z

Young Writers Society

Saving Face DT

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Incognito says...

What I am probably going to do with Tobias because he is so confused, and he only trusts Jack at this moment in time is to stick by Jack, maybe get through a little fight scene or something. ;3

Where ever the Storybook takes us.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm
scd250 says...

I would lovelovelove to join! I have worked with Jesse a lot...everyone seems to think he is awesomeness. So I'll put him in here. I can also throw in his dad.

Name: Jesse Wolfe

Occupation: Uh, he deals pot sometimes I guess. Jesse doesn't really have a job--he spends too much time partying.

Side: Rebel

Home: In an old speakeasy under the streets of the city (yes, these really exist.) that his dad converted into an apartment. It also serves as base for a small rebel faction

Normal Abilities: Really sneaky, good at getting himself out of trouble, since his two favorite hobbies are tagging cars and drinking.

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): Jesse shifts into a black wolf with golden eyes--if you make him angry enough, he may start to shift a little, but he's been getting better.

Weaknesses and Flaws: Jesse's just plain stupid. He's an 18 year old teenage male, which should tell you already what his weaknesses are. He likes girls to a ridiculous degree. He has been arrested multiple times out of his stupidity and lack of properly sneaking around when up to his many, many illegal activities. That, and his power's sort of lame and he's not good at controlling it.

Likes/Interests: Metal music, pot, parties, lots of people around.

Dislikes: His dad, living in this town

Physical Appearance:
-Nationality: Looks to be half indian (the asian type), half caucasian
-Height: 5'10
-Weight: 180
-Hair: Curly, black, and moplike
-Eyes: Warm brown, they shift to a honey gold if he gets mad
-Picture: I don't have one. None of them match the Jesse in my head.
-Other: Jesse, as I said before, deals pot. Look out for him.

Style of Dress: Jeans and a hoodie, almost invariably.

Personality: Jesse can be pushy and even snobbish at times. He's a good kid at heart but he's had it drilled into him that he has to be bad to get by. He is stuck at a point where he is very conflicted and as a result feels the need to constantly rebel in order to 'prove himself'.

Family/Friends/Pets: Jeremia, father. Robin, cousin. Mother is in another state.

History: Jesse originally grew up in a different town with his mother, who left his father after figuring out he was super (and also a shifter). Jesse inherited his father's ability, which caused his mother to be terrified of him. As a result he was just pretty much allowed to wander the streets and do whatever he felt like, which is part of the reason he's such a 'bad boy'. When he was 15, his dad gained custody and he has lived with him ever since. He hates it.

Up for Love? If you push him

Other: Jesse gets himself into trouble a LOT. If he had a mentor here that would be fantastic.
Last edited by scd250 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:59 pm
TexanWriter says...

jok: Whaddya want me to do? My only Rebel is off talking in slow motion to Isaac, Mad_Moo's character, and my other character is a Civilian! ...You want to send Jack to a psychologist? That doesn't seem... uh.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

127 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:02 pm
Incognito says...

Hey Tex, I wondering if I could make another character?
I want to make a Drone because at this moment I have an idea.
In New Orleans we have a conjestion of powerwielders, don't you think it would draw attention by the government?

~Incongito

88 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 pm
TexanWriter says...

You only made one, the limit is three characters per person. Of course you can make one!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

127 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:26 pm
Incognito says...

New development. My parents are extremely mad so the internet might be cancelled and I won't be able to post. That means I have no idea how much I will be able to get on, sparringly.

I am really sorry for this, but make sure you keep Tobias in the Storyline.

(Tex, if I have time, I will make that character.)
~Incognito

127 Reviews

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:14 am
Incognito says...

I have decided to actually make a female character for once. xP

Name:
Mann, Elizabeth Jaquelin

She has no occupatin other then what the government orders her to do.

Side:
Drone.

Home:
She doesn't have a home. The government has set locations for the drones to live on mission.

Normal Abilities:
Elizabeth is incredibly intelligent, analytical, and unbelievably accurate with her estimations. She is also inceasingly amazing at the piano and cello. She does not actually know her history, but the reason why she is so talented at music and smart was because she went to Julliard, on a scholarship. They paid for her whole entire education and called her a prodigy.

Paranormal Abilities:
Eliazbeth has enhanced feeling and hearing. Her feeling is something certainly special because she can feel even the slight tremor in the ground from someones footsteps, and she can know which way they are coming from. Her hearing works the same way with how she hears. She can hear almost every detail around her and she can know exacly how far away they are from her.

She also can see a glow from the people with powers, which makes her excedingly helpful with the government. She is a faster then any human being, yet it seems that her actual physical strength isn't as strong as the other. She usually resorts in strategy to capture the people she has too.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
As I have said before with her powers, that she can hear and feel vibrations and tremors around her and she can sense where people are. I also said that she can see a slight glow from the people with powers. Her flaw is that that is all she can see. She is virtually blind which means she needs the enhanced hearing and sense of touch or else she would never actually know where and who was coming. She sees a slight glow coming from the people which also can help in her fighting. The stronger their powers, the more visable they are to her.

Likes/Interests:
She loves instrumental music, she loves the sounds around her, the secret music in which they all collaborate together to make something of a new kind. Elizabeth also enjoys the fragrance of flowers, and the narutal world.

Dislikes:
Elizabeth hates herself, she had for as long as she could remember. Every single thing she does to hurt someone else, the more she hurts herself. She cannot stand the idea of not knowing who she was, and this hate seemed to progress farther and farther. She also hates technology and cars. Even though they add to the music around her when she is in the cities, it seems to her that they are killing the natural world, destroying until it is too far gone and can never be returned back to normal again.

Physical Appearance:
Nationality:
~ She is actually Finnish.
Height:
~ She is medium hieght, around 5"4.
Weight:
~ 115 lbs.
Hair:
~Her hair is as white as snow, and is usually whispy around her
Eyes:
~Her eyes are a deep red, stunningly so.
Picture:
~Image
There is a reason why there is blood on her mouth. View History. But the blood isn't always there.
Other:
~Her skin is pristine white, seemingly whiter than her hair. She looks almost as if she is indeed a winter goddess, encased in ice. Her beauty is unmirrored, and her appearance is something that will always stop people in their tracks. She is incredibly skinny because she barely eats.

Style of Dress:
Her coat.

That white jacket is what she seems to always be wearing. That is usually with either black or crimson clothing, sometimes even dark skin-tight leather pants. Of course, nothing too shiny. We don't want her looking like a hooker now do we.

She wears no shoes because shoes affect her observations about the vibrations in the earth. That she is a person with powers is obvious, but that she is a drone is a little less unless you use logic. What power weilder would be able to walk around with snow white sking, crimson lips and eys, if they were not a drone?

Personality:
Elizabeth is a very sad person, her expressions are usually blank or misery stricken. She is hate filled with spite for herself. She does not wish to live any longer, but it seems that she is unable to even kill herself. She is unafraid of death and will even go charging at it, which in phsycological war fare is an admirable trait. She is sad and thinks almost in a poetic way, only smiling weakly when there is actually something to smile about, she never laughs, never crys. She is like a stone angel, trapped in their own horrific world that she will let nobody enter, that she will let nobody help her because she does not want them to get hurt themselves.

She is an incredibly nice person at points, but she does only what the government wants her to do. She had no free will it seems, there is barely any life in her anymore.

Family/Friends/Pets:
She has none, they are all dead.

History:

Elizabeth was born blind, never bein able to see or know what others around her looked like. That is why it is so easy for her to find inner beauty within every person, and that is why she doesn't like hurting anyone. All her childhood, she was seemed to be treated like a monster because of her bright red eyes and 100% blindness. Her family would keep her inside and never let her out.

Elizabeth developed a sickness, a horrifying disease. Every once and a while she would get into a choking fit and she would cough up blood, pain becoming more and more excrutiating. They did nothing for her, and it only progressed worse.

It was trapped in that place, in utter darkness that she found her enjoyment for music. She is extremely talented at playing piano because of all this time of being alone, yet her music is always sad, always something that can render many people to tears. She wasn't born as this icy goddess. It was as time went on, in that house that she paled until she was but merely something that resembled a ghost. By the age of 13, her powers had fully surfaced.

In that same year, she was pulled out of her house hold, for being mistreated. The orphanage brought her to the doctors about her blood coughing fits, and they did not actually know what was wrong with her. They diagnosed her pale skin and blood shot eyes as part of the case of being an Albino, a girl whose fate was always to be blind. They did not discover her powers then, nor did they suspect that this cause of her loss of colour was due to the effects of the powers. She was discovered with music talent in one of her foster homes. They were astonished, amazed. They sent her to a music school, and from there she ended up on her way to Julliard where her learning progressed even farther.

