z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm
Lefty says...

Okay, then... Sorry to hear it.

Umm, I guess going back to what we were talking about last week, we talked about making him an NPC at school, but there was the issue of him having been on the field trip.

I think what we should do is say he went on the field trip, but had to leave early at lunch (didn't feel well, family emergency, etc). In which case, he was partnered up, and he did talk to Layla on the bus, but he left before they got to try out the chairs.

Or, we can go back and edit stuff if people don't like that idea. I'm open to ideas.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:52 pm
Wolfi says...

I think just editing him out (science class and field trip-wise) would be best. I already did that the first time Hatt quit sooo...
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm
LordZeus says...

Posted! I hope you guys like it!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:57 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Animorphers: voted #1 storybook of 2015!!!

*tosses confetti and hands out cake*
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

BEST STORYBOOK OF 2015!!!
You're all amaaazzziiinnggg!!!

I never thought when I posted this storybook back in October that it would have become as insanely awesome as it did. Animorphers wouldn't have won best storybook if it wasn't for you guys, both for votes and for the incredible posts you guys always put into it. I love reading each and every one of your posts and I'm enjoying being a part of this storybook so much with you guys. You all have really helped me make it something special. Three months in and there has already been 47 entries posted to the storybook, and there's still so much we've planned out for it that we haven't even gotten to yet. I can't wait to see where it takes us! You all deserve little trophies for helping to make this storybook so awesome. In fact, I think I'll make little trophies and post them on your walls. ;)

I'd also like to thank anyone outside of the storybook who has been following it and/or voted for it as best storybook. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Ohmigosh. Dibs on the dancing newscast guy. (Is it wrong that when I look at him I think of a 20/30 year old Neon?? @Chaser, why do you have to make your characters so doshgarned adorable?! I MUST KNOW YOUR SECRET!)
Last edited by Europa on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:24 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheFantasy14 @Chaser Haha, yes! Totally Neon. That's his happy dance after he takes over China with potatoes. :D

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Think of the most adorable thing ever, then multiply it by kittens. That's pretty much how Neon was created.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Steggy @LeftyWriter @Chaser @HazelGrace16 @Sunshine1113 @TheFantasy14 @Nightcrawler @Wolfie36 sorry about the notifications, but I just wanted to remind you guys that you still have characters to post for for this round. The SB has been silent for too long, in my opinion.

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:08 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@LordZeus Since the last time I posted my character were back-to-back, I thought maybe I should wait for another person or two to post before I post for Cole again, to try and spread them out a bit. Also, what I post for Cole might depend on where Riley and Jinx are at.

Going back and looking at what you guys said about Oliver's character dropping out, it looks like we should just take him out of the field trip and say he's a regular kid at school. An easy enough fix, which I will make later today unless someone has another idea they'd like to throw out there. I had mentioned that he could have been on the field trip and gone home early, thus having to change less, but either works.

I know people have been crazy busy with life and school lately, and I know it's normal for a storybook to slow down a bit after a little while, but you know, if you're not liking the storybook as much as you did or you're not happy with something about it, I'd love for you to talk to me about it and we can try to figure it out. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I want to make sure everyone is still enjoying it as much as I am and I'd love to talk about it if you guys think it's losing momentum for reasons other than life being busy.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:14 pm
Sonder says...

Honestly, life has just been absolutely insane for me (every weekend has been full, which is when I get my writing in). I'm also not sure what to write for Jinx next, so I haven't felt prompted to write my next post. Do you have any ideas, @LeftyWriter? Will Layla try to talk to him again? Or should my next post just be him trying to rationalize the whole incident?
I'm going to be gone Friday and all weekend without much Internet or time, but I was hoping to post something next week/ weekend. >.< Sorry. Just an update in general.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:26 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

No worries, @Nightcrawler. I'm glad for the update.

Hmm... Jinx. Well, we're kind of getting to the point now where the lab should blow up and Mr. Neil should go missing, which means they will start being followed by well, everyone here soon. I had considered putting that into my Cole post, but I didn't want to jump-the-gun or god-mod at all. If I did, though, you could post after with Jinx being followed, maybe? Or still dealing with repercussions of his morph? Maybe he could start interacting with another character? Like Charlotte or Gwen? He doesn't have many ties at the moment, and that might be something you could put into a post, which might open doors for future posts. Just some thoughts to throw out there.

Everything was pretty well planned out up until this part, which is starting to get a little fuzzy. Maybe we should start throwing some more ideas out there? Or add something for them to do, like having to go on a school camping trip, maybe? Riley, Emma and Cole are sort of involved in the Battle of the Bands thing, which I have an idea for but I wasn't sure if Fanty already had plans for it. There's a couple other small things that have been bouncing around in my head that I could mention, too, though I hadn't thought much about Jinx.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:04 pm
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter I'd love to hear your idea!

So sorry about being so infrequent with posts. I have a lot of things going on with a writing project, researching high schools, and general procrastinating...Once my life has leveled down to its usual brand of insane, I'll do a post for Riley. I think it's about time she morphed. (I have the greatest idea for it. heheheeeee!)

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:19 pm
Sonder says...

@LeftyWriter, ooh. I just had an idea. What if Jinx is released from the hospital, but he's still really shaken by what Layla said. So he goes to a forest or somewhere else secluded to try and prove it all wrong, but he actually ends up morphing. He freaks out, morphs back, and starts walking home, not bothering to appear normal. Someone suspicious starts following him, he freaks out more and realizes that he is too far from home to be safe and no one is nearby. He thinks the suspicious person (probably from the lab) is going to hurt him, when he runs into one of the other characters. Two people are harder to take down than one, so the stalker disappears. Cue more freak out.

What do you think? It opens up more character connections for Jinx and expands on the plot. :3
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:23 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheFantasy14

Well, what I'd thought of for Battle of the Bands might depend on what your plans are for Riley morphing. But what I'd thought about was that a few minutes before they're supposed to go on stage, Riley morphs (whether it be the first time or the third time or whatever) and Cole has to try and keep her from destroying everything and attacking people, which means the band doesn't have a lead singer and, as a last resort, they make Emma take her place.

The other couple things I'd thought about were:

Dan and Emma go on a nature hike or something and they start being followed. It turns into a full-on chase they have to try and escape from, and they do that by jumping off of a cliff together and turning into birds. Right before they jump, Emma could like, turn to Dan and say something like "please don't try and eat me again."

The other thing I'd thought about was having to do with Gwen. Since we decided to have her be a "late-bloomer" with her animorph abilities so that Sunny could pick up whenever... what if everyone thought it didn't work on her and she thought she was the odd one out by just being ordinary. Then one of the Animorphers gets captured and Gwen ends up finding them by rescuing them by turning into a wolf and attacking their captors.

Just some ideas that had come to mind. None of them have to be used by any means, but I thought they were kind of fun. :)

@Nightcrawler

I think that sounds like an awesome idea! Love it. Edit: That also means that he would be trying to deal with stuff on his own like he always does, but ends up having to bring someone else in to it, forcing him to open up a little more than he usually does. Yay for character development! ;)

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp