z

Young Writers Society

Rei [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Saentiel I barely talked about it, but Nico Ringo would definitely call Keira Bubbly Puck as an old habit to-be-explained, so, I guess the first part of her sentence should be changed to "Bubbly Puck." <--- used as a serious-toned greeting.

Aside that, Yay! It begins!

Oh oh, and may I reserve the next post, by the by? Hope that doesn't go against anyone's early plans.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 pm
Mageheart says...

Changed it, @Tortwag. I don't have any problem with you going next, and I don't think anyone else will. When can you get a post up by?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:06 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Saentiel Thank you! Naturally, you get to ask that of me when my post comes around, since I'll be including Keira.
As for the previously mentioned "when", normally by the end of the week, if not sooner. I'll start writing it today, but I have some school work to finish first - yes, because they're totally giving us massing amount of homework during holidays :3
#TeachersGiveChristmasGiftsToo
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:33 pm
Lael says...

Okay, question dump time. I know some will be a little harder to answer.

• How many AP courses does the school offer?
  • How many people take AP/honors courses? In general, what percentage of their classes are higher level?
  • What is the mentality of the school body about academics and getting good grades?
  • How big is the school population?
  • What is the percentage of Asians, and what is the general opinion on them?
  • What kind of extracurriculars, programs, and clubs does the school offer?
  • What is the school's phone policy?
  • Is there a dress code?
  • How strictly are the rules enforced by the adults?
  • What do most kids like to do?
  • Is it possible to be in more than one friend group or are cliques the big thing?
  • Is there a stereotypical "popular vs. unpopular" or "must fit in" kind of environment at school?
  • What opinion do people have of new kids?
  • In any aspect, what is the general view of Texas?
  • What is the weather like in Huntsville?

And that concludes my question list for now. Also, with Jenna's character, I don't think she'd be so easily convinced to help out on such a strange thing. If the friends just approached her and straight-off say something about a mystical Latin book and saving the world, she'd think they were either crazy or trying to trick her and she would then try to avoid them. But part of her would want to believe it.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Lael, I'll answer your questions when I get on my laptop later! But to help you out with your last comment, I should have explained it more clearly in the plot points. The thing she wants to get to the bottom of is why the mysterious account knows so much about her.
mage

queer and here.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:42 pm
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

I'll write the next post. Already checked out the WriterFeedPad.

I'll try to get it up either today or tomorrow.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:44 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Thundahguy → *Tortwag, a few posts before:*
"Oh oh, and may I reserve the next post, by the by? Hope that doesn't go against anyone's early plans.*

↑ Is that a problem, m'dear? Because we can always negociate.

@Lael totally add percentage of Black people" to the Asian question, now that I think about it.

74 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:47 pm
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

Ah, sorry about that. I was checking the WriterFeedPad and no one had put anything in the second post, so I just put mine there.

I can do the third if you want.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:17 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Thundahguy It's fine! I wasn't sure if you'd seen it, anyway.

I'd like that, yes! I'm not going to include the other characters for most of my post, so normally I shouldn't interfere with whatever you've planned. If I do, naturally, you can just guillotine me for messing around and I should resurrect to correct my mistakes rather easily.

74 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:20 pm
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

Got it. I'll do third.
I'll also put your name down for you.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:10 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

can i take the last one
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Thundahguy Thankies!

@Saentiel reminds me, I should ask:

-Thundah made the good point of reminding me that the events on the WFP are chronological. Does that mean that our next posts have to include the chronological order of events, or can we have like one post that's unrelated, and another one that deals with the main event?
"So basically, can we have Main Plot posts VS Sub-Plot/Character Development/Other posts?" is the question here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Mageheart says...

Since the posts are chronological and the challenge was specifically made for the exact number of people we have, you would have to combine the two parts. Since you're going up next and you essentially can have the study hall at any part of the day, you're not really limited with that specific post. I hope that makes sense.

And you can definitely go last, @Poopsie!
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I wanted the lunch post anyways! Any chance to talk about food . . . or the stuff they serve in school cafeterias that they claim is food.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Lael, I'm on my laptop now, so let me try my best to answer your questions! I'll put them in a spoiler so my answers don't take up the entire page. The majority of my replies are based on my own school, but, since it obviously isn't the only school in existence, feel free to ignore a lot of my responses.

Spoiler! :
How many AP courses does the school offer?

This is up to you! I'd think a lot, but I'm not really sure. I would expect at least one for each subject, with a few exceptions. There would probably be an AP class for each language offered there. If there's any AP class you want to include, feel free to!

How many people take AP/honors courses? In general, what percentage of their classes are higher level?

I'd say around a fifth of the student body in each grade takes them (possibly excluding freshmen because of the lack of AP courses for them), though it might be more or less depending on the grade.

What is the mentality of the school body about academics and getting good grades?

I think it really depends on the group. It's your average public school, so some are going to be motivated than others. The AP/honors students are definitely going to be more high-achieving than a lot of the lower level students - though there's obviously going to be some exceptions to that.

How big is the school population?

It's on the smaller side. Each grade probably has around one hundred fifty students, so that would put them at around six hundred students in total.

What is the percentage of Asians, and what is the general opinion on them?

I'd say about 5% of the students? And to answer Tort's additional question about black students, I'd say another 5%. But it's honestly up to you guys!

What kind of extracurriculars, programs, and clubs does the school offer?

It offers a wide variety of them! If you want a club, they'll have it. For example, Puck's CP mentions her being a member of an environmental club, book club and the school's GSA.

What is the school's phone policy?

You're not allowed to use while a teacher is teaching unless they say you can, but you can use it after class is done for the day. It can also be used during passing time and lunch.

Is there a dress code?

Yes, but it's nothing too major. There's restrictions on the thickness of tank top straps and skirt/shorts lengths, but that's about it.

How strictly are the rules enforced by the adults?

I'm not really sure about this! I've never broken rules in my school before, so I don't know how they would normally be enforced.

What do most kids like to do?

Probably shop, see movies together or just hang out! There's also probably a large group of them that do some sort of sport.

Is it possible to be in more than one friend group or are cliques the big thing?

Most are in a single friend group, but the group can be pretty large.

Is there a stereotypical "popular vs. unpopular" or "must fit in" kind of environment at school?

Yeah, but there's a small group of students that ignore/act unaffected by it - Puck's an example of that.

What opinion do people have of new kids?

They might be a little wary of them at first, but, since so many people seem to move there, they end up accepting them after some time. I think it really depends on the new kid.

In any aspect, what is the general view of Texas?

Probably that it's just another state! You can really be creative with this - I'm not quite sure on it.

What is the weather like in Huntsville?

It varies a lot. Sometimes it's sunny, other times rainy or even just cloudy. The people there are used to snow, but they rarely get more than a foot in a single storm.
mage

queer and here.

As ideas are always better than their execution, so too must dough taste better than cookies.
— Horisun