But she was discovered. Her powers were unvieled by another and they came for her, and she would avoid them in any which way, not knowing who or what they were. It wasn't until she was in a foster home, at the age of 22, that they came in and killed the whole entire house hold, killed everyone who knew her, and erased her from existence in the rest of the worlds eyes. She began to hate herself then, blaming herself for her extistence which had caused many people to die. She was brought forward to the government, they did tests on her, and made her into a Drone, making her forget everything about her past. Yet there was one thing they could not erase, and that was the despise for what she felt for herself.

She works for the government, never trying to leave them because they are they only thing she knows, the only secure thing left she has in her life.

Up for Love:
Yes, if any of you are interested.

Other: Remember, she is blind and around others seems perfectly emotionless. She barely smiles or laughs, and never cries. She is Elizabeth, and that is the only person she can be.

-----------------------------

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:08 pm
ridersofdamar says...

I feel like im missing a lot and at most I will be able to check this three more times before the summer is over. Im really sorry but Im afraid im going to have to drop out unless someone can find a way to keep me active but not in a place where he can be used.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:47 pm
RayneChild says...

Um, I'm just now getting caught up because the last time I was on was Thursday because I was really busy yesterday.

In response to Jok's last post...

Aren't we supposed to be concealing our powers, not fighting with them? In a Starbucks, of all places??

I dunno, I just got the impression that we aren't supposed to make them known. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, I just am terribly confused :?

Also, this isn't really a big deal, I just thought I should point it out: Jok, Rayne is a girl ^^ Sorry. I know I shouldn't be picky about that, I just want to do her some justice

So anyway, if someone could clear that up for me, it would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

~Rayne
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Reviews: 2
Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:55 am
Buggy says...

I read through the description and would love to join this thread. I have two female characters and a male character in mind.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:08 pm
Buggy says...

Name: Oliver Edinburg, alias George Youngs, sister calls him Ollie

Side: Civillian... for now

Home: small ground floor flat in the city

Normal Abilities: Upper body strength is a little greater than average, knows a lot about fish, does well under pressure

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): He can switch bodies with people. Theoretically he should be able to switch out of one person's body into another's even after leaving his own, but he's never tried this.

Weaknesses and Flaws: He's a paraplegic.

Likes/Interests: Video games, action movies, pizza, not being in is apartment, aquariums, his family

Dislikes: His job, unneccessary conflict, angsty people, feeling helpless, stairs

Physical Appearance:
-Nationality: Caucasian
-Height: Used to be 6' even
-Weight: 160
-Hair: brown
-Eyes: brown
-Other: Lean, and he's in a wheelchair

Style of Dress: When he's not at work, he wears jeans and a t-shirt

Personality: Easy going, friendly, one of those people it's hard not to like. He used to be somewhat careless and enjoy messing with people, but after breaking his back he matured a bit. Every now and then he gets a bit introspective and lonely, though usually he enjoys the company of others.

Family/Friends/Pets: Robert and Sadie Edinburgh, parents. Jenny Edinburgh, sister. Has a fish tank with chichilids.

History: In high school, Oliver was energetic, a prankster, and very careless about hiding his power. Therefore it shouldn't have been much of a surprise when the government sent a drone after him when he was 19. He was able to drive his assailant off but during the strugle fell from the second story window of his parent's house. The fall broke his back and he is now paralyzed from the waist down. In an attempt to protect his family, he left for the city as soon as his hospital stay was over. He sent them a note telling them not to try and find him. He now lives in the city under the alias George Youngs. He knows it's only a matter of time until they send another drone after him...

Up for Love? Heck yes!

Other: He can't shuffle cards very well. Can play the harmonica pretty well.

((I'll post the other two in a moment...))
Last edited by Buggy on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:13 pm
Buggy says...

Name: Jenny Edinburg, brother calls her Kiddo

Age: 11 (if this is too young I can make adjustments,but given her power I think I can make it work)

Occupation: elementary school student, fixes computers for money

Side: loyalties

Home: with her parents in a two-story house in a small town

Normal Abilities: Unusually competent and resourceful for her age, small size means she's much better at hiding than most people. Lots of confidence in her abilities.

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): It's... complicated. She developed the power to 'mind meld' with people at an abnormally early age (she was 4). However, after an accident involving her laptop, her mind became hopelessly entangled with the machine to the point where they couldn't separate. Because of this, she can access information over the internet with her mind, preform complex calculations in a matter of seconds, and has access to any machines hooked up to her laptop, including cameras. She still retains a bit of the empathetic part of her power; she can usually tell when people are lying.

Weaknesses and Flaws: If she is separated from her computer (gets out of its signal range), she develops debilitating headaches. When her computer is turned off, she gets drowsy. She's also mentally succeptible to viruses, power surges, hackers, and technopaths. Although she is mature for her age, she still retains some of the shortcomings of a little girl. She's short, and not very strong.

Likes/Interests: Her family, learning new things, classical music, hopscotch, sunny days, cookies, turtles, crayons, the color blue, technology

Dislikes: The dark, being alone, being underestimated by her peers

Physical Appearance:
-Nationality: Caucasian
-Height: 4'
-Weight: 70 lbs
-Hair: brown
-Eyes: brown

Style of Dress: Rather fond of jumpers. Hair is usually in pigtails

Personality: A little high-strung. Takes herself very seriously and dislikes it when other people goof off. Very fond of her brother. Prone to outbursts when she's upset.

Family/Friends/Pets: Robert and Sadie Edinburgh, parents. Oliver Edinburgh, brother.

History: When Oliver left, Jenny was devastated. She sought out the leader of the loyalties, offering her services in exchange for help tracking down her Ollie. She hasn't found him yet, but she's getting close...

Up for Love? Ew, boys are icky!

Other: Her favorite food is gummy worms.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:53 pm
Buggy says...

Name: Robin Smith, though Jesse generally calls her things which would get me kicked off if I typed them. Alias Jane Benson

Side: Rebel

Home: Small but decent apartment in the city

Normal Abilities: Very physically fit, a good runner, disciplined

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): She's a water manipulator. Besides the obvious implications of moving water around, Robin can breathe underwater and transform into a liquid state

Weaknesses and Flaws: Gets dehydrated easily, doesn't take criticism well, rather inflexible and short tempered

Likes/Interests: Keeping Jesse in line, oreos, sushi, working out, the rain

Dislikes: Jesse being a pothead, failure, criticism

Physical Appearance:
-Nationality: African-American
-Height: 5'9"
-Weight: 145 lbs
-Hair: black, in long braids
-Eyes: very dark

Style of Dress: At work, plain collared shirts and khakis, sometimes sweaters. She does NOT do skirts. At home, she wears sweats and other gym type stuff.

Personality: She's driven, has a good heart and is fiercely loyal. That being said, she also has a horrible temper and isn't really a people-person. If you get past that though she's a really good friend.

Family/Friends/Pets: Parents deceased. Jesse Wolfe, cousin. Jeremia Wolfe, uncle. Noah, her labrador

History: Robin's parents died in a train accident when she was very young. She had been living with cousin Jesse and uncle Jeremia until she got old enough to get a job under the alias Jane Benson. She cares very much for her cousin and shows this by constantly nagging at him about his slacker pothead lifestyle.

Up for Love? Er, sure, though I don't know many people who could make it work... we'll see what happens.

Other: Can't snap her fingers.

88 Reviews

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 pm
TexanWriter says...

Um, so this wasn't a rule, but posts that are a paragraph or less long assist to clog up the thread, which pretty much is what the "All Disscussion On DT" rule was to avoid. It's okay to make stuff up for other characters. Making stuff up for other people's characters makes the character grow and mature into an amazing, life-like thing. If you and another person have a certain scene in mind, I would very much appreciate it if you PMd each other and wrote it together before hand or something.

It's not a rule and I'm not forcing you, but I really want to keep things from clogging up. Longer, well thought out posts help with that.

-Albert Einstein

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm
Buggy says...

My apologies. I'm just getting used to the format of this site, but I'll try to fix it.

In general my posts tend to be a little shorter than most peoples (not as short as the ones I've posted so far, but still). My main problem is that I feel the need to wait for someone else's reaction instead of writing it in myself due to the last site I was on. It'll take a little while for me to get comfortable with it, but I understand that short posts can be irksome. I will do my best to do this properly.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory