z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:54 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Posted! (This is one of my longer ones.) Riley's first morphing! *Sniffles and wipes tear from eye* They just grow up so fast!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:32 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

That was awesome! Great post!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:37 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter Thanks! (And might I say, that your comment and your avatar match up perfectly. :D)

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:41 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Chase...Chase. ChaseChaseChaseChase!

Hm... *squints*
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 am
Wolfi says...

Awesome, both of you! Mr. Neil's perspective was really interesting. I'd love to post next, but I'm still kind of unsure what I should write about.

I've noticed that so far everything's been pretty straight forward, like this (roughly):

1st round - introduction
2nd round - field trip
3rd round - first symptoms
4th round - first morphing

So what should our basic plan be for this round? More morphing? Suspicions about Mr. Neil? Animorphers meeting together to talk? We might as well get the lab blowing up thing underway soon, so maybe we can begin leading up to that...
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:03 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I'd thought maybe we'd start off the next round with the lab blowing up, but if there isn't really anything else that needs to happen between now and then, I could go ahead and put the newscast and them meeting up in the science class in my Cole post I write tomorrow morning (unless someone else calls dibs) then we can go ahead and get the ball rolling with them sneaking out to the lab and them starting to be followed. I guess it sort of depends on if anyone had plans for this round that should take place before the lab blows up.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Let's see, so... Everyone who needs to morph has morphed now. So it would make sense for them to start questioning things (and Mr. Neil) any time now. Other things that should happen soon (assuming everyone is good with the ideas that were thrown around yesterday) are:

Them finding out Neon is Riley's kitten.
Neon telling them about the special suits and Cole giving them to everyone.
The lab blowing up and them seeing it on the news.
Finding out on the news that Mr. Neil was one of the scientists and is missing.
Them meeting in science class to figure everything out.
Them going out to the remains of the lab and finding footage.
Darrin getting closer to them.
Them being followed.
Them watching the tapes and figuring out what really happened.
Battle of the Bands.

Obviously this isn't nessisaraly in order and can be spread out a lot, but those are some plot points that should probably happen at some point. Really any character can pick up one of the plot points and throw it in their post. For instance, just because Cole can pick locks doesn't mean their trip out to the rubble can't be from Emma's POV. Or just because (example) Dan sees the footage on TV doesn't mean the their classroom meeting couldn't be from Charlotte's POV. Maybe through this part we could all sort of pick a plot point we want to claim and flesh out since there's
so much stuff going on.

Anyway, just a thought. I mean, a couple of the things on the list are pretty vague and could involve different characters at different times (Darrin and being followed) that really anyone could throw into a post. But I was more talking about the specific plot points that need to happen sooner or later.

I want you guys to have a lot of creative freedom in the storybook, and I don't want to control too much and seem like I'm restricting anyone or God-modding. But if, say, at times like these, more structure would be helpful (like a short timeline of events people could refer to and call dibs on a specific plot point) then that could definetly work too. As much as I don't want to over-control things, I equally don't want anyone to feel lost on what they should post next. I'm still sort of trying to find a balance. So let me know what would work best for you guys, and what would be most helpful to you.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:44 am
LordZeus says...

Hey guys I had an idea. What if, when all of our characters are gathered in science class (Darrin, would join the same science class, but we could have Mr.Nelson call him to speak to him shortly before this happens.) Neon demorphs? When they realise that he's naked, Cole gives him one of the suits he picked up and hides him. That way the topic of Morphing is introduced and they can discuss it, plus the suits are introduced. What do you think guys? And would this be okay for your character, @Chaser?

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:58 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

My original plan was to have Neon be incognito until everyone came together. Once they realize that there's only one person left who could be an Animorpher, they slowly turn to look at the kitten Riley brought. Cue the magnificent morphing of Neon's return.
In my second post, I had him steal a suit from the lab. And I think he'd have gleaned the skin-tight suit trick out already, being the resident boy genius. He then gloats that he's the only one who has one; cue Cole bringing out the others he stole. That's how we originally planned it, I think.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

93 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:02 am
Lefty says...

Yeah, I think it makes sense for Neon to already be wearing the suit. I don't know why Cole would be carrying around a bunch of suits before he knows what they are.

Would you guys like me to put the news broadcast and the meeting in my Cole post, or would someone else like to post for the meeting?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:14 pm
Sunshine1113 says...

I meant to come back last week but it's taken me ages to catch up with all the SB posts. I have just a few more left to read and then Gwen will come back ^^

If someone would like to summarize all the DT things/stuff that I should know so I don't have to read through 7 pages worth of posts that would be really nice XP
~Sun Goddess~

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:55 pm
LordZeus says...

@Sunshine1113

Spoiler! :
After the field trip, Emma and Charlotte fell ill with flu-like symptoms. Layla did too, though she was only ill for one night and saw fox-eyes before passing out.

Cole joined Riley's band Stint With Fiction after her guitar player broke his hand.

Neon and Cole have a crushes on Riley, though Neon is more open about it.

Cole went to his first band practice where Riley fell unconscious and took a nose-dive off the stage. Cole called 911 and waited at the hospital until they found out more. They thought it had to do with her heart, but it didn't (because it had to do with the Animorpher-thing) and ended up recovering fine.

Ryker ended up falling into a coma due to his heart beating too slowly (he was a panda bear whose hearts beat slower than humans). Since Noelle dropped out, there are no plans for him to wake back up.

Riley runs into Oliver (literally runs into him) and panics. Given she has a huge crush on him, she freezes then ends up darting down the hall without a word.

Riley punches a jock (she was having a bad day) and they gang up on her later and beat her up. Layla sees it happen and scares them off, then helps clean her up. In the process, she learns that Riley has a crush on Oliver, which is startling to Layla because she does, too.

Jinx was home sick the entire week after the field trip and ended up full-morphing (the first one to do so) on Sunday night. Layla comes to check in on him after school on Monday and he tries to attack her in his tiger form. Before he can, though, he morphs back to human and she calls 911, given he was in bad shape.

Riley gets suspended for a week for punching the guy. Neon finds out and uses his "evil-mastermind" to make the jocks pay (potatoes, smoke bombs, lunch boxes... it was messy :P) which led to him getting expelled from High School.

Dan woke up as an Martial Eagle and flew through the woods looking for food. Emma, at the same time and not remembering anything, turned into a Barn Owl on her way home and crossed paths with Dan. Dan (with his eagle mind taking over and not knowing it was Emma) tried to grab her with his talons and she got huge gashes in her back.

She turned back and didn't remember anything other than what she thought was a dream, but the gashes in her back told her otherwise. She ended up visiting Dan's house for help, not knowing he was the eagle.

Layla turned into a fox at school and scurried through the halls as a fox.

Layla and Cole get into a fight and Cole storms out of the house to hang out with friends. He starts to morph for the first time right when Layla finds him and she gets him in the car and towards home before his friends see.

At school, the group was outside doing sports and they ended up doing track. Michael started chasing Charlotte, his lion sense taking over and he morphed into a lion in the process. Charlotte, panicked, also morphed into a gazelle at the same time and Michael cornered her in the locker room before they came to their senses and morphed back. They snuck out through the windows before any police got there.

Riley found a kitten on her way home, who she doesn't realize is Neon.

Where the characters are now:

Michael - Snuck out the window with Charlotte.
Layla - Driving Cole back home.
Emma - Walking home after Dan helping her.
Gwen - Hanging out with Emma while she was sick.
Neon - Got expelled and turned into a kitten which Riley found.
Dan - Turned into an Eagle then helped Emma.
Ryker - Coma
Riley - Suspended and found a kitten on her way home.
Jinx - Recovering in the hospital after morphing into a tiger.
Charlotte - Snuck out the window with Michael.
Oliver - Ran into Riley at school.
Cole - Being driven home by Layla.

Important Notes

•The Animorphers are starting to catch on and are on the verge of digging into what really happened at the lab.

• Gwen hasn't had any symptoms and is a "late bloomer" when it comes to being an Animorph. She soon starts to believe the treatment didn't work on her.

• Stint With Fiction has an upcoming gig: Battle of the Bands that they will be participating in.

Read this please its the summary that Lefty made for Hattable when he said he was coming back to the SB right before he left. After reading this, read the last 4 posts of the SB and you'll be completely up to date! I hope this helps!

93 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:25 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Sunshine! *dives on Sunny*

So glad to have you back! The summary LordZeus posted was a summary of most of the storybook posts, but I'll go ahead and post a summary of all the relevant stuff that's been said in the DT.

Spoiler! :
Noelle left the storybook, so we put Ryker into an indefinite coma.

To sort of cover you while you were away, we decided to say that Gwen is a "late-bloomer" when it comes to being an Animorpher. So, the plan was that she would think the chair didn't work on her and was the odd-one-out (didn't become an Animorpher like the rest) then surprise everyone later when she does become an Animorpher... But obviously now that you're back, you're welcome to do anything you like with Gwen. It was just sort of a way to stall her character without having her disappear. :)

Hattable officially dropped out of the storybook, and since Oliver had been such a small part of it up to this point (only having one post) we decided to just take him out of the science class/field trip and say he's a NPC regular kid at school.

Animorphers was voted #1 Storybook of 2015, which is amaaazzziiinnggg.

Some potential future plans for the storybook:

Spoiler! :
Riley goes to see Ryker in the hospital and gets room numbers mixed up and ends up in Jinx's room. She tries to make conversation, and eventually comes out with "So...I heard there was a tiger in your neighborhood. Crazy, right?"

Jinx is super paranoid after being in the hospital and morphs in the woods to see for himself, which works and makes him even more paranoid. He is followed in the woods and meets up with another Animorpher (Riley possibly) and, because two is more than one, the shadow runs off.

Riley, Emma, and Cole go to Battle of the Bands and Riley morphs into a Lynx right before they go on stage. Cole has to try to calm her down and keep her from attacking everyone, and Emma has to go on stage, taking Riley's place. Riley morphs back after Emma goes on, and then swoops in with a dramatic entrance and it turns into an epic duet.

The kids see a news broadcast of the lab on fire and see that Mr. Neil was a scientist there and has gone missing. They meet up at science class and try to figure everything out. Neon becomes human again in class, making everyone realize that he was the kitten Riley has been carrying around. They realize the building on the broadcast is different from the lab (and it looks like it's on fire). The kids get suspicious so they sneak out to the lab to find it blown to rubble (the news didn't want to say that it was bombed). They find security footage in the rubble of them being in the chairs and of Mr. Neil stealing research hours before the lab is blown up.

Mr. Neil has another motive and wants to become an Animorpher himself. But they had to test the technology first on the kids. Mr. Neil steals the research files, which the kids see on the tapes. This is so he can try and recreate the experiment himself, when the government thinks all of the research was destroyed.

Mr. Neil will now be posted as a character every-so-often, and anyone is welcome to post for him.

Darrin is part of the rebel organization, brought in by Mr. Nelson and starts hanging out with the animorphers at school. He's nice, good looking, sportsy and a flirt.

After Battle of the Bands, Riley walks home after the whole morphing incident and Darrin offers her a ride. Riley accepts the invitation. On their way to her house, his car is stopped and the Protectorate kidnaps them. Riley has Kitten Neon in her bag and she lets him escape while the rebels are distracted. Neon goes and wrecks havoc to help Riley escape. Darrin tells her that he escaped and called the cops, keeping his cover, but in reality, he's part of the rebel group.

A few ideas that were mentioned they may or may not be used. Totally up to you guys:
Spoiler! :
Dan and Emma go on a nature hike or something and they start being followed. It turns into a full-on chase they have to try and escape from, and they do that by jumping off of a cliff together and turning into birds. Right before they jump, Emma could like, turn to Dan and say something like "please don't try and eat me again."

Since we decided to have Gwen be a "late-bloomer" with her animorph abilities so that Sunny could pick up whenever... what if everyone thought it didn't work on her and she thought she was the odd one out by just being ordinary. Then one of the Animorphers gets captured and Gwen ends up finding them by rescuing them by turning into a wolf and attacking their captors.

I think that's everything.

I also think I'll go ahead and include the newscast and the science class where they figure stuff out in my Cole post, since no one has commented on my previous questions about that. Again, if someone would like to post for that, let me know. But if I don't hear from anyone, I'm going to go ahead and do that part. Hopefully it will start getting stuff moving along again.

Let me know if you have any other questions, @Sunshine1113!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:48 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Great post Lefty!!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:55 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Huzzah! A post! A very long post... The classroom was kinda rushed, but I didn't want to make it any longer than it already was. So, if someone wants to extend it or flesh it out more, go for it.

And hopefully that opens up some doors and ideas for you guys and your posts.

I'm really excited for the next faze of the storybook, guys! Let the awesomeness begin!

Those who have yet to post for this round are:
Michael
Emma
Gwen
Neon
Jinx
Charlotte

:smt026 Yay for posts! Go! Go! Go! *throws post confetti* :smt026

And thanks, @HazelGrace16!

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
— A.A. Milne