z

Young Writers Society

The Wilderness of Machafuko(Chaos), DT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:20 am
Wolfi says...

Wizard, if the Wildershades are loyal to the Thirteen and Jeremiah's family is one of the Thirteen, is the hooded figure going to seriously harm him? I assume he would, based on the commander's thoughts.

Loved your post. :) Mine'll be up next week.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:56 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Well, the Wildershade will harm Jeremiah, seeing as they are loyal to the majority of the Thirteen. Since only one family refused (note, it isn't necessarily the head of each family who gave the blood) the Wildershade will obey the Commander.

Also, @Rydia, if you wanted to have Abel and his hunting party enter the Observatory, their quarters would be in one of the lower levels, in the Nature section. If not; well then you can travel north until you reach thr Cobra Mountains, travel west and find the Callixtrix, or travel east and reach the Skeleton Bay (and thus the Wildershades). All three options are more or less three days' trek from the Observatory. Or Abel can simply stay outside the Observatory. Surprise us! :P
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:50 am
BrumalHunter says...

So, my really long post hasn't been submitted yet - I didn't know the OS' intro would take so long - but I'll get to it eventually...

@TheWanderingWizard, I haven't read your post yet, but I shall as soon as I can.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

*pokes @15253* (Or @numbers >.< ) I'm still waiting for you ~ How goes it?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:11 pm
StupidSoup says...

(~.3.)~ I suck, Im sorry I'll get on that. I'm about three sentences in ;-;.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:10 pm
View Likes

Well, I have started with the WFP for this SB, but seesh! Who knew how much info I wanted to put in! I have therefore decided that I shall divide it amongst everyone, just so that we all share in the creating of this world.

Those with already assigned regions were chosen, either because they have a major character involved there (like @AstralHunter and @SpiritedWolfe), or because they created the region in the first place (@Wolfie36) That does not mean that you just have to do that region, or have to do it alone.

Okay, here we are (some with a small description). I just need help with the culture, history, etc of these areas or groups.

-The Callitrix- @AstralHunter
-The Cobra Mountains and the Exiles- @SpiritedWolfe
-Layata (home of Kaliska, based to the north across a strait from the Empire)- @Wolfie36
-Southern Imperial Lands (a land rich in flora, magic, and one the most ancient parts of the Empire. Can be home to humans and an ancient race {excluding any races like elves, dwarves, orcs, dragons...})-
-Borderlands (extremely rocky and volcanic area, dangerous, frontier between the Empire and the Scorpion Desert, little flora)-
-North Eastern Isles (cold islands close to Layata, extremely magical, resisting the Empire, home to humans and another magical race)
-The Wilderness (big, dangerous, magical, and the heart of this SB, assistance needed with flora and creatures)- @Everyone

-The Century City, Wildershades, Observatory and Scorpion Kingdoms will be done by myself, as they have big histories/ cultures.

Please, even if this seems like useless info concerning the SB, these regions will become more prominent as events progress (Yes, distant events will influence the progress of our characters)

Create a normal document or whatnot, and when I have set up the WFP, all this info can be placed there. (P.S- If you find interesting pics, PM them to me, and I'll number them and place them in a google doc for quick reference)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:17 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Wolfie36, you must think me rude for not commenting — or, at the very least, congratulating you — on your post. Well, the thing we do in PMD nowadays is to give a detailed review-like response on a good post's content, so here goes.

♦ What I love most about your post is that it lacks the drama of Wanderer's posts, Aurora's posts, and, of course, my posts. In this case, the simplicity and change of pace is refreshing.
♦ I'm happy Kaliska is still troubled by the black cat (Ren), since that means you don't simply forget about an NPC, even if its only purpose was to be killed.
♦ The dream is also very intriguing. Here, Kaliska mentions her father, and together with her suspicions, this makes the reader wonder why she fears him so much. I look forward to seeing more of him.
♦ Before I move on to the next point, I'd like to thank you — thank you for your consideration in letting Thomas still be absent. I appreciate not having to adapt my future post.
♦ Kaliska's thoughts also provide valuable insight into her personality and behaviour in general. We now have proof she is observant, after the incident that led to the characters arriving at the Observatory in the first place.

Overall, congratulations on an excellent post! I can't wait to read the next one. But first, I suppose I'll have to submit my post too. (That won't be happening this week, unfortunately.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

440 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:42 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Awww, @AstralHunter, you're just too awesome. Thank you!

Reviews for storybook posts should definitely be a thing. :)
and do not be afraid.

62 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:09 pm
View Likes

I actually think that's a great idea! But will you get normal points, etc. or will you get credits? This is an idea we should work on, and it might be a great magnet for the SB section...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

440 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:40 pm
Wolfi says...

I've thought about it before, too. We work on SB posts just as hard (or almost as hard) as we do with actual literary works, anyway. Writing short little reviews like Hunter's could be fun. It could be a requirement in participating storybooks, and the reward could simply be receiving reviews for your own posts. Or there could be a special thread where reviews are posted and the writers tagged, just to stay organized, and small point rewards given based on word count.
and do not be afraid.

62 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Okay, so I'll create a SB challenge for this SB by Friday, thus I hope more than just two people will claim the points this time...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

54 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:02 pm
StupidSoup says...

o spiritwolf

the time is noooowwww :B

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:49 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I knoooooooow >.<

I'm really sorry guys. I'm rather stressing out right now. School's coming, I probably procrastinated on some things I shouldn't have, and general other things.

I know I'm making excuses but I'm on vacation now and I will try my hardest to make a post if not this week, then next. After the seven billion other things I need to catch up on. This is definitely one of my priorities.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:45 pm
Wolfi says...

Brilliant challenge, Conjurer! I'll be waiting for some others to post then I'll go again. :)
and do not be afraid.

54 Reviews

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 pm
StupidSoup says...

o clockwork. U no I don't du challenges u silly goose :3

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical