z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:26 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheFantasy14 I like that a lot too. I'm a little confused about the chip thing, though. When you say "chip" I assume you mean the chip that, once activated, turns her into soldier Riley. Do you mean the rebels chip her before Darrin kidnaps her, or do you mean the government chips her, then Darrin kidnapping her is unrelated?

@Steggy That could work. Maybe Mr. Neil will plan to start talking to them one-by-one and convince them they are important and that they are eligible for a special program and stuff, but then the lab gets blown up and Mr. Neil disappears and the whole original plan is abandoned.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:31 am
Europa says...

@Steggy I like the idea of being captured by the lab. It may give us a chance for our characters to bond with the characters they haven't really interacted with *Cough* Neon and Riley *Cough*

@Leftywriter Riley gets captured by Darrin after the first round of the Battle of the Bands when she morphs. the government chipping her and the rise of Soldier Riley happen a long while after, when Stint With Fiction passes through the semi-finals. She disappears the day after. The two kidnappings aren't related.

93 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:34 am
Lefty says...

ahh... ok. Gotcha.

Yeah, I think that sounds like a great idea.

I'm really glad we've gotten to discuss so much stuff today. I didn't realize how fuzzy the next part of the storybook was until we starting planning more stuff. A lot of awesome ideas have been thrown around. :)
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 am
Steggy says...

Another thing is the kids could most likely be partnered up for the labs. Like, for example, Neon and Riley. Mr. Neil will speak to them at separate times, egging them on with "oh, this is a rare opportunity for you. Blah blah not-important-stuff." Until finally they agree to go to the lab. Couple weeks later (or days?) the forget about the deal until they start morphing. That's when the "animal control" could come into place.

There's just one thing: would other people see them morph? For example, Riley's morphs during a dancing recital. Wouldn't people see her morphing or would that happen in the backroom when she is changing? Also, what if the people do see the teens morphing: how are they going to forget about it all? Bribery or something?

That's what I am thinking.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:47 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@Steggy Riley would morph as she's coming out of the changing room. Just before the class starts. Neon may have to hide, since the big lynx may try and eat the little morsel in the dance bag...

@Chaser I promise I'm not poking you intentionally. He's just sort of one of my favorite characters besides my own, so I love seeing these guys interact.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:04 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

@TheFantasy14 Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:51 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@TheFantasy14 about what you said earlier, I think that would work for Darrin's character. However, I doubt that The Protectorate would want Darrin to blow his cover like that. So I would think that they would instead stage a hijacking. For example, a couple of cars rush in front of Darrin's, blocking the road, and masked men come out with guns.They then force Darrin (who acts frightened) and Riley into separate cars and drive off. Darrin is dropped back off at school, while the protectorate takes Riley to a camp of theirs. Then after she escapes or is released, She finds that Darrin had escaped (supposedly) and called the cops (knowing that the Protectorate would be long gone before they got to the location). Thus Darrin's cover remains the same and he still gets to stick to the Animorphers.

Also, Darrin will be around Dan a lot, as Mr.Nelson appointed Dan to be his buddy and school guide. I hope that helps!
Last edited by LordZeus on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:51 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

That makes a lot of sense. I really like that, actually. And that way if becomes an even bigger secret with an even bigger plot twist later on. Like, maybe one of them gets really close to him and figures out later that he lied to them.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:24 pm
Steggy says...

I love plot twist- like you expect them but at the same time, you are just as shocked as your character. So is Mr. Nelson close to Darrin or Dan? Because either way, I can imagine that if the Protectorate would try (much like the police and the whole city) to cover it up. Or is Mr. Nelson just close to Mr. Neil?

I'm probably over thinking this but what if Mr. Nelson asked Mr. Neil to steal the files? A criminal got to have a motive so....

That's just a thought.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

39 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:39 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Mr.Nelson is close to Darrin. Dan is one of his star students but not much else. Mr.Neil and Mr.Nelson are completely polar opposites, and believe in 2 different idealogies. Neil believes that USA is the rightful ruler of the world, while Nelson condemns the rising tensions between countries and is willing to do anything to prevent the Fourth World War (because as we mentioned, the third already happened, and the rising tensions are a result of that). Mr.Neil, on the other hand, wants to bring on war as it will bring with it a chance for USA to assume dominance. Mr.Nelson was basically placed at the school to keep an eye on Mr.Neil and later the animorphers. Being such, I don't think they would ever work together under any circumstances.

Darrin works for Mr.Nelson. Mr.Neil knows nothing about Mr.Nelson's true identity but may suspect it. Darrin himself has been brought in to keep track of the animorphers outside school and in their homes. Basically, his job is to befriend and gain the trust of all the animorphers, starting with Dan who has been appointed Darrin's buddy and school guide. I hope this helps @Steggy!

39 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:19 pm
LordZeus says...

Sooo who's posting next? I'm dying to read all your posts!

279 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:21 pm
Steggy says...

I might be posting this weekend, depending on how busy I am cause I'm doing Review Day so...

I think some people might be a little busy during Review Day.
Last edited by Steggy on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:05 pm
Lefty says...

I can post next for Cole if people don't mind all of my posts being so close together.

I'd also be happy to post a short entry from Mr. Neil's POV if you guys would like me to.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:10 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

That sounds like a plan, @LeftyWriter! :)

93 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Ok, I'll start working on them when I get home, then. :)

I'll also work on editing Oliver out of the field trip. Quick question, do you guys think I should delete Oliver and Ryker's character profiles since they're not a part of it anymore, or just leave them?

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights