be made a NPC, but will still be a key player in the SB.
30%
She should be made a NPC, but only have a minor role.
30%
She should be made a NPC, but be written out someway or the other.
No votes
She should be removed before even entering the SB.
No votes

Total votes : 10

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed May 13, 2015 3:25 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Of course @Kanome! Le gingerman it is!
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed May 13, 2015 7:07 pm
Pretzelstick says...

@TheWanderingWizard-my profile has been changed and adjusted.

@AstralHunter-I wanted Ardith (White Queen) to go to Wonderland because that is where she learned her white magic from her professor/tutor. You can check with Wandering,but he said that this was one of the options of doing things this way. And no, I haven't asked @QueenAnne but I will PM her soon to discuss this.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 pm
Ventomology says...

Queen Anne, if you don't mind, maybe we could discuss the history between the Fox and the Queen at some point. I'm around most of the time, but if you can't find me, a pm will suffice.

Thanks!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

62 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Note @Pretzelsing, I have noticed that you've edited the profile, yet there are still some adjustments you could (and one that you please have to) make to improve on it.

One, as you can see from the other profiles, everyone adds there titles as their nicknames, thus please add the title Mother Superior White as your nickname.

Two, I explicitly stated that the White Queen, who is the sister of the Queen of Hearts, never enters our world, thus please edit this part of your back story, as the Mother Superior is not the White Queen. Also, if you really want to be related to the QoH, then you should be a bit more older. After all, the QoH is +-200 years old, so...

Another point, as much as I would like to see a nun with purple tips of there hair, please remember that we are in the 1800s, thus no purple hair dye, and definitely no hair dye for nuns. She should also keep her magic as inconspicuous as possible, as she is an influential religious figure in town. You do get MSes with magic though, like the MS in Once Upon a Time:

Spoiler! :

She kept it in the raps though, so, religion and servitude first, magic after...

And one last thing, as your character is still an Unknown at the beginning of the tale, she doesn't have a party with whom she travels around. This is a moderate sized town, with a few establishments (like the Academy and the Eldergleam Mansion) outside of it. It is surrounded by farmlands to the east and north of the river, and large forests to the south and west of the river. You will thus not be adventuring that much (except during reconnaissance or battles, of course)

I really apologize for all of this hassle, (this apology is to everyone who has to bear witness), but I want you unique characters, not entirely out of plot or out-of-character characters.

Oh, and by the way, after a random draw of names from a hat by my parents, my three managers for this SB are: @ReisePiecey, @AstralHunter, and @QueenAnne (in no specific order) To the first person mentioned, I am busy with the PM, I promise. Hopefully you can receive it tomorrow when I get home from clarinet practice *blushes ashamed*

*claps hands* Okay everybody; back to work! (the members who haven't submitted a profile yet, that is...)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Oh, just a quick not to @Kanome, you naturally know that you have a mischievous character, and note that he enters our world on Hatter's Hat (without Hatter knowing, of course) You naturally hung out at Hatter's tea parties often, so...
You and @Buggiedude2340 also have to discuss the Fox and Ginger's relationship (base it somewhat off the fable of the gingerbread man and the fox, just... spice it up a bit) Are they enemies? Or friendly foes? Only you two will know...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed May 13, 2015 8:20 pm
Sassafras says...

YES MANAGER STATUS!
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed May 13, 2015 8:35 pm
Theodorable says...

I am working on Alice, I swear. I will hopefully have her profile up by tonight or tomorrow morning. If there are certain details that I need to keep or add please let me know. I'm planning on having a unique perspective on her, so if there are guidelines that you'd like me to follow please let me know.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 13, 2015 9:07 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

@Rydia, I could see Lucia and Josephine being kindred spirits in the sense they were never really loved by there fathers and were never accepted by society until they gained the power that they have. What do you think?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed May 13, 2015 9:48 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@Buggiedude2340 I'll find you.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed May 13, 2015 10:44 pm
crossroads says...

a) If Spade ever meets Jo-Jo, he'll probably be charmingly flirtatious in an only half-mocking way, regardless of which side she aligns with.
b) As per Queen's and my agreement, Spade's also her executioner, and probably finds it to be a way more amusing job than a normal person would.
c) He might get a bit cleptomaniac-ish if he ever enters a place where Lucia has any precious metals/stones/etc. Not in a mean way, though, more like a kid who's left surrounded by sweets and told not to touch them.
d) I want to talk his relationship with the other characters. I want him and Chessy to meet, 'cause I'm interested in how they might interact, all things considered, and I want him and MS White to meet, 'cause he'd probably be drawn to the fact that she can make a fire too although she's not of his kind... and well, in short, I want to think interactions with everyone xD
e) I'm tweaking his profile a teeny tiny bit. I'm gonna note that he's the RQ's executioner, and a bit to his powers - that his strong and feelings tend to make things around him set on fire when he's not controlling them, basically - mainly because I really want a scene in which he's spying on the good guys, sees Alice and gets very upset, thus blowing his cover (and maybe getting captured 'cause why not).

...you know, and stuff.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm
KingLucifer says...

I do want Lucia to be "unmasked" so to speak as the Monopoly Man eventually, preferably as a plot point when both the Queen and Alice can find out at roughly if not the same time.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu May 14, 2015 5:16 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

@KingLucifer Yes, I think so too and Josephine will definitely appreciate how hard Lucia has had to work to get where she is! I can see Lucia being Jo-Jo's favourite person to scheme with for sure and someone who she might actually be able to talk to about the difficulties of maintaining power while trying to find/ figure out what would make her happy.

@AriaAdams I have a feeling Spade could be a bit of a spanner in the works for Jo-Jo and I'm not sure if she'll hate him or love him yet. Part of her bio is that she wants to marry Dr. Black but I've decided that's more about cementing her power and a misguided sense of what love is than any real connection at the moment. Depending on his bio, maybe that will grow into something, but I can see her finding Spade both infuriating and attractive and she'd understand his strong emotions.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu May 14, 2015 5:22 am
Kanome says...

@TheWanderingWizard,

I have a question about my character...
Can the Gingerbread Man be a person who makes living gingerbread cookies? Or does he have to be an actual Gingerbread Man?
It was an idea I had for a while.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheWanderingWizard, in Tim Burton's movie, the Queen of Hearts is indeed the White Queen's sister, but @QueenAnne's character page states that they are not.

@pretzelsing, in that case, go ahead, but keep the limitations and instructions of this SB in mind.

@Theodorable, I look forward to your take on Alice.

@AriaAdams, the Hatter and Spade will not get along very well, and since I have a few surprises in line for Hatter, I can assure you any interaction between them will be explosive...

@Kanome, the Gingerbread man is the original Gingerbread man in the story, just like the Fox is an actual talking fox.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 pm

@Pretzelsing, if you just received two PMs concerning your profile, ignore the rejection one. I accidentally pressed the "reject"-button the first time, but I could recover the profile and "accept" it.
Welcome, Mother Superior! *bows (even though a cat can't really bow but anyway...)*
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn