z

Young Writers Society

When the World is Dying DT

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:25 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Here was my thinking. Fuel would still be usable after fifteen years, as long as we found enough of it. The only issue I see is the actual transport. We have the options of air and water vessels. But seeing as none of the characters available know how to fly a plane, much less a private jet for the size of our group, that isn't really an option.

If we go with a water craft, the only options we would have would be fuel or sailing. Sailing would take longer and the boat would have to be large enough to store enough food and water for a trip that could last months. But again, as none of our characters have experience with sailing, though that would be easier to learn than flying a plane, it would make more sense to have a engine run boat. The only ones that could carry enough fuel would be a cargo ship, or maybe a large yacht. Both of which would require some time to learn how to put into drive and read gauges properly. So that is the break down that I came up with for our actual transport to England. I am fine with working with whatever.

To places we could go with this story. First, I also thought it would be interesting to have a run in with Yuko. If he was a immune he could take this sort of, "the immune will inherit the earth" sort of theme. But with his somewhat sadistic nature that I gather from Harry's background. I imagine that he would try to create a sort of empire where he, along with any immune woman that he finds, will have to repopulate the world. We may run into him looking for Harry, but I have a feeling that once he saw Wyvern he would make sure to take her with him. Food for thought.

Another idea I had was coming across a "safe zone" some place that has managed to isolate themselves from most of the horrors outside. We could use it as a means of the group to rest for a bit. I sort of thought that maybe it could come under attack and it becomes painfully obvious that the people in this community can't defend themselves. So, knowing that another raid is coming, our little group loads up and takes out the threat when they comes back to finish the job.

My last thought was maybe passing through Samuel's home town where he can visit his sister's grave. Someone could follow him and he could tell them about his upbringing and why he can't seem to feel anything, physically or emotionally. It could be a small step toward someone chipping through the walls he put up.

107 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:30 pm

OH! I forgot one about Samuel being caught by some of the remnants of The Tournament and held so that his title could finally be claimed. Samuel would assume, as he would think analytically, that the group would move on as it would be too much of a risk for them to come after him since he isn't immune. If they came for him, he would be completely in shock and start to open up, knowing that he could rely on the rest of the group.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:23 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX Actually Harry knows the rudimentary skills of of a fuel water craft. He's one of Yuko's searchers (a title which will be explained in my next post).

107 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:29 pm

@LordZeus Cool. That takes care of that. So it would seem that our best bet would be a engine driven boat. But is Harry able to drive something large enough to carry the fuel, food, and water necessary. There is a different between driving a small boat and a cargo ship.

39 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:02 pm
LordZeus says...

Yes, he does @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX (I guess you could call him Captain Harry :P .....Yeah, bad joke, I know...)

I will explain that in my next post. He also knows the positions of people on large ships, and how they function to, together, run the ship. You see, he is rather highly placed and prized among Yuko's slaves, so he has often been in positions of authority. He still hated it though, as I will explain in my next post.

Also, by the way, I have no problem with Yuko being immune, but I created him with the image of a greedy man who takes advantage of the state of the world to sell resources at high prices. And when they can't afford them, he makes them pay in slaves. He has an idea of forming a community based on forced labour, which he believes is the only community that can last.

He also wants to rule this community. His basic instinct is lust for power. He does value immune slaves for their uses, but not to have them inherit the earth.

Although, he could probably have a group of immune women in camp so that there would be a greater chance that his heirs and the children of the non-slaves (soldiers and people with special abilities, especially fighting) would not catch the disease.

His lackeys include immune and non-immune indiscriminantly though. All Are people whom Yuko felt that he could control and who were not against the slave system. As a result, most of them are not too intelligent.

107 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:07 pm

@ LordZeus Works just as well. A reference sheet might be helpful for when we deal with this guy though. Just a thought.

107 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:11 pm

@LordZeus I just realized that Samuel is going to absolutely hate this guy. He is going to remind Samuel of his father. This will be interesting.

39 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:49 pm
LordZeus says...

Posted! @Jexy , I mentioned your character aminly in my post.. Please tell me if you want me to change anything!

Also, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX you may want to look at the post for an explanation of what I said earlier (What Harry's job was in Yuko's camp, and what it had to do with ships).

Everyone else, I hope that I did your characters justice for what small part they wre mentioned in my post (Sorry! I promise to mention everyone more when I post next).

107 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 pm

As it stands, with that information about Yuko, we may be having to face him as a sort of last stand to get a ship. I am going to make a small post, just to have Samuel doing something. Nothing really big unless someone interacts with him.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:51 am
Jexy says...

@LordZeus That was a fantastic post :D Would you PM me? I'm wondering when you're online so we could talk about a few ideas I have for the SB.

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX Have you played the game The Last Stand: Union City? It could all culminate in the stealing of a ship from Yuko's people at the expense of someone being left behind or killed depending on how things go if extra drama was needed xD Just an idea :)

107 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:23 am

@Jexy It is a thought. Samuel would definitely make that kind of sacrifice if needed. But let's hope it doesn't. XD I really like how this RP is going.

39 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:47 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey guys just thought I'd mention that Harry's new pistols are sleek and black. People will doubtless be curious as to how Harry got new pistols. He will explain all the next day, as I mentioned in my most recent post.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:05 am
Basil says...

I'm really liking these ideas, everyone!! How about ... One more page of posts with our characters getting to know each other, then we start with the plans for them to get a ship and go to England.

Also, since this hasn't come up yet, should England actually be a safe zone? It'd be a nice conclusion to the SB, but it's just a thought, in case we don't want it to end xD I know I don't haha
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:43 am

Well here's the thing. If it is a safe zone and they do manage to create a cure. That doesn't have to be the end. I mean, this group, individually or together, have been in this Infected world for fifteen years. That isn't just something you stop doing cold turkey.

We could always continue passed the safe zone into more adventures in Zombie Land.

39 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:47 am
LordZeus says...

So, who's posting next? Maybe you, @Jexy?

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